Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

There's a S American promoter on atease who said this:

they make us promoters work A LOT on our routings and venue proposals, way in advance. so there's a lot of planning done ahead and it's just a matter of them pulling the trigger and deciding. that's why you'll get promoters all over the world claiming they're "90% close" to getting a deal with radiohead, but in the end it might just not happen at all.

So they probably had it lined up for a while but might not have made the final decision until not that long ago.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

this quote can definitely be mulled over some more now that the Roses are out. Radiohead one repeat. Sheeran new. second repeat ??

Yes. I think I'd want Macca above all, would also love the Stones, Shakey, Springsteen, Waters, The Cure and then reunions after that. Don't see it being any of those though sadly.

So happy. Radiohead are My band since a teen. Followed them on the early days of the Web (atease) and went to the kid a tour as a 15 year old. Been to Glastonbury in 2004 2013 2015 and 2016 and hoped that radiohead would headline (sacrificed radiohead secret set for morrissey in 2013). So happy 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

this quote can definitely be mulled over some more now that the Roses are out. Radiohead one repeat. Sheeran new. second repeat ??

Well, let's see... Discount Bowie, Travis, The Chemical Brothers, Coldplay, REM, Moby, Muse, Oasis, The White Stripes, Basement Jaxx, The Who, The Verve, Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian, Florence, Kanye and Adele.

Which leaves Sir Rod, Stereophonics, Macca, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Jay-Z, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Blur, Gorillaz, Stevie Wonder, U2, Beyonce, The Rolling Stones and Mumford. Oh, and The Cure possibly too.

Seventeen acts, one spot. Ladies, gentlemen, punters and associated members, start your engines.

2 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Well, let's see... Discount Bowie, Travis, The Chemical Brothers, Coldplay, REM, Moby, Muse, Oasis, The White Stripes, Basement Jaxx, The Who, The Verve, Arcade Fire, Metallica, Kasabian, Florence, Kanye and Adele.

Which leaves Sir Rod, Stereophonics, Macca, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Jay-Z, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Blur, Gorillaz, Stevie Wonder, U2, Beyonce, The Rolling Stones and Mumford. Oh, and The Cure possibly too.

Seventeen acts, one spot. Ladies, gentlemen, punters and associated members, start your engines.

why the hell did you not discount Stereophonics!? :lol:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Waapster said:

Yuh, that's what I see every time I read it...

:P Nah it's old Neil Young.

6 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Here you go. That was an easy one.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

why the hell did you not discount Stereophonics!? :lol:

IOW booked 'em last year and first week sales of Keep the Village alive look likely to be similar to Kings of Leon 's latest. 

But now you mention it, why didn't I?! :lol:

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

:P Nah it's old Neil Young.

Here you go. That was an easy one.

Just now, dentalplan said:

8 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Just not sure we can place the Cure anywhere these days. Probably not big enough to headline anymore, but wouldn't do anything less either. Shame as I would've loved to see them at Glasto. 

If you booked another heavyweight to back up Radiohead and stuck a strong Other Stage headliner (pop or dance) on to balance, I wouldn't see an issue. That back catalogue is absolutely staggering and they're pretty ingrained into legend in Worthy Farm history.

Went down a storm to 40,000 punters at bestival this year, I could see them repeating success at Glastonbury.

But I take your point. They're a proper heritage band in that sense - and not of the global size of The Rolling Stones or The Who.

20 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Facebooks' reaction to the booking has been a damn-right insult to Radiohead and the festival! You think Radiohead are boring. Take a look at yourself.

Yeah but Facebook is full of the general public and everyone knows they're all c**ts.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Facebooks' reaction to the booking has been a damn-right insult to Radiohead and the festival! You think Radiohead are boring. Take a look at yourself.

We've all known the Facebook comments are a haven for charlatans, dilettantes, the misguided and the incurably thick for quite some time now.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Spent much of my awkward teenage years obsessed by Radiohead and OK Computer. Remember the furore that greeted Kid A's release, as if they had just made an avant garde record consisting solely of Thom deficating into a bassoon. Sounds like Pet Sounds these days when compared to King of Limbs and AMSP, and is my second favourite album after OKC.

Looking forward to their set. Haven't seen them since 2008. Do they still play The National Anthem? And Pearly, however unlikely, would be amazing.

Back with another setlist. Not necessarily my ideal set, just one that I think would be great but also possible.

1. The Bends
2. The National Anthem
3. Daydreaming
4. Ful Stop
5. No Surprises
6. Lotus Flower
7. My Iron Lung
8. Desert Island Disk
9. Pyramid Song
10. Myxomatosis
11. Identikit
12. The Numbers