Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

25 minutes ago, Waapster said:

So a couple of my mates who will be with me next June are "not sure" about seeing RH, largely because they don't know their music. They asked me to suggest five songs they should listen to.

I'm thinking:

1. Just

2. Nude

3. 2+2=5

4. Fake Plastic Trees

5. The Numbers

(6. Bonus track: Spectre)

Please improve my list!

No Surprises, Idioteque, There There, Weird Fishes / Arpeggi, Identikit. If you're going to introduce them to Just, make sure you emphasise how great of a set opener it would be, so they can suffer in perennial anticipation like the rest of us! 

1 hour ago, Waapster said:

So a couple of my mates who will be with me next June are "not sure" about seeing RH, largely because they don't know their music. They asked me to suggest five songs they should listen to.

I'm thinking:

1. Just

2. Nude

3. 2+2=5

4. Fake Plastic Trees

5. The Numbers

(6. Bonus track: Spectre)

Please improve my list!

Best way to improve the list is to tailor it to their tastes. What music are they in to?

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

So are you.

I was an accident so I'm not sure how much expectation there really was of me.

Edit: That just makes me being a shit let down even worse doesn't it.

When I first read your post I was trying to work out how on earth I'm a shit version of the song Let Down until it clicked.

Edited by Will-2609

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Best way to improve the list is to tailor it to their tastes. What music are they in to?

Good point. One is French and likes quite a wide range (sadly, including French pop/rock). The other has pretty mainstream tastes so last year saw Adele and Coldplay, Ronnie Spector. To be honest neither are likely to be hanging around on a forum like this - both like music but its all a little vanilla. I suspect they do know FPT, I thought it was a good example of an accessible song. I'd really like to sit them in front of a video of one of this years gigs but I know that won't happen.

8 minutes ago, Waapster said:

Good point. One is French and likes quite a wide range (sadly, including French pop/rock). The other has pretty mainstream tastes so last year saw Adele and Coldplay, Ronnie Spector. To be honest neither are likely to be hanging around on a forum like this - both like music but its all a little vanilla. I suspect they do know FPT, I thought it was a good example of an accessible song. I'd really like to sit them in front of a video of one of this years gigs but I know that won't happen.

OK, in that case go with the list you have, maybe something from In Rainbows.

To be honest, I suspect they might not enjoy the gig, which is fine. I really like the band's later material, but it's not for everyone in the way the older stuff was.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

OK, in that case go with the list you have, maybe something from In Rainbows.

To be honest, I suspect they might not enjoy the gig, which is fine. I really like the band's later material, but it's not for everyone in the way the older stuff was.

Yeah, me too. I seem to be one of the few people here who doesn't see a song from AMSP as a wasted opportunity. I'd like them to see it (and to like it) but maybe I should give them five challenging songs as more of a caution than an inducement. I still have my daughter to keep me company - she came to Amsterdam and will also do two nights in Manchester with me... but she missed the Roundhouse because it clashed with SWMRS. Young people eh?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a bit quiet here..

1. The Bends
2. The National Anthem
3. There There
4. Ful Stop
5. No Surprises
6. Pyramid Song
7. Myxomatosis
8. Lotus Flower
9. Identikit
10. The Numbers
11. Reckoner
12. Daydreaming
13. Just
14. How To Disappear Completely
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. Idioteque
17. Bodysnatchers

18. Let Down
19. Fake Plastic Trees
20. Present Tense
21. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
22. Paranoid Android

23. Creep
24. Karma Police

• Upvote 1

After seeing them in Berlin last year, am hoping they'll have some new additions to the tour as well as ones they didn't play in Berlin, perfect setlist for me  would include hearing knives out, motion picture soundtrack, A wolf at the door, We suck young blood 15 step, there there, exit music, pyramid song, daily mail, talk show host, the bends and Fake plastic trees