Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Chances of them throwing some songs they rarely play/haven't played in a while? E.g.

A Punchup at a Wedding

Planet Telex

The Bends

Sail to the Moon

We Suck Young Blood

Listening to some of the live renditions of 'A Punchup at a Wedding' recently and they are magnificent.

Just now, RDH92 said:

Chances of them throwing some songs they rarely play/haven't played in a while? E.g.

A Punchup at a Wedding

Planet Telex

The Bends

Sail to the Moon

We Suck Young Blood

Listening to some of the live renditions of 'A Punchup at a Wedding' recently and they are magnificent.

Planet Telex and The Bends are the most likely from those you've listed (although still not that likely). can't see any of those three HTTT tracks being played though. i don't think any of em have been played since the HTTT tour, and they aren't exactly big fan favourites (although Punchup is one of my favourites from HTTT - hugely underrated) 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Planet Telex and The Bends are the most likely from those you've listed (although still not that likely). can't see any of those three HTTT tracks being played though. i don't think any of em have been played since the HTTT tour, and they aren't exactly big fan favourites (although Punchup is one of my favourites from HTTT - hugely underrated) 

oi I love sail to the moon!

8 hours ago, russycarps said:

I listened to pablo honey on the way home yesterday - it's still gash. 3/10

I listened to the bends on the way in today - it's much better than I remembered. 7/10

OK computer tonight. Exciting times!

Just finished OK Computer. I can confirm it's still fucking glorious.

One of those albums that, for me at least, still gets better with every listen.

I may treat myself tonight with a party cigarette and a glass of something nice once Mrs Q has gone to bed and just stretch out on the sofa and give Kid A a proper good listen

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Particularly this live version.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Just finished OK Computer. I can confirm it's still fucking glorious.

One of those albums that, for me at least, still gets better with every listen.

I may treat myself tonight with a party cigarette and a glass of something nice once Mrs Q has gone to bed and just stretch out on the sofa and give Kid A a proper good listen

I started off with Pablo Honey today. I really enjoyed Thinking About You and I Can't. I don't think its actually that bad, its just nothing special at all, especially compared to Radiohead's other albums.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Serious question: can radiohead do happy?

Cos I quite fancy seeing them, but I don't want to bring my Friday night down.

I'm not encouraged by what the radio's been subjecting me to.

I don't you'll be won over, Neil. 

But you could try Radiodread as an alternative. 

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've not seen them live before, but I get the feeling that happy is maybe not the right word.  I expect (hope?) to come away on a massive emotional high, but I don't see that the same as being happy.

One of my mates commented "Cheery!" when I said Radiohead were confirmed, but my reponse was (and remains) fuck cheery, I've got the rest of the festival to be cheery!

The Radiohead back catalogue journey continues, OK Computer today, what an album (I mean we all know this but worth saying again). Solid 9/10. Having fun listening to the albums in order and seeing their development as a band. 

Anyway, from OKC I'll take the following at Glasto... 

Airbag

Paranoid Android

Subterranean Homesick Alien

Exit Music (For A Film)

Let Down

Karma Police

No Surprises

Lucky

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say In Rainbows is their happiest album. 15 Step, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, and Jigsaw Falling into Place are some of their happier songs. And Separator off King of Limbs.

You'll hate them all of course!

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think they are more upbeat live myself. same songs though, so if you dont like them on record...

I saw Easy Star All Stars do 'Let Down' at the Park one year. At that point it seemed like the closest I was going to get to hearing it live.  I really enjoyed their set.

I don't imagine we can convert you, Neil, but at least if you force yourself to watch Radiohead you can berate us for a few years after with the benefit of experience. :D

• Upvote 1