Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You can't really judge a Bond song in isolation, you can only really assess whether it works when viewing it in the cinema with the accompanying visuals.

Can't imagine Radiohead's version set to a procession of naked lady silhouettes.

You don't need to imagine...works quite well I think!

6 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Someone on eBay has been selling all the old merchandise and it's so much better then what we get today 

My favourite is the ok computer shirt 

Always loved the HTTT t-shirt with the full HTTT cover on it. Been tempted to buy a replica I've seen knocking about but... eh, always put off buying that kind of stuff over the official ones. Can't say any of their recent merch has really caught my eye though - their older classic stuff is much better.

On 2017-5-8 at 0:09 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

That does work.  Presumably it's been reedited a bit? Most of those cuts line up with the music exactly.  Good job, whoever did that.

I thought the acts working on a Bond theme had to work to a brief, so in theory they would all match up with the finished segment. I'm also fairly certain the opening bars are the same as the awful Sam Smith track that eventually opened the film, so they're given the start, and an idea of the visuals, and told to go from there.

Incidentally Spectre is the Radiohead song that finally got me into them. Having spent years thinking they were pretentious and 90's nostalgia, last year with 'A Moon Shaped Pool' I finally realised I was wrong. When my friends told me to listen to 'OK Computer' they should have aimed me towards 'The Bends.' Now I'm desperately playing catch up ahead of 23rd June, but also loving discovering songs like "Fake Plastic Trees" "My Iron Lung" "Bodysnatchers" and "Lotus Flower."

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

I thought the acts working on a Bond theme had to work to a brief, so in theory they would all match up with the finished segment. I'm also fairly certain the opening bars are the same as the awful Sam Smith track that eventually opened the film, so they're given the start, and an idea of the visuals, and told to go from there.

Incidentally Spectre is the Radiohead song that finally got me into them. Having spent years thinking they were pretentious and 90's nostalgia, last year with 'A Moon Shaped Pool' I finally realised I was wrong. When my friends told me to listen to 'OK Computer' they should have aimed me towards 'The Bends.' Now I'm desperately playing catch up ahead of 23rd June, but also loving discovering songs like "Fake Plastic Trees" "My Iron Lung" "Bodysnatchers" and "Lotus Flower."

Interesting. I'm going to have to watch this side by side with the original now.

16 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

Certainly starts with a bang!

Not sure what the album mix is going to be but would like a little more even. Eg, How to Disappear Completely, Weird Fishes, Nude and Pyramid Song to feature somewhere. 

Only went with the heavy weighting of OKC with this new anniversary malarkey going on, Weird Fishes is certainly the biggest omission