Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

25 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Two nights at Manchester will be a better experience than one night in Glasgow. Unless you've never seen them before Glasgow will likely be a festival style set full of songs most of which you'll have seen before (particularly if you will have just been to Glasto), whereas Manchester will be around 35 different songs across the two nights. 

But Manchester won't have #TapsAff

39 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Two nights at Manchester will be a better experience than one night in Glasgow. Unless you've never seen them before Glasgow will likely be a festival style set full of songs most of which you'll have seen before (particularly if you will have just been to Glasto), whereas Manchester will be around 35 different songs across the two nights. 

You're 100% right.  I realised this afternoon that I would have nothing to gain by going to Glasgow.  In fact, after Glasto where the vibe and sound will more than make up for any possible deficiency in view, it could really only be a let down.

Now, if The Cure end up playing one of the other nights (that is the rumour, right?) , I'm there with frickin' bells on.  I can totally justify blasting a hole in my bank account for that. ;)

On 27/11/2016 at 11:22 AM, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Yes. 

I'm also from Edinburgh with tickets to both nights in Manchester.  Which cleaned me out, obviously.  There aren't enough swear words in my vocabulary to express my views. 

I won't be going to Glasgow short of a lottery win.

Exactly the same. Will still be trying for Glasgow though.

4 times in 2 weeks might be a little bit overkill... but in the best possible regard. 

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

now that it's looking likely they'll do this Glasgow Green show (meaning that the Manchester shows aren't the final ones on the tour like a lot of places seemed to be reporting) do people think there may be more to come or is that the end of it for the UK now?

Would be shocked if radiohead didn't play London.

If that's the 3 UK dates plus Glastonbury it's pretty poor for a band of this size

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

now that it's looking likely they'll do this Glasgow Green show (meaning that the Manchester shows aren't the final ones on the tour like a lot of places seemed to be reporting) do people think there may be more to come or is that the end of it for the UK now?

Glasgow Green has seemingly just been agreed so I don't think it's part of a planned tour held back for whatever reason. It's just best accepted now that Radiohead aren't really gonna do conventional tours.

ooh it's been over a week. i was having listdrawals

Kid A
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The Bends
Hail to the Thief
A Moon Shaped Pool
Amnesiac
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

top three interchangeable depending on mood as per. been digging Hail to the Thief a lot more lately after a period of not giving it the time of day

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

been digging Hail to the Thief a lot more lately after a period of not giving it the time of day

This is where I am at the moment, loving it. Flirted with putting it fourth but, c'mon, AMSP is fucking great, HTTT is just really good 

1 minute ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

This is where I am at the moment, loving it. Flirted with putting it fourth but, c'mon, AMSP is fucking great, HTTT is just really good 

the stronger songs on HTTT far outshine the stronger songs on AMSP for me. cut out those couple of lesser songs and that album would be right up there. i love AMSP but with repeated listens i'm far less excited by it, whereas HTTT is going up and up

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

the stronger songs on HTTT far outshine the stronger songs on AMSP for me. cut out those couple of lesser songs and that album would be right up there. i love AMSP but with repeated listens i'm far less excited by it, whereas HTTT is going up and up

HTTT isn't a coherent ALBUM though, is it. 

Isnt that what's beautiful about 'the album' - as a concept, an idea, an artform? 

In that respect - the massive, great songs on HTTT aside - isn't that the point of the criticism it receives?

That and it's length. And the fact Thom dished out a revised track listing. 

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Isnt that what's beautiful about 'the album' - as a concept, an idea, an artform? 

In that respect - the massive, great songs on HTTT aside - isn't that the point of the criticism it receives?

well yeah this is why it could never climb to the upper reaches of any list i make, but even with it's few duds i still love it as an album, and to be fair, Burn the Witch is totally detached from the rest of AMSP so it's hard to say that album is cohesive either - i don't think any of us expected such a low key affair after hearing that initial urgent single

HTTT's messiness and overlong-ness are both it's triumphs and it's flaws. on the one hand, it could've been cut down to ten songs, but on the other, if Thom had it his way we wouldn't have heard A Punch Up at a Wedding :P 

9 hours ago, Woffy said:

I hear this a lot about the coherence and I understand it, mainly down to the length and sequencing, but I don't agree. HTTT has, more than any other record they've done, a singular mood. When I listen to that album, I feel transported unlike anything else they've done. In fact the very qualities that make it uneven are those that make listening to it feel like going on a journey. 

It's their best* album, far better than the lightweight In Rainbows ;)

* I might admit under duress that it's not their best, even if it is my favourite at the moment.