Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

i suspect you and i are on opposite ends of this scale then.  i even know stuartbert two hats in person but he's long since given up on me where Radiohead are concerned.

Haha! I'm gonna guess then that all these 'Daft Punk will be massive at Glastonbury' people hang out with you? Cos I never hear people mention them!

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's only because I thought you were converted now and it was a done deal!

they're fine.  good band.  but never have i felt the urge to make a list!

3 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Haha! I'm gonna guess then that all these 'Daft Punk will be massive at Glastonbury' people hang out with you? Cos I never hear people mention them!

quite possibly yeah!

1 hour ago, Little Andy said:

Obviously the people I know in life isn't necessarily a fair representation of the UK, but, I honestly don't know of any band who I hear get universally discussed by so many people in different parts of my life. I would expect Radiohead playing to be as big as it gets.

Yeah among people I know Radiohead would probably be bigger news than most headliners. Almost everyone who asked me who was headlining last year was very unimpressed with the trio, aside from some who'd say Muse will be alright, but Radiohead would definitely be more impressive to most of them.

I keep being surprised at how popular Radiohead seem to be around me at the moment. When I got tickets for the Roundhouse this year loads of people at uni were asking me about it, which I don't recall being the case for anyone else I went to see.

A few days ago I was at at open day in York and there was a student radio stand outside playing music all day and whilst I was sat in a talk I heard them blasting Burn the Witch, which felt weird (although they also played a one-two of Dance Yrself Clean into All My Friends by LCD Soundsystem  long after so maybe they just had good taste).

Daft Punk would also be a big deal. Ed Sheeran wouldn't (I can't actually think of anyone I know who likes/listens to him; I feel like his audience is mostly teenagers and middle aged people). Stone Roses probably average.

Since AMSP came out, I hear a helluva lot more general Radiohead chat among friends/Co workers etc. They were always a big deal, but they seem to have increased in popularity over the last 6 - 9 months. It feels as though Burn the Witch and Identikit are being played everywhere at the minute!

On 17/09/2016 at 10:45 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd rather Pearl Jam played. That's how much of a waste of a good headline slot repeating the 2003 or 1997 set would be. Criminally bad idea.

lol it was just an idea that popped into my head old son lol ...bad idea i agree criminally bad i dont think so lol

yea 2003 imo didnt have that ............................................................feeling maybe it was just me being to fucked on cider instead of all pilled up and with it more ...i would rather pearl jam play ANY time over any band but i fear this will never happen i also dont think radiohead will play a headline slot for a few more years BUT saying all that wtf do i know lol

REM and DOVES did it for me that year ...

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

lol it was just an idea that popped into my head old son lol ...bad idea i agree criminally bad i dont think so lol

yea 2003 imo didnt have that ............................................................feeling maybe it was just me being to fucked on cider instead of all pilled up and with it more ...i would rather pearl jam play ANY time over any band but i fear this will never happen i also dont think radiohead will play a headline slot for a few more years BUT saying all that wtf do i know lol

REM and DOVES did it for me that year ...

"Criminally bad" might have been a teensy bit over the top old son ;)

On 9/19/2016 at 1:55 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

That putting the album on sale for whatever people wanted to pay was "devaluing music."

A person who thinks that the value of music is decided by how much money you can make from it, and yet everybody's always banging on about how she "really gets the glasto vibe yah".

Also -

Karma Police is some way down my list of top RH tracks, but I've been listening to it a lot recently and watching clips of them closing festivals with it. The thought of Radiohead potentially headlining Sunday and ending with Karma Police gives me goosebumps. I can see the majority of the Pyramid field just staying put after they have finishes for an extended sing along.

• Upvote 1

On 20/09/2016 at 4:35 PM, Will-2609 said:

Daft Punk would also be a big deal. Ed Sheeran wouldn't (I can't actually think of anyone I know who likes/listens to him; I feel like his audience is mostly teenagers and middle aged people). Stone Roses probably average.

Dichotomous ageism.  Impressive, most impressive. 

6 hours ago, jparx said:

Also -

Karma Police is some way down my list of top RH tracks, but I've been listening to it a lot recently and watching clips of them closing festivals with it. The thought of Radiohead potentially headlining Sunday and ending with Karma Police gives me goosebumps. I can see the majority of the Pyramid field just staying put after they have finishes for an extended sing along.

Nah if the weather is bad thousands will have scooted off home early .  The rest will rush to the bars or the loo's .  And if any of the groups in the Pyramid Field are like ours there will be lots of arguing where to head for next !