Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

1 minute ago, Rosscoe said:

He didn't say they wouldn't ever play the pyramid, just that they didn't want to then (roughly 2yrs ago), maybe it was just a line he used to kill off  the conversation?

Unbelievable that this rumour still goes round when as far as I know the only source for it is one random guy on here who claimed to have met Thom in a cafe. It may well be true that they don't want to but I don't think we really have much reason to think that's a valid source for it.

5 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Unbelievable that this rumour still goes round when as far as I know the only source for it is one random guy on here who claimed to have met Thom in a cafe. It may well be true that they don't want to but I don't think we really have much reason to think that's a valid source for it.

And aside from anything else, the Rolling Stones set was 2013, the Pyramid sound has been vastly improved since they introduced the Martin MLA system in 2014 so it wouldn't be relevant even if it was true.

45 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

I find it more unbelievable that someone who had posted on the site a couple of hundred times before (I can't find the OP now but I remember that from it happening) popped up and said that for no apparent reason, while Radiohead weren't even a rumour for the festival and there wasn't any need to strengthen or diminish the prospect of them, and people who didn't want to believe them instantly called them a liar. What a bizarre lie it would be, as well. Yet if someone with a single post on the forum that said Radiohead were playing then I don't think there'd be as much questioning. :lol:

I think the new audio systems have come in since and Thom's head might have been turned (if he ever goes to the Pyramid) but yeah, it's not unreasonable for him to have said that at one point.

EDIT: not a couple of hundred posts as the OP is on the last page. :lol: but still and all, not exactly a bullshitter 

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I find it more unbelievable that someone who had posted on the site a couple of hundred times before (I can't find the OP now but I remember that from it happening) popped up and said that for no apparent reason, while Radiohead weren't even a rumour for the festival and there wasn't any need to strengthen or diminish the prospect of them, and people who didn't want to believe them instantly called them a liar. What a bizarre lie it would be, as well. Yet if someone with a single post on the forum that said Radiohead were playing then I don't think there'd be as much questioning. :lol:

I think the new audio systems have come in since and Thom's head might have been turned (if he ever goes to the Pyramid) but yeah, it's not unreasonable for him to have said that at one point.

You only have to as far back as the infamous Chris Martin Supergroup incident to see how grossly passing comments can be distorted by Efests members.

Just now, Mash011 said:

You only have to as far back as the infamous Chris Martin Supergroup incident to see how grossly passing comments can be distorted by Efests members.

Was that from an eFester? I thought I had read that somewhere else.

Fair point but to be fair we were only looking at one act being added at that time and then Eavis said two British acts were playing so people put them both together. Fuck knows what Chris Martin had to do with it, of course.

Forgot all about that though. So stupid. :lol:

Just now, dentalplan said:

Was that from an eFester? I thought I had read that somewhere else.

Fair point but to be fair we were only looking at one act being added at that time and then Eavis said two British acts were playing so people put them both together. Fuck knows what Chris Martin had to do with it, of course.

Forgot all about that though. So stupid. :lol:

Pretty sure it originated here - if I'm not mistaken someone on here overheard Michael Eavis make a passing comment about Chris Martin and from that alone the entire community decided that the festival's Sunday night headliner was a supergroup organised by Chris Martin. 'Someone thought Thom Yorke said he doesn't like the sound on the pyramid and therefore Radiohead will never headline ever' is exactly the same kind of thing, really.

Just now, Mash011 said:

Pretty sure it originated here - if I'm not mistaken someone on here overheard Michael Eavis make a passing comment about Chris Martin and from that alone the entire community decided that the festival's Sunday night headliner was a supergroup organised by Chris Martin. 'Someone thought Thom Yorke said he doesn't like the sound on the pyramid and therefore Radiohead will never headline ever' is exactly the same kind of thing, really.

whether the chap is to believed or not is another thing entirely, but seems far more like a direct conversation with Thom rather than overhearing something and putting 2 + 2 together. but as has been said, the Pyramid sound system has changed since then so it's all null and void. if Thom did think it sounded shite in 2013, there's a good chance his mind has changed since. they're obviously still big fans of the festival so i doubt it took much to change their minds, especially with a new more festival friendly album behind them instead of one that could've well fallen flat on it's arse on that stage

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Not an entire community yo. I can't believe I would have ever thought a Chris Martin supergroup would headline.

I don't know what Thom not liking the sound of the Pyramid stage and thinking the Rolling Stones' sound was shit can be misconstrued from. Plus the previous two gigs he'd played at the festival were on the Park Stage, as if making a point of not playing the big one. Either way, the sound system has improved massively since then (tho I didn't realise it was bad then) so I wouldn't say it really matters anymore and I expect them to headline next year. Still doesn't mean that was a lie or twisted words, like.

oh ALRIGHT THEN

1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. The Bends
5. A Moon Shaped Pool
6. Hail to the Thief
7. Amnesiac
8. The King of Limbs
9. Pablo Honey

since seeing them in London i've given Radiohead a bit of a rest after having them on non-stop in the lead up to and with the release of AMSP, and intend to do so until as late as them being announced for the festival, although i doubt i'll make it that long

55 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

whether the chap is to believed or not is another thing entirely, but seems far more like a direct conversation with Thom rather than overhearing something and putting 2 + 2 together. but as has been said, the Pyramid sound system has changed since then so it's all null and void. if Thom did think it sounded shite in 2013, there's a good chance his mind has changed since. they're obviously still big fans of the festival so i doubt it took much to change their minds, especially with a new more festival friendly album behind them instead of one that could've well fallen flat on it's arse on that stage

So you're saying someone put 2 and 2 together and got 5? Surely this confirms them.

5 hours ago, Charm said:

Not sure how much I liked Radiohead before I found this forum, but seeing them headlining the festival has suddenly become very important to me, I suspect I've been slightly brainwashed but thanks anyway for bringing them into my life. 
Charm x

The Radiohead eFests meet will be something to behold. Tears and beard stroking everywhere. 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The Radiohead eFests meet will be something to behold. Tears and beard stroking everywhere. 

a part of me is very worried that i'm gonna do something stupid like overdo it in the day and end up either missing or just totally forgetting their set. may just wrap myself up in bubble wrap totally sober for the day until they walk on stage

16 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Mr Charm and I always stick together at the festival but if he doesn't want to see them he can do one as I'm definitely going. 
Charm x