In Rainbows
OK Computer
Kid A
A Moon Shaped Pool
The Bends
Amnesiac
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

I always find myself incredibly harsh on The Bends... It just doesn't quite do it for me as an album now days in the same way as the 00s stuff does. Also a special mention to You and Whose Army as a track, if every song on Amnesiac was of that quality it would be #1 without a doubt

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Bloody hell, I thought I was rating AMSP high by having it fourth, surprised to see it take second place in a couple of lists already.

aye, i mean it's good... but better than OK Computer, Kid A and/or In Rainbows!? horses for courses and all that, but i just don't see it

42 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Now the dust has settled, as much as I love AMSP it does make me a bit sad there is a very, very long time until we have new Radiohead album excitement again! 

We'll just have to rely on excitement of them headlining instead, right?

2 minutes ago, wilem said:

We'll just have to rely on excitement of them headlining instead, right?

yeah, i guess... *hmmph*

only downpoint to Radiohead headlining next year is that all the hype, buildup and setlist guesses have already been done in anticipation to their supposed set at this year's festival :P gonna be like... three weeks before i wanna speculate another Radiohead Glastonbury setlist!

Just now, FloorFiller said:

yeah, i guess... *hmmph*

only downpoint to Radiohead headlining next year is that all the hype, buildup and setlist guesses have already been done in anticipation to their supposed set at this year's festival :P gonna be like... three weeks before i wanna speculate another Radiohead Glastonbury setlist!

We need more lists....

I went back and listened to all of the albums before I finalised my new list and I have to admit, it's so so tight between OK Computer and AMSP. In my mind both albums have only one track I'm not too fussed about,  with everything else being I'm immaculate genius. Perhaps the freshness of AMSP is what has driven the decision to place it above OK.

It's not In Rainbows though. That will always be my number 1. It encompasses everything I love about Radiohead more than any of their other records. 

Edited by T-Mouse

If Radiohead are to headline next year I think we may get a second record of music similar to the Kid A / Amnesiac scenario. They don't strike me as a band who would headline 14 months after the release of an album. With A Moon Shaped Pool there are lots of older tracks on there which in my opinion would perhaps point to the fact that there may be new material floating about. It took them 5 years to release the album so you never know.   

1 minute ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

If Radiohead are to headline next year I think we may get a second record of music similar to the Kid A / Amnesiac scenario. They don't strike me as a band who would headline 14 months after the release of an album. With A Moon Shaped Pool there are lots of older tracks on there which in my opinion would perhaps point to the fact that there may be new material floating about. It took them 5 years to release the album so you never know.   

i'd of course love this, and there were similar rumours after The King of Limbs was released (although that was based on numerous things, from the short length of that album, to the final lines of Separator being 'you think this is over but you're wrong', to These Are My Twisted Words being released later that year linked to something called Wall of Ice) but i don't see it this time round. they've always used old songs in their albums, and haven't really hinted at another release. i think them being booked for 2017 is more the case of Muse, Adele and Coldplay all being wrapped up with touring next year whereas Radiohead will still be on the road and so agreed to do it the following year, and it's as simple as that

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

aye, i mean it's good... but better than OK Computer, Kid A and/or In Rainbows!? horses for courses and all that, but i just don't see it

One or more of the tracks from it would need to break into my top ten for that to happen. Not to say that won't happen in the future, but it's not happened yet.

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Now the dust has settled, as much as I love AMSP it does make me a bit sad there is a very, very long time until we have new Radiohead album excitement again! 

I'm half hoping one of the only positives of Brexit might be Radiohead getting right back in the studio and making Hail To The Thief II- The leave campaign should have put that on their leaflets actually.

1. Kid A

1. Amnesiac

3. In Rainbows

4. OK Computer

5. King of Limbs

5. A Moon Shaped Pool

7. The Bends

8. Hail to the Thief

9. Pablo Honey 

Bit of cheating there, I consider kid a/amnesiac to be a double album and their defining statement (an age thing I'm sure). Can't decide between AMSP and KoL, AMSP has better tunes but still feel that KoL works better as a cohesive record. Could be tempted to put The Bends above both but then I remember it has my 2 least favourite album tracks, high and dry and fake plastic trees.

Edited by blackred

10 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

While I hope Radiohead play Glastonbury next year, announcing a proper tour would be a pretty good start... 

Shouldn't be too far off announcing first 2017 dates (wherever they'll be) right? I hope we get a tour before summer but I'm not counting on it.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Shouldn't be too far off announcing first 2017 dates (wherever they'll be) right? I hope we get a tour before summer but I'm not counting on it.

Hoping they knock out a few big outdoor dates rather than an arena tour, ready for that triumphant homecoming show in 2017!

6 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Jonny said in a recent interview they didn't have any venues booked yet for next year. 

Can't imagine booking venues takeaway a great deal of time. 

I imagine there have a plan of where the tour is going to next. Would be really weird to only play 3 small UK dates and a handful of a American dates.

1) Radiohead playing 2017

2) Radiohead not playing 2017

3) Radiohead announcing they are playing 2017 then Thom pulls them out last minute as he is still down in the dumps about the sound in the Pyramid field

4) Radiohead headlining the long drops by the Wood/JPT as a compromise

5) Pablo Honey

Edited by mungo57
PABLO FUCKING HONEY

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

1) Radiohead playing 2017

2) Radiohead not playing 2017

3) Radiohead announcing they are playing 2017 then Thom pulls them out last minute as he is still down in the dumps about the sound in the Pyramid field

4) Radiohead headlining the long drops by the Wood/JPT as a compromise

5) Pablo Honey