Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm not sure about Glastonbury but mate seems convinced that they're going to play OK Computer in full on this tour. 

Any reason or just a hunch? Would seem a very un-Radiohead thing to do, but then so did playing all of the fan favourites and they did that on the last leg. In theory it'd be a bit lame. In practice I'd be losing my shit like I never have before.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Any reason or just a hunch? Would seem a very un-Radiohead thing to do, but then so did playing all of the fan favourites and they did that on the last leg. In theory it'd be a bit lame. In practice I'd be losing my shit like I never have before.

Just based on its the 20th anniversary and trnsmt have made an emphasis about them playing an extended set

41 minutes ago, jparx said:

True. I'm probably underestimating how many die hards will be in the crowd. If, say, 20,000 of the fans that turn up to see them are as die hard as us it would be a ridonkulous show.

Especially if you consider that I only post on here because the likes of atease were too full on for me.  

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I do genuinely think there's a strong chance they open with Airbag>Paranoid Android.

Nah I don't see it, although outside of Burn the Witch (which I hope they will've abandoned as a set opener by then) I can't think of what they will open their set(s) with. They tended to switch between Bloom and Lotus Flower on TKOL tour so maybe another from the new album, although it being rather banger-lacking may be a problem. 

These would change daily but at the moment:

Creep, Fake Plastic Trees, Exit Music, How to Disappear Completely, Dollars & Cents, There There, Reckoner, Lotus Flower, Burn the Witch (with strings) or Ful Stop 

&

Karma Police, Paranoid Android, Exit Music, Lucky, Let Down, Airbag, Subterranean Homesick Alien, Climbing Up The Walls, No Surprises, The Tourist, Electioneering, Fitter Happier 

To be honest, they're foolish if they don't open with an absolute Radiohead belter. They'd be missing a massive opportunity to do so.

I mean, they opened with There There last time, it doesn't get much better than that. It needs to be something along those lines.

Edited by Stokesy10

4 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

To be honest, they're foolish if they don't open with an absolute Radiohead belter. They'd be missing a massive opportunity to do so.

I mean, they opened with There There last time, it doesn't get much better than that. I needs to be something along those lines.

There There was a single from the album they were currently promoting, so if they were to do the same this time it'd be... Burn the Witch, and unless they've sorted it out live then I'd rather they didn't. They definitely seem to open with a new album song 90% of the time so outside of just going all out and banging out Paranoid Android from the get-go, I'm expecting similar.

Not long until their tour starts anyway so that'll be a good indicator.

Edited by FloorFiller

If they beefed up the big chanting 'Broken hearts, make it rain' bit in Identikit live I think it'd be a ace opener (the lights + visuals going all mental during that bit), but as it is probably not as they haven't quite nailed that bit live with just the band members doing a weak interpretation of it (the chant - rest of the song is just fine live).

Burn the Witch is still very much the best option from that album if only they could just replicate the urgency of the studio version.

If they can do Burn the Witch justice, then it should definitely be the opener. If they are keeping it as is, something like Ful Stop, Airbag, Planet Telex or even Creep would be the way to go.

Or 15 Step obviously....

Edited by jparx

13 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye it's a pretty average Radiohead song. The "such a pretty house and such and pretty garden" bit is a good un though.

It was pretty low down in my list of fav RH songs for years up until recently, when I noticed something that I hadn't before, the backing where Thom can be heard singing "get/let me out of here", just added a whole new meaning to the song for me and now it is one of my favs from OKC, but they always interchange anyway