Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Have to admit, I still don't get Nude. It's fine and all, don't rate it as high as some of you cats. 

And this isn't a HTDC situation, I've definitely listened to Nude enough to make an informed decision. 

Good song, but if they're only going to play 3/4 tracks off of In Rainbows it wouldn't make the cut for me. Would much prefer 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Reckoner, Arpeggi and Jigsaw.

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Good song, but if they're only going to play 3/4 tracks off of In Rainbows it wouldn't make the cut for me. Would much prefer 15 Step, Bodysnatchers, Reckoner, Arpeggi and Jigsaw.

Correct. Nude and All I Need are good but they definitely fall behind those 5 in the pecking order 

As soon as Nude started I didn't think it sounded right and Thom's vocal in the first verse didn't help but the band seemed to grow into it and it sounded a lot better after the first chorus. Obviously Thoms vocals won't be what they were 10 years ago, and more, but he adapts his voice to the songs and it's something that Thom has to do and I think he's done it well. Come Glastonbury the set that they will have done will be nailed and we look back on it after as a momentous occasion. 

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Nude is a great song and all, but the best bit is that intro, which is sadly studio only. I'm not sure I'm that interested in hearing a song that begins with me knowing I've just missed the best part.

Not when it means losing some of their other greats.

I feel exactly the same. Although, the end of the song is pretty nice and I thought Thom nailed that at Coachella.

38 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

IMG_20170418_063111.jpg

The Tourist. Missing this by only doing one Manchester show is feeling like a risk. 

8 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

I remember having this on pretty frequent MP3 player rotation from the early 2000s onwards, the best version of the original Nude (or Big Ideas)...

Yep! It's all about the organ! I feel like Jonny could do with another instrument to play though, his nose is free

11 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

I remember having this on pretty frequent MP3 player rotation from the early 2000s onwards, the best version of the original Nude (or Big Ideas)...

I think it's all about which version you originally listened to a billion times. I always had the acoustic version from '98 on my iPod in the early 2000s. I thought it always worked best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7JR_RuZIvE

Edited by majormajormajor