Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

16 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That Lollapalooza set is out of this world. All I would ask is that Reckoner was in instead of Nude and it would pretty much be my perfect set.

EDIT:

Taking out Bloom, Gloaming and Nude and replacing with National Anthem, 15 Step and Reckoner and THIS would be my perfect (realistic) set;

Burn the Witch
Daydreaming
Ful Stop
2 + 2 = 5
Myxomatosis
My Iron Lung
Climbing Up the Walls
No Surprises
Pyramid Song
The National Anthem
Identikit
The Numbers
15 Step
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Everything in Its Right Place
Idioteque
There There

Encore 1:
Let Down
Present Tense
Paranoid Android
Reckoner
Bodysnatchers

Encore 2:
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Karma Police

Nude was actually the highlight of the set when we saw them at NOS! 

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Nude was actually the highlight of the set when we saw them at NOS! 

Don't dislike Nude by any means, but Reckoner is my fav, and it seems fair to have another In Rainbows track made way for it.

Weird Fishes is going nowhere. 

Considering how their setlist's have been at their festival shows, if they did play Glastonbury next year I reckon they'd make it really special. Came up with my ideal Radiohead Glastonbury 2017 setlist, that I could also see as being kinda feasible and not overly ridiculous.

Lucky
The National Anthem (with 'Hunting Bears' outro)
15 Step
Planet Telex
Daydreaming
Ful Stop
No Surprises
Lotus Flower
Identikit
Burn The Witch (with strings)
Pyramid Song (with strings)
Spectre (with strings)
Fake Plastic Trees (with strings)
Street Spirit (Fade Out) (with strings)
There There
Everything In Its Right Place
Idioteque

Just
Reckoner
Present Tense
Bodysnatchers
Paranoid Android

Creep
Karma Police

3 hours ago, dylangraham said:

Considering how their setlist's have been at their festival shows, if they did play Glastonbury next year I reckon they'd make it really special. Came up with my ideal Radiohead Glastonbury 2017 setlist, that I could also see as being kinda feasible and not overly ridiculous.

Lucky
The National Anthem (with 'Hunting Bears' outro)
15 Step
Planet Telex
Daydreaming
Ful Stop
No Surprises
Lotus Flower
Identikit
Burn The Witch (with strings)
Pyramid Song (with strings)
Spectre (with strings)
Fake Plastic Trees (with strings)
Street Spirit (Fade Out) (with strings)
There There
Everything In Its Right Place
Idioteque

Just
Reckoner
Present Tense
Bodysnatchers
Paranoid Android

Creep
Karma Police

Where's Let Down, though?

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Where's Let Down, though?

Aye! What he said. I'd suggest Let Down is the unofficial anthem of the eFests Radiohead supporters club*, now we've got it you can't take it away.

*except of course for @stuartbert two hats, in which case it's How To Disappear Completely, and we all sympathise with him about it's lack of appearance.

55 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For me, you can't do Let Down justice live unless you put two Thom Yorkes on stage for the vocals in that bit. Short of a major breakthrough in cloning technology that's not going to happen.  So HTDC wins.

Videos of Let Down look great, but there are a couple of ways they could get round that bit:

1. Ed could do the backing vocals - they've been pretty strong this tour

2. Not sure how possible it'd be, but Jonny could double track the vocals by either sampling Thom's line from an earlier verse, or if he sings it before the song starts. They do a similar trick with GUTG, though that is a simpler song, there's a bit in the live Let Down videos where Jonny isn't doing much...

Are Radiohead still headliner material? I know they're big, and I know I don't speak for the general populace or even this forum, but hasn't their popularity declined?

I dunno, I guess I'm just thinking of their career comparatively. My favourite band are Manic Street Preachers and I think it's fair to say that their peaks and declines in critical and commercial popularity have been fairly closely mirrored and they've both got their hardcore fan bases. Maybe the difference is that with Manic Street Preachers is that while Radiohead have done three albums in the last ten years, Manic Street Preachers have done five and toured much more frequently. Leaving it as long as they have been between albums, it can be good, it can be bad... Can give people chance to miss em, can give people chance to lose interest..