Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

What incredible news and so early on, and such a cool way to announce it. Also very cool that Glastonbury themselves get to be the first ones to announce any Radiohead tour news, which Radiohead fans all around the world are anxiously waiting to hear about. Bet you Radiohead requested the Friday night so they can get the job done and let loose the rest of the weekend...

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

UK/European tour in late May/June leading up to the big G I'm guessing. 

Probably a good call.

It'll be nice not to have to try and be disappointed for gig tickets this time - couldn't get near the Roundhouse and couldn't really justify the cost even if I had... Also nice to not be in the position I was in for 2014 when I felt I had to buy tickets for Arcade Fire at Earls Court just in case I didn't get resale tickets. I got both in the end, but felt it would somehow jinx it to not try for the gig. 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Probably a good call.

It'll be nice not to have to try and be disappointed for gig tickets this time - couldn't get near the Roundhouse and couldn't really justify the cost even if I had... Also nice to not be in the position I was in for 2014 when I felt I had to buy tickets for Arcade Fire at Earls Court just in case I didn't get resale tickets. I got both in the end, but felt it would somehow jinx it to not try for the gig. 

I have a mates stag do and his wedding. Both abroad in feb and late may. I will need to save as much as I can. I doubt I will afford a big gig that I haven't already paid for until Glastonbury.

Todays confirmation makes things very very good on the Radiohead front.  No need to worry missing them now.

1 minute ago, jparx said:
  1. Reckoner
  2. Let Down
  3. Nude
  4. Weird Fishes
  5. Pyramid Song
  6. Idioteque
  7. True Love Waits
  8. There There
  9. Myxomatosis
  10. Karma Police

Top 10 tracks init. 

Add:

Airbag

2+2=5 (how on earth is that not on your list)

Optimistic (Or this!!!)

Black Star (might be alone there...)

4 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Add:

Airbag

2+2=5 (how on earth is that not on your list)

Optimistic (Or this!!!)

Black Star (might be alone there...)

I like 2+2=5 a lot, but I don't think it translates well live. It was really disappointing at NOS Alive and it's slipped down my list a bit as a result!

Edited by jparx

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I like 2+2=5 a lot, but I don't think it translates well live. It was really disappointing at NOS Alive and it's slipped down my list a bit as a result!

Oh man. Why would you say that :( I hope this isn't the case at Glasto, if the play it of course. I'm worried now. 

26 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Playing Opener festival in Poland so this is probably why glastonbury announced today. 

We will see a few dates announced in next 2 weeks 

Not really a surprise but the Open'er chief confirmed they'd play for 2.5 hours so will expect the same at Glastonbury. Wipes out the top two on every stage (three on Park) so they best be good!

Top 10 songs they should play live more often (based on this tour)

1. How to Disappear Completely - was amazing in Amsterdam, heard it's one of Thom's favourites, why don't they play it more?

2. A Wolf at the Door

3. Morning Bell

4. I Might be Wrong

5. Airbag

6. Staircase

7. 15 Step

8. Sail to the Moon

9. Knives Out

10. Packt 

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Unreal tune. Knew I could rely on you Quarkage. 

I gots this!

Had the bends on in the car on the way back from work, took a detour so I got the finish of Black Star, Sulk and Street Spirit before I got home. Black Star was is and shall be a stone cold gorgeous bit of music.

• Upvote 1