Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

If they open with 3 or more songs off the new album the atmosphere will never recover. I hope they go down the U2 route. Starting with something like karma police would do it.

But they will open with 3 or 4 off the new record.

Open with a banger, close with a banger and never be more than two songs away from a banger - that's the secret recipe for success.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Open with a banger, close with a banger and never be more than two songs away from a banger - that's the secret recipe for success.

Science.

Unfortunately they have nothing to prove and are no doubt enjoying performing the new stuff a hell of a lot more than the same old stuff they've been doing for years and years. As much as it is annoying for a fan, you can never really begrudge a band for wanting to showcase their latest work that they are no doubt dead proud of.

Unfortunately in this case it is all wrong for a festival setting. Now if this was the in rainbows tour things would be very different

If you look at the reception given to the Stones at IOW in 2007 compared to at the G in 2013, the former setlist brought out the deep cuts and the latter brought out the bangers – and I think it’s fair to say one got a middling reception whereas the other is widely regarded as a tour de force.

The start of the Reading '09 set - Creep, National Anthem, 15 Step - was the best start to any gig I've ever seen. 

Recent sets have been nothing like that, but I'm hoping they'll make an exception for Glastonbury, especially with it being 20 years since OK Computer - Paranoid Android to open the set would be incredible. Also hoping for Subterranean and Let Down somewhere in there, along with the obvious Karma Police.

I don't think they'll start with loads from AMSP, worst case scenario I think will be Burn The Witch and Ful Stop, which I'd be okay with.

In fairness, Burn the Witch is a banger (if they sort it out live) and has received a decent amount of airplay.

Again, the NOS Alive setlist was more or less ideal if you sort out the opening of the set. And to be fair, they didn't lose the crowd at that show even though they did open with 5 new songs. AND with Daydreaming as number 2! Now granted that was more of a Radiohead gig with a load of other bands underneath, but still.

FloorFiller's list on the previous page would be ideal for me in terms of a realistic one, the only song I can think of that they played semi-regularly last year that I'd really want to see included instead of one of those is Exit Music. Would love to see Videotape, All I Need or 15 Step in there but not expecting them at all.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see 15 Step from the pov that it's scientifically one of their least gloomy songs.

I love 15 Step (the first Radiohead song I got obsessed with) but there are several other IR songs that'll make the cut above it I think.

Although, as always, the more IR the better.

Edited by FloorFiller

My guess based on set lists last year

1. Burn the Witch 
2. Daydreaming
3. Decks Dark
4. Lucky 
5. My iron lung
6. Exit music (for a film)
7. Nude
8. Separator 
9. Ful Stop
10. The national anthem
11. Identikit 
12. The numbers
13. Lotus Flower
14. Everything in its right
15. Idioteque 
16. Just
17. Street spirit  (fade out)

Encore 1
18. There there
19. Present tense
20. Reckoner 
21. Paranoid android 
22. Karma police 

Encore 2

23. Let down 
24. Creep

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think the setlists will look very different to last summer. Especially with regards to the dispersion of AMSP material. 

I suspect you're right.  They're not going to be exactly touring the album any more.  I'd be surprised to see setlists in 2017 start as if they're playing the whole album.