Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think "for the lolz" is less something kids would say and more something a supply teacher would say to connect with the class. :lol:

9 hours ago, Chawk said:

Can confirm this, I'm 9 and almost exclusively do things for banter rather than lolz.

Holy hell.  Even when I'm dicking about I still can't get cool right! :(

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Shoddy journalism.  It was Ed who buggered off to Brazil, ate loads of mushies and had some sort of shamanic vision. 

5 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Shoddy journalism.  It was Ed who buggered off to Brazil, ate loads of mushies and had some sort of shamanic vision. 

Is that what turned him into a frightening Richard Madeley lookalike in the NOS footage on YouTube?

8 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well no fecker told me! 

Haven't been able to sit down for over a month!

MWHA HA HA! I knew my Philipa mask had you fooled!

When I reached round the front, Scruff, it was like I'd gone all the way through. 

I've finally got round to listening to The King Of Limbs a few times, the only Radiohead album I don't know well. It's really not that bad, I was expecting it to be really dull! After a few listens, I absolutely love Lotus Flower, and the album finishes rather strongly too. Feral gets a bit boring though.

Edit : Actually, Give Up The Ghost starts so beautifully but gets a little repetitive. 

Edited by Little Andy

On 15/08/2016 at 11:05 AM, Will-2609 said:

David Byrne could headline WH on his own, couldn't he? No way could I see Talking Heads on there.

Size-wise I'd probably say Other headline? but I don't think they'd take it. If they ever reform it'll be headline slots only, I'd expect.

Don't think they'll ever reform anyway so probably all irrelevant.

David's headlined that stage in the past, and i know is in the mind of the booker - tho I think his price nowadays might be outside of the stage budgets. I know Michael is a fan.

If TH reformed, they'd headline the Pyramid. Outside of The Smiths they're the world's most-wanted reform - which is probably why we're now getting fake stories of them reforming. It sounds like a reform nowadays is theoretically possible - it wouldn't have been 20 years ago - but essentially comes down to whether David is interested or not, and it appears not at the moment.
(I have a little bit of inside track info from Chris & Tina in a round-about way).

It's been quite a few years now since Byrne released something of 'his own' music (rather than 'a project piece'), so I'm hoping there might just perhaps be a new album and tour next year, tho the year after is probably more likely.

Talking Heads numbers used to be almost absent from Byrne's sets, but there can be plenty of them now and I've read interviews where he's spoken about just how much he's enjoyed revisiting them.

Here's the raved-up version of 'I Zimbra' that Byrne did when he headlined Jazzworld in '98 (the vid is not from Glasto) - which sounded shockingly superb at the time (so much so that I saw him 3 times on that tour), tho does sound dated today.

On 12/08/2016 at 6:53 PM, dentalplan said:

Do you really class TKOL alongside Pablo Honey as an album that should be banished from memory? It's below par for Radiohead but still a decent record.

Pablo Honey has more good songs on it than KOL hands down.

I still remember how huuuuge Yes sounded on the pyramid in 1997.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

David's headlined that stage in the past, and i know is in the mind of the booker - tho I think his price nowadays might be outside of the stage budgets. I know Michael is a fan.

If TH reformed, they'd headline the Pyramid. Outside of The Smiths they're the world's most-wanted reform - which is probably why we're now getting fake stories of them reforming. It sounds like a reform nowadays is theoretically possible - it wouldn't have been 20 years ago - but essentially comes down to whether David is interested or not, and it appears not at the moment.
(I have a little bit of inside track info from Chris & Tina in a round-about way).

It's been quite a few years now since Byrne released something of 'his own' music (rather than 'a project piece'), so I'm hoping there might just perhaps be a new album and tour next year, tho the year after is probably more likely.

Talking Heads numbers used to be almost absent from Byrne's sets, but there can be plenty of them now and I've read interviews where he's spoken about just how much he's enjoyed revisiting them.

Here's the raved-up version of 'I Zimbra' that Byrne did when he headlined Jazzworld in '98 (the vid is not from Glasto) - which sounded shockingly superb at the time (so much so that I saw him 3 times on that tour), tho does sound dated today.

If they did, it would be an incredibly small crowd by Pyramid standards. Despite their musical legacy, I don't think they're that big of a draw in this country. I know you're a big fan, but CBA you really see them packing out that field?

You might be right to say that they'll have enough offers to not accept any lower than the Pyramid, but that's not the same thing as actually getting the offer.