Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Sorry for bring up the Manchester cancellation but I saw a few people had either been to the venue before (old trafford) or lived in Manchester to answer my question - there's a train leaving Manchester Piccadilly at 11:50, is it possible to get from the venue to the train station in the that time? (curfew 10:30) Cheers 

10 minutes ago, James96 said:

Sorry for bring up the Manchester cancellation but I saw a few people had either been to the venue before (old trafford) or lived in Manchester to answer my question - there's a train leaving Manchester Piccadilly at 11:50, is it possible to get from the venue to the train station in the that time? (curfew 10:30) Cheers 

Boy, I could crawl that with days to spare :P

Joking aside, should be fine if they stick to curfew. Probably about three and a bit miles between ground and Piccadilly -  so an hour's walk or thereabouts! 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Chawk said:

I haven't got mine either. Eventim customer service is pretty bad from my experience when I phoned them the other day.

Did you get your link - got mine in the form of a survey ? Apparently I'll be getting my ticket as a download in 48 hours.

1 hour ago, James96 said:

That should be easily doable. 

Get the tram straight to piccadilly. 

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Boy, I could crawl that with days to spare :P

Joking aside, should be fine if they stick to curfew. Probably about three and a bit miles between ground and Piccadilly -  so an hour's walk or thereabouts! 

Thanks, I think I'll get the tram!

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

That should be easily doable. 

Get the tram straight to piccadilly. 

Exactly what I was thinking, think I'll go with that then. Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, James96 said:

No worries, laddie, no worries.

Never actually been to it but heard Victoria Warehouse is the worst venue to get back from in Manchester, particularly if you don't live west of the city. Not personal experience, but believe Old Trafford won't be too bad at all.

43 minutes ago, James96 said:

Exactly what I was thinking, think I'll go with that then. Thanks for the help!

No worries. If its mental busy at the trafford tram stop i would walk down to exhange quay stop over the bridge. About a 15min walk and the tram will be empty over there. Goes straight to Piccadilly. 

7 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Oh, I don't hugely care for it either but fairly resigned to it opening :P  Still hanging onto my predicted 24 - tbh, not many I'd change off that for what I've got.

There There is probably second after FPT for me tbf and it seems to be a festival favourite so fingers crossed.

Would happily accept that.

In fact, as everyone seems to have FPT in these final predictions, you're all fine by me! :P 

FPT was always the song they played the show before/after the show I went to.  FINALLY, THIS IS MY TIME!!!!

7 hours ago, fowls said:

FPT was always the song they played the show before/after the show I went to.  FINALLY, THIS IS MY TIME!!!!

If you're referring to Glastonbury, then my word, I hope you're right.

Really, as long as they don't play it in Dublin on Tuesday, the odds are 50/50. (They play it there, we're looking a bit stuffed IMO)

Does anyone think it will be possible to catch future islands @ the John peel tent and make it to Radiohead + get inside the first crush barrier?? I need to be inside that first barrier. 

Msybe be if I leave future islands 10 mins early I can get in on the change over ?? 

I'm not the biggest Radiohead fan (sorry!) but at the three festivals I've seen them headline they've been so good. 2003's No Surprises into Fake Plastic Trees is one of my favourite Pyramid headliner moments; it's up there with Tender!

Looking forward to seeing them in a week's time (a week!)

With the gig a week away now, going to make a few changes to my predicted setlist (factoring in, of course, the touch of hopeful dreaming).

1 Daydreaming
2 Lucky
3 Ful Stop
4 All I Need (replacing 15 Step)
5 Airbag
6 Bloom
7 I Might Be Wrong (replacing There There)
8 Pyramid Song
9 Bodysnatchers
10 Let Down
11 Identikit
12 Myxomatosis
13 Everything In Its Right Place
14 The Numbers
15 Idioteque
16 Nude
17 Reckoner

18 There There (replacing I Promise)
19 No Surprises
20 Fake Plastic Trees
21 Paranoid Android
22 Karma Police

23 You and Whose Army?
24 Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Missing a few faves here and there - can't find room for I Might Be Wrong or Weird Fishes but I can't see there not being at least four songs from AMSP. With its absence on Wednesday, I'm also crossing fingers for a lack of The Gloaming.

It's probably those encores that are the most unrealistic - but the only tracks of the final seven that I don't feel are a stone cold lock-in are There There and Fake Plastic Trees (You and Whose Army? feels fixed at this point, Street Spirit feels nailed on as the final track and the other three are OKC big-hitters on a show that will likely feature all the OKC big hitters.) With the fact that everyone else seems to be predicting Fake Plastic Trees around now, I'm feeling optimistic of having my favourite appear - but that all depends on it missing the Dublin show on Tuesday I fear.

• Upvote 1

1000th post so they need to honour this, surely (Thom, if you're reading this, yeh?)

[95% pure hope/fantasy, 5% 'suppose they have to/will play this']

1 Airbag

2 15 Step 

3 Ful Stop

4 There There

5 Weird Fishes

6 I Might Be Wrong 

7 Lotus Flower 

8 Talk Show Host

9 Identikit 

10 Lucky

11 Just