Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Fuck me, that's the first time I've ever heard Paranoid Android, What an appalling song. Interminable. Some kind of horrific Brian May guitar solo in it.

I've only heard Kid A, Amnesiac, Rainbow and the latest one. Some absolute belting stuff on them, mind.

Y0RZm.gif

• Upvote 3

Just now, jparx said:

Best not show Mardy the original 10 minute version of Paranoid Android.

Seriously, like just after that I listened to 'The National Anthem', and it's brilliant, love it. 

Basically, what I'm saying is

1) Kid A

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Oh shit, I've just incurred the wrath of all of you, haven't I. I'll take you all on, square goes. In front of the Pyramid. Friday 23rd June. 10pm. And you can bring your dinner.

Never did i think my love, Leyton Orient, would be mentioned in a glasto Radiohead thread!

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

As a fellow newbie, (well I heard most ofok computer at the time) I really like national anthem too. Idiotheque, Everything in its right place and How to disappear all ace too. Don't like the songs kid a or in limbo and treefingers seems pointless really. 

In rainbows probably beats kid a  - and 'all I need' is amazing, but bizarreley Tuna has missed this off his list, despite it being the best song on in rainbows. 

I'm always gonna find the androidy type songs much better than you do though. 

A lot of good stuff on the new one. 

yes, I really like in Rainbows too. Some really good stuff on there, I like Weird Fishes a lot

6 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Never did i think my love, Leyton Orient, would be mentioned in a glasto Radiohead thread!

Ah now, if you're an Os fan, you've had a rough old year. It must be pretty tough going at the moment. I suspect Radiohead provide the perfect soundtrack.

I remember coming home from school one day and my parents had Sky fitted (a very exciting time) and my mum told me not to mess with the remote. Obviously I didn't listen so I messed with the remote. On came MTV (back when they actually played music) and a weird cartoon backed with a weird rock song. I loved every second, but I didn't know what it was. I was young and my music knowledge was limited and I couldn't Google it because the internet wasn't really a thing back then. However, that image of the music video stuck with me. 

Throughout my teens music really defined and helped me through a lot. Then one day, I came across Radiohead. I listened to all their stuff and watched all their videos. Then I watched the Paranoid Android music video and everything clicked. This was the music video I had come home to from school one day. 

Not sure how or why that video got allowed on primetime TV but hey ho. 

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

OK computer reminds me of being off my face at uni so has an unfair advantage. The other albums I've heard have their high points but I'll never be "one of them" I don't think. 

I have enough other weirdos to be obsessive about. 

so, I've figured out, this is my problem with lots of bands of Radiohead's age, I went abroad to Slovakia in 1994, and was away for a good few years. I basically then didn't have any access to new music until I got broadband in, I dunno, 2006 or something. So there's a 10 year gap where all these bands became popular and I didn't get exposed to them. I came back to the Uk and they were fucking massive and I didn't really know where to begin with them. It was alright with bands I knew before I went away, and fine with bands that have grown up since then but I've got a blind spot from that period.

2 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

I remember coming home from school one day and my parents had Sky fitted (a very exciting time) and my mum told me not to mess with the remote. Obviously I didn't listen so I messed with the remote. On came MTV (back when they actually played music) and a weird cartoon backed with a weird rock song. I loved every second, but I didn't know what it was. I was young and my music knowledge was limited and I couldn't Google it because the internet wasn't really a thing back then. However, that image of the music video stuck with me. 

Throughout my teens music really defined and helped me through a lot. Then one day, I came across Radiohead. I listened to all their stuff and watched all their videos. Then I watched the Paranoid Android music video and everything clicked. This was the music video I had come home to from school one day. 

ah, that's a perfect companion piece to what I've just posted, yeah

17 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Don't like the songs kid a or in limbo and treefingers seems pointless really. 

Yeah, without those two Kid A might indeed be the best album but I feel they break up the flow. Sure others will disagree.

17 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

'all I need' is amazing, but bizarreley Tuna has missed this off his list, despite it being the best song on in rainbows. 

All I Need is top 4 on In Rainbows for me (along with Reckoner, Fishes, Jigsaw but can't decide order), doesn't seem to be as universally popular though.

Edited by cammie81

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Funnily enough similar happened to me. I saw it come on in a bowling alley on MTV and was mesmerised. As a kid who loved The Simpsons, Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill etc that video was one of the coolest music videos i had ever seen at that point.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Fuck me, that's the first time I've ever heard Paranoid Android, What an appalling song. Interminable. Some kind of horrific Brian May guitar solo in it.

I've only heard Kid A, Amnesiac, Rainbow and the latest one. Some absolute belting stuff on them, mind.

it's an awful racket, that tune isn't it?  the definition of wailing, angsty teenage nonsense.  it goes on and on and on...

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Myxomatosis can stay! Absolute tuuunneee. Not sure what the likelihood of it actually getting played is, but it's been getting a few outings on this tour for sure.

I was watching their Lollapoloza Chicago set last night and as soon as they drop in to Myxomatosis it got me thinking how brilliant it will sound on the Pyramid if they include it. No build up, just BANG straight in to that riff from the off... it's adds a hectic element to their set.

But yeah, Gloaming can do one! Im not offended by Bloom, but it takes up valuable space in a set which can be filled by much better.

Edited by Familiar2billions

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Myxomatosis can stay! Absolute tuuunneee. Not sure what the likelihood of it actually getting played is, but it's been getting a few outings on this tour for sure.

Was pleasantly surprised when they played at the Roundhouse and it was great. 

Would be a great at Glastonbury I think. Need some of the livelier ones in for the atmosphere