Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

anybody been watching Westworld? six episodes in and it's so far featured four Radiohead songs - piano versions of Karma Police, No Surprises and Fake Plastic Trees and in the latest episode an orchestral version of Motion Picture Soundtrack scores one of the big scenes. maybe i'm just noticing it more now but it seems over the past year or so their music has been used in a LOT of television shows (Peaky Blinders, Black Mirror and now Westworld)

The weekly game of "name that tune" is currently more interesting than the show. After a highly promising first couple of episodes it has gone nowhere since. Bogged down in attempts at setting up mysteries and Antony Hopkins telling long stories about his childhood.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

The weekly game of "name that tune" is currently more interesting than the show. After a highly promising first couple of episodes it has gone nowhere since. Bogged down in attempts at setting up mysteries and Antony Hopkins telling long stories about his childhood.

Yeah, definitely. I've already given up but that is a really cool element to the show.

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably lacks the element of surprise and danger compared to the actual dystopia that we're all now living in.

(I actually think it's getting better every week and has a tonne of stuff to say, politically and sociologically)

It does have interesting things to say, however my opinion is that it said all of them in the first couple of episodes and has just gone around in circles since. Will watch it through to the end of the series though, hate leaving things unfinished.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That's interesting because I found it slow and boring at the start, but the past few episodes have really sucked me in. Last episode in particular was superb!

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Still has too much filler. It has some one of the best RH tracks on it, but also some of the most forgettable.

Punchup is massively underrated though!

I quite like Punchup but it's still a bit of a plodder.

Where I End And You Begin has been rudely ignored by the band for too long and I really hope it makes the cut on the farm next year.

Edited by ericlered
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ericlered said:

I quite like Punchup but it's still a bit of a plodder.

Where I End And You Begin has been rudely ignored by the band for too long and I really hope it makes the cut on the farm next year.

Yes yes yes! If they don't play it the regret for not getting Manc tickets will be huge.

Has anyone seen it live before? They didn't do it on the Saturday Roundhouse night I went to

57 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

Yes yes yes! If they don't play it the regret for not getting Manc tickets will be huge.

Has anyone seen it live before? They didn't do it on the Saturday Roundhouse night I went to

WIEAYB is the only song left from my original 5 song wishlist, that I havent seen live yet. That From the Basement version is incredible. Glasto or Manc #1 please.

1 hour ago, Jobseeker said:

I've seen it 4 times apparently, but not since '06.  Yeah, it's due a return.

Excellent resource (though it's not been updated since '12): http://58hours.com/

1 minute ago, cdm22 said:

This is always handy too for stuff like that  http://www.setlist.fm/stats/radiohead-bd6bd12.html

i thought Where I End and You Begin had been played at one of this years shows, but according to that not since 2008. maybe it was another one that just got soundchecked but they never got round to playing

19 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i thought Where I End and You Begin had been played at one of this years shows, but according to that not since 2008. maybe it was another one that just got soundchecked but they never got round to playing

they did at least in Lyon - my video here :) 

I recorded a few bits and bobs from up on the hill, we also got a full fake plastic trees!

19 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I they played that I'd be the happiest person in the Pyramid field, its my fave Radiohead song, but yeah its played so rarely these days It's very unlikely 

Thought I'd give a go at my first realistic-ish setlist dream:

1. The Bends
2. There There
3. The National Anthem
4. No Surprises
5. The Numbers
6. 2+2=5
7. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
8. Present Tense
9. Lotus Flower
10. Lucky
11. Knives Out
12. Reckoner
13. Myxomatosis
14. Paranoid Android
15. Nude
16. True Love Waits
17. Everything In Its Right Place
18. Idioteque

19. Just
20. Let Down
21. How To Disappear Completely 
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

23. Fake Plastic Trees
24. Creep
25. Karma Police

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2016 at 0:56 PM, shuttlep said:

Anyone watching WestWorld On Sky?

the Radiohead tunes they have playing on the saloon piano sound very haunting, I need to find that version

Only watched the first couple so far. Noticed that - the Soundgarden one as well, both were pretty well done to suit the program.

13 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Thought I'd give a go at my first realistic-ish setlist dream:

1. The Bends
2. There There
3. The National Anthem
4. No Surprises
5. The Numbers
6. 2+2=5
7. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
8. Present Tense
9. Lotus Flower
10. Lucky