Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

"The seminal chart-topping record, which spouted hits in Paranoid Android, Karma Police and No Surprises was released in the UK on 21 May 2017."

I've got my copy pre ordered. I hear it's a doozy. Apparently Electioneering is a banger.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

"The seminal chart-topping record, which spouted hits in Paranoid Android, Karma Police and No Surprises was released in the UK on 21 May 2017."

I've got my copy pre ordered. I hear it's a doozy.

Admit it, despite the questionable source, you're loving that article :lol:

I'm just living the gimmick now. There's zero chance of them playing Electioneering and The Tourist on the Pyramid stage :lol:

I can't comment on Airbag>Android as Scruffy will pounce on me ;)

It's gonna be Street Spirit or Karma Police. I think it'll be Street Spirit just because that's the done thing at Glastonbury, which Karma Police ending the main set or the first encore. 

18 minutes ago, reflekting said:

If this means Exit Music definitely bring played then it would be a huge bonus. 

But to counter this, if it means less Kid A/In Rainbows being played then fuck that - OK Computer has already had it's time to shine on the Pyramid. I'm all for the increased possibility of Let Down being included in the setlist, but I wouldn't want to see more than maybe 4/5 songs from it played.

Edited by FloorFiller

If there's any truth to the notion that their setlists will heavy on OKC, I reckon we'll get:

Airbag

Paranoid Android

Exit Music

Karma Police

No Surprises

Lucky

Edit: I would rather:

Airbag

Android

Let Down

Karma Police

Climbing up the Walls

Lucky

Edited by jparx

45 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Lucky was always the weakest song on OKC for me, mostly down to it seeming to be tagged on to the album after being recorded for the Warchild album. It sounds more like a demo compared to the rest of the tracks.

I was disappointed that Lucky was on OKC as I was hoping for an album of all new songs. I still quite like it but would rank near the bottom of the list.

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Lucky was always the weakest song on OKC for me, mostly down to it seeming to be tagged on to the album after being recorded for the Warchild album. It sounds more like a demo compared to the rest of the tracks.

I don't think they just rocked up never having rehearsed it before though. I reckon they pretty much knew *exactly* what they wanted to do with it when they turned up. 

51 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

I was disappointed that Lucky was on OKC as I was hoping for an album of all new songs. I still quite like it but would rank near the bottom of the list.

You can stay behind after class too. 

2 hours ago, Badlands said:

Was it not the opposite that happened.  The recording of it completely set the tone and direction of OKC and the band could easily have re-recorded it if they felt it wasn't up to the high standards of the rest of the album.

Your post makes it sounds like studio pressure forced them to tag it onto the album as it was a hit because of the Warchild album.