Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Just now, Quark said:

I gots this!

Had the bends on in the car on the way back from work, took a detour so I got the finish of Black Star, Sulk and Street Spirit before I got home. Black Star was is and shall be a stone cold gorgeous bit of music.

Literally listened to the whole of Bends on my way back from work. Amazing. I suspect a lot of us whacked the old Radiohead on during the journey home. Black Star blew me away first time I heard it. Love the harmony in the last verse. Don't think there's much chance of hearing it in June though!

Not totally sure on the order and I'm still not sure how the AMSP tracks compare but I feel like Decks Dark should be in there somewhere...

1. Let Down

2. The Bends

3. How to Disappear Completely

4. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

5. 2+2=5

6. Reckoner

7. Nude

8. Fake Plastic Trees

9. Paranoid Android

10. A Wolf at the Door/The Daily Mail/Everything in its Right Place/Jigsaw Falling Into Place

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Literally listened to the whole of Bends on my way back from work. Amazing. I suspect a lot of us whacked the old Radiohead on during the journey home. Black Star blew me away first time I heard it. Love the harmony in the last verse. Don't think there's much chance of hearing it in June though!

Dont say that! In fact just had the vision of a field singing along to that one and had a right old moment!

OK Computer later...

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm not anti radiohead. I'll probably watch them. I may even buy in rainbows and OK computer before the festival so I know some songs.  I know more song titles by them whilst not knowing how the song goes by them than any other band. All down to you guys. 

I've never knowingly heard the national anthem, punch up at a wedding, two plus two equals five (yeah I stylised it wrong) reckoner etc. 

I bought a second hand CD of the bends about five years ago. Have listened a couple of times. 

And I post in here a lot cos I read it and it helps pass the time at work. 

It's alright I wasn't having a go! Just was funny that's all. Yeah if we manage to awake the sleeping Radiohead giant that lurks inside every non fan then this will all have been worth it! 

If you look at it from their POV it kind of makes sense to announce this early. They were already heavily rumoured to be headlining so then if they go and announce tour dates with a big glasto shaped hole in them that pretty much confirms it anyway so why not just do an official announcement. The festival is already sold out so it makes no difference to them.

30 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Cos radio head uber fans are psychos. 

Literally sat in basements surrounded by severed heads while how to disappear completely is on repeat. 

Technically it's Everything In Its Right Place while stacking body parts in different cupboards.

Thumbs go in the thumb drawer, can't have a toe in there that would spoil it and make Thom angry and we don't want Thom to be angry oh no no :crazy:

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Technically it's Everything In Its Right Place while stacking body parts in different cupboards.

Thumbs go in the thumb drawer, can't have a toe in there that would spoil it and make Thom angry and we don't want Thom to be angry oh no no :crazy:

All out of upvotes :rofl:

9 hours ago, Greenelk said:

I liked The National on record, but hadn't been sure about them live when I caught a bit of their set a few years back.  Then we watched them at Latitude last year, and everyone in our group was blown away by them, including my missus, who doesn't like them on record.  Then we made the stupid mistake of going to watch Soulwax halfway through, who had always been brilliant live in the past, and were utter cack this time

I made an effort to listen to them purely for Latitude, thought they were alright, then wwnt to the Latitude show and was treated to one of the best festival sets that I've seen. Glad to hear Soulwax were shite because it pained me to miss them.

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

It translates really well live. He must have gone temporarily deaf during that song:D

Dude, it's hit and miss. Jonny is my guitar idol, but he can really fluff up that intro. And towards the end of the song they struggle to keep up with the pace of it.

Not saying this is always the case, but it was when I saw them this summer and on a fair few live videos.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Although they've taken care of most of the lesser played fan favourites already on this tour, surely they're saving something special to be debuted at Glastonbury? Is there anything left (within reason - aka not something nobody gives a shit about)

The hour and a half version of creep?

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although they've taken care of most of the lesser played fan favourites already on this tour, surely they're saving something special to be debuted at Glastonbury? Is there anything left (within reason - aka not something nobody gives a shit about)

Only song that springs to mind would be Just

Just

Bones

True Love Waits (acoustic)

...?

Pretty much all their tour debuts have been at their own shows. But they'll likely play some of their own shows Europe and Stateside before so we might get something new from that.

Just is a big one they haven't played.

Others that haven't got an airing include Where I End and You Begin, I Might be Wrong, Wolf at the Door, Morning Bell, The Tourist...