Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

I read on the Werchter bit on Festileaks someone mention that a tour was being announced in late October but it was worded like it was an existing rumour that was being referenced. I'd not heard anything about it anyway. Would be well timed; before they start getting announced for every festival while Glasto takes its time.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I read on the Werchter bit on Festileaks someone mention that a tour was being announced in late October but it was worded like it was an existing rumour that was being referenced. I'd not heard anything about it anyway. Would be well timed; before they start getting announced for every festival while Glasto takes its time.

We haven't had a super early headliner announcement for a years...we're due right?! :P

2 hours ago, jparx said:

We haven't had a super early headliner announcement for a years...we're due right?! :P

Well I don't imagine they'd announce Glastonbury at the same time... but they can if they want. :D It'd be most welcome if the UK tour is some two-nights-O2 bullshit.

It was apparently on Atease this stuff about the tour being announced in the second half of October btw if anyone has access to that.

• Upvote 1

When these tour dates come out there will almost certainly be the proverbial 'Glastonbury shaped hole' since its unlikely they will do a 100+ date tour. The only possible indication of a headline appearance, at this stage, would be UK tour dates within a week or so of the festival. If they are in a different continent of the week of the festival we can almost rule it out entirely.

The AMSP tour should imaginably journey through indoor venues over the winter months rather than outdoor parks over the summer so the months around Glastonbury should remain fairly free, I expect. But shit, I'm not looking for indication of them playing Glasto from them, I'm looking for indication of them playing the North of England. :P

Edited by dentalplan

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The AMSP tour should imaginably journey through indoor venues over the winter months rather than outdoor parks over the summer so the months around Glastonbury should remain fairly free, I expect. But shit, I'm not looking for indication of them playing Glasto from them, I'm looking for indication of them playing the North of England. :P

I was more thinking they would do a couple of big outdoor UK shows like when they did the Old Trafford cricket ground, but thinking more about it I guess your right - it'll likely be indoor venues.

I think I'd rather outdoor shows than arenas personally. Don't really like either, but outdoor shows would be the lesser of two evils. I'd be surprised if they played smaller shows than arenas given the success of the album, although there's every chance I will be wrong!