Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

45 minutes ago, russycarps said:

anyone else think buckley is the most dreadfully overrated ratbag of the last 25 years?

Ratbag seems a tad harsh! Unless there's things I didn't know about the Buckmeister that put him on your c*ntlist Russy? :lol:

Overrated however - quite possibly.  Never quite got how he ended up being so highly regarded.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

anyone else think buckley is the most dreadfully overrated ratbag of the last 25 years?

Yes! I don't get what the fuss is about him at all and never have. I found him annoying in interviews, annoying on stage and his music cack. He owes his career to being one of those people that mtv marketed to market themselves. 

I am always open to the fact I may have just somehow missed some superb music he actually made (in which case feel free to direct me to it), but I just don't get it. 

• Upvote 1

Can't say I'm president of the Jeff Buckley fan club by any means. I don't really have a strong enough opinion to label him the most overrated act of the past 25 years though. In fact I forgot he was even a thing until he was brought up in this thread :lol:

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yes! I don't get what the fuss is about him at all and never have. I found him annoying in interviews, annoying on stage and his music cack. He owes his career to being one of those people that mtv marketed to market themselves. 

I am always open to the fact I may have just somehow missed some superb music he actually made (in which case feel free to direct me to it), but I just don't get it. 

Spot on. He was a marketing mans dream. If he'd been ugly he'd never have released a single note.

His arrangement of hallelujah was ripped off from someone else too

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Spot on. He was a marketing mans dream. If he'd been ugly he'd never have released a single note.

His arrangement of hallelujah was ripped off from someone else too

Was it?  Who did it that style first?  I'd always thought of the way most people do the song these days as Buckley style.  

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it?  Who did it that style first?  I'd always thought of the way most people do the song these days as Buckley style.  

John cale, on the "i'm your fan" covers album

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Your_Fan

BTW, that album is horrific

Edited by russycarps

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You learn something every day.  Everyone is doing it John Cale style now.  Thanks for that :)

John cale is fantastic live- saw him at the park in 2008 I think,  no one talked about it but I thought it was great

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yeah foos were scheduled to have two and half hours but I dont remember anyone else getting that. Normal is 1.75 with the odd exception getting two I think. 

That's a good point actually. Maybe Radiohead will get 2 1/2 hours after all. 28 or so songs would be too good for mere humans to experience.

58 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They had 2h20 in Berlin and played their usual length 24 song setlist.

That's weird. They played for 2h05 in Lisbon and it was the same length. Maybe they did some longer songs in Berlin, or took longer in between songs?