Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If you removed Morning Mr Magpie, Little by Little and Feral, then you've got one of the most staggeringly beautiful and powerful EPs ever recorded.

An an album it has serious issues(see above songs), but over half of the songs are really, really good. I'll defend that closing run of three tunes to my death.

I've never been 100% on Give up the Ghost but Codex doesn't get the credit it deserves for being an unbelievably beautiful track.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Confession time... I can quite easily listen to TKOL in isolation and not get bored. But it's still number 8 in my list like.

My issue with TKOL is that its the only Radiohead album that makes me understand my friends opinion that Radiohead are boring. (I don't think that, I absolutely love them)

I came across this old article - http://www.stereogum.com/1785919/30-essential-radiohead-non-album-tracks/franchises/radiohead-week/ - and realised I've never got into non-album Radiohead, despite loving all their albums (except PH). So I'm having a Radiohead b-side listening party today. Any recommendations for their best non-album tracks, or those that they have a reasonably good chance of playing in their Glastonbury set?

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

They played it at Primavera, so who knows. Slim, I'd expect, but not impossible

Citing times.

I follow this thread with a fairly casual interest compared to most as I don't mind hugely what they play, although I'm crossing everything for tracks from The Bends. Besides that, a decent showing from OKC and In Rainbows and I'll be happy. Not long now...

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Citing times.

I follow this thread with a fairly casual interest compared to most as I don't mind hugely what they play, although I'm crossing everything for tracks from The Bends. Besides that, a decent showing from OKC and In Rainbows and I'll be happy. Not long now...

You'll almost certainly be a happy bunny! I think that although we can be obsessives, we're all gonna leave the Pyramid field very satisfied. 

27 minutes ago, StephenMinty said:

I came across this old article - http://www.stereogum.com/1785919/30-essential-radiohead-non-album-tracks/franchises/radiohead-week/ - and realised I've never got into non-album Radiohead, despite loving all their albums (except PH). So I'm having a Radiohead b-side listening party today. Any recommendations for their best non-album tracks, or those that they have a reasonably good chance of playing in their Glastonbury set?

No real huge chance of any B-sides. Talk Show Host might get an airing.

My fave non-album stuff:

The Daily Mail

Polyethylene

Last Flowers

Cuttooth

Kinetic

Lull

Palo Alto

Pearly

To be honest most of the B-sides are good. Didn't even mention Fog, Worrywort, Trans-Atlantic Drawl, Down is the New Up, Bangers and Mash, blah blah blah.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

You'll almost certainly be a happy bunny! I think that although we can be obsessives, we're all gonna leave the Pyramid field very satisfied. 

I agree! And I love AMSP too, so I can't really lose :)

The National and Radiohead in one year... still feeling very spoilt.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I agree! And I love AMSP too, so I can't really lose :)

The National and Radiohead in one year... still feeling very spoilt.

Still not over The National turning up so unexpectedly. The feeling I got when I moved onto the second line of the poster and saw them there was amazing.

59 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I've definitely got increasingly more appreciative of TKOL over the last few months. I've never really connected with Amnesiac and if I'm being honest there's probably a case to be made for TKOL sneaking into 7th place. 

I love Amnesiac. I've really binged on it recently and I think it's a fantastic record. I'd go as far to say the best tracks from Amnesiac are as good if not better than anything from Kid A, it's just clearly not as cohesive a package. 

Also, Separator is good but MPS is clearly their best closing track.

44 minutes ago, StephenMinty said:

Supercollider :)

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I love Amnesiac. I've really binged on it recently and I think it's a fantastic record. I'd go as far to say the best tracks from Amnesiac are as good if not better than anything from Kid A, it's just clearly not as cohesive a package. 

Agree here. Dollars and Cents, Life in a Glasshouse, You and Whose Army, I Might Be Wrong, Pyramid Song. It's a cracking album.