Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

I already own Ok Computer on vinyl and have every one of those bonus tracks in some form or other. I also don't want two copies of the same album sat in my otherwise meticulously organised record collection. For those reasons I'm passing.

Still haven't given up hope on a cheeky small show or two this month.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

If they aren't playing the record in full at Glastonbury, they're definitely playing the majority of it.

I think in full would be a mistake/a bit shit as it'd remove a whole load of other essential songs we want them to play, but I hope this increases the chances of your Airbag opener prediction as that would be insane.

Very much looking forward to hearing some of those old songs recorded though. Lift *drool*

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shame, I'm away on that date.

You getting away for a quiet weekend? I intend on doing the same, quiet little resort I'm heading too.

I want the boxed edition but £100 is just too much at the moment! Is everyone re-doing there setlists?

I completely get the concerns about the record being played in full, but on the flip side it would guarantee the show would be extra special and also guarantee the likes of Let Down, Lucky, Climbing up the Walls, Airbag and The Tourist. I'm not particularly in favour of it since we'd almost certainly get less tracks from In Rainbows, Amnesiac and Kid A, but as someone who has seen them before and also has tickets to Manchester, it would be pretty cool to see them do something unique for Glastonbury.

With that release date, they're definitely going to do something for Glastonbury. If they weren't planning on doing something for the festival, it would have made more sense to release on the exact date of the original OKC release, surely?

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think in full would be a mistake/a bit shit as it'd remove a whole load of other essential songs we want them to play, but I hope this increases the chances of your Airbag opener prediction as that would be insane.

Very much looking forward to hearing some of those old songs recorded though. Lift *drool*

I think it guarantees all of the big hitters from that album - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down, Karma Police, No Surprises, Lucky.

As you say though, it does lower the spaces for other stuff, especially if they still want to flog AMSP. Given that In Rainbows has never got an outing on the Pyramid I'd be more than happy for a setlist drawing heavily on that and OKC..

Gawd I love OK Computer but if they disrupt this long awaited Glasto headline slot with three albums in between to chuck out a load of songs they did last two times in order to promote this latest swipe at their loyal fanbases wallets then they can get tae fuck.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 4

You're going to really look like a doofus if you try and complain about getting to be there the only time Radiohead play their seminal record in full because you didn't get Weird Fishes or something.*

Personally hell yeah, please do that, but I did see their standard festival show last year and otherwise was just expecting the Glasto show to be more of the same.

*assuming that's what happens. which I don't necessarily think it will

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

You're going to really look like a doofus if you try and complain about getting to be there the only time Radiohead play their seminal record in full because you didn't get Weird Fishes or something.*

Personally hell yeah, please do that, but I did see their standard festival show last year and otherwise was just expecting the Glasto show to be more of the same.

Yeah that's my view on the matter just articulated better.

11 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I'm just more interested in them crafting a show out of songs they've been doing the last ten years rather than something they've hammered into the ground here. Radiohead fans have always seemed to embrace the spontaneity of a live set - its like the main talking point.

Heck even a spontaneous run thru of an album at a show makes for something exciting but one coinciding with that they're flogging their latest reissue (last being 2009), gee what a thing to be a part of!

i don't think it'll happen either but just my opinion if it does imo.

18 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Then I'm a doofus.  Seriously, fuck this shit.  Radiohead have always been a forward looking band.  I've never, ever, ever heard of a band who released a great album after doing one of these "full album retrospective" bullshit performances.  Climbing Up The Walls instead of Weird Fishes? Fitter Happier instead of Give Up The Ghost? Electioneering instead of How To Disappear Completely?

Fuck off.  

Edited by stuartbert two hats
added "always"
  • Upvote 1

We've done the setlist thing to death so this may be a nice variation of that - let's say they DO play OK Computer in full, that would leave us with 12 other songs from their catalogue to fill the setlist with (assuming they stick with the usual 24 songs). What songs do they play? (Either realistic or wishlist - I'm going for realistic).

Street Spirit
Everything in it's Right Place
Idioteque
You and Whose Army?
There There
Nude
Weird Fishes
Reckoner
Lotus Flower
Daydreaming
Ful Stop
Identikit

(Can probably replace There There with The Gloaming, because fuck them).

Street Spirit
The National Anthem
Everything In It's Right Place
Idioteque
Pyramid Song
Bodysnatchers
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Reckoner
Lotus Flower
Daydreaming
Ful Stop
Present Tense

Tried to keep that realistic. Even if they don't play OK Computer in full but do a decent chunk of it, say half, then I don't think we'll see Creep or much from The Bends. 

Edited by kingcrawler

It can't be a coincidence that they are releasing this on the 23rd as opposed to exactly one week earlier which would be the 20th anniversary of the original UK release.  It just doesn't make sense unless the two things are tied together.

Edited by cloudb

12 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah I'm no fan of full album sets at the best of times. Wasting a long-awaited Glastonbury show on one just because they happen to be dropping an over priced reissue that morning ain't gonna make me feel better about them. 

That's not the reason though is it. Are you really accusing the band who started the 'pay what you want' style album release as being mainly driven by money?

Shangri La have retweeted the Radiohead announcement. I think we can safely assume that this means the 'Head will play a standard festival set (Bloom, The Gloaming etc) at 21:45 Friday 23rd June on the Pyramid. And a secret set on the Truth stage where they will run through their minor opus OK Computer. With a few old b-sides for company.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rjb94 said:

Wow. I don't think there'll be a full album play through, but Airbag into Paranoid Android opening is definitely on. Or maybe opening with Lucky like in 97

Airbag in to Paranoid Android would be a ballin' start to their set - polar opposite of Daydreaming in to Desert Island Disk from their previous shows :lol: and then if Subterranean Homesick Aliens follows we can pretty much assume the rest of the album is coming as well.

2 minutes ago, Robofish said:

Shangri La have retweeted the Radiohead announcement. I think we can safely assume that this means the 'Head will play a standard festival set (Bloom, The Gloaming etc) at 21:45 Friday 23rd June on the Pyramid. And a secret set on the Truth stage where they will run through their minor opus OK Computer. With a few old b-sides for company.

The most wishful of wishful thinking prize goes to @Robofish. I won't be complaining if this comes true though.

• Upvote 1