Full Set Videos?

FatAmmy

First glasto this year, and now I'm back in America. I'm a bit of a musical packrat, so I'd love to get my hands on downloadable copies of the BBC videos of some of the sets I attended. Are there people who rip these from the broadcast? Where might I find them? I can't even watch on the BBC site outside of the UK unless I find a proxy or VPN or something...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working on this for personal use (editing together a video using clips from the iPlayer episodes). Not sure where I could upload them legally without breaking some rules somewhere. I know someone did this last year (and they probably have a better internet connection than me) but yes, basically, it is possible and quite easy if you're in the UK, just a case of storing them somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

get_iplayer is your friend (http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html)

Once installed, it opens as a command prompt. Simply type get_iplayer followed by the url of the set you want to download and voila! Really simple to use.

Second that. Took me about five minutes to copy the pids from the iplayer urls and set the software up to rip all the sets I wanted. 

https://squarepenguin.co.uk has some comprehensive guides and examples to help you out. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's the iPlayer feeds from the BBC, just not accessed through a browser. I would have thought it would be blocked.

1 hour ago, MoilyX said:

It works, but needs a VPN such as Tunnelbear for it to work outside of the UK.

Ah okay. I stand corrected!

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/installation

Magic commands to get everything are:

get_iplayer --prefs-add --modes=best
get_iplayer --pid b007r6vx --pid-recursive

It can be done in a one liner if you're a real smart arse.  Make sure you have a fast connection and LOTS (about 250Gb!) of hard drive space!

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/installation

Magic commands to get everything are:

get_iplayer --prefs-add --modes=best
get_iplayer --pid b007r6vx --pid-recursive

It can be done in a one liner if you're a real smart arse.  Make sure you have a fast connection and LOTS (about 250Gb!) of hard drive space!

Hi Mr Hats - thats what i used and ended up with get_iplayer Web PVRManager.  but onlt have a list of a few progs when i search for glastonbury. Seems to be the progs that were on BBC 2 & 4, how do I get the full sets etc.

and i dont understand your magic commands lines. (sorry bit techno for me)

15 minutes ago, cornish hick said:

Hi Mr Hats - thats what i used and ended up with get_iplayer Web PVRManager.  but onlt have a list of a few progs when i search for glastonbury. Seems to be the progs that were on BBC 2 & 4, how do I get the full sets etc.

and i dont understand your magic commands lines. (sorry bit techno for me)

What icons do you have? You should have a get_iplayer and the PVR icon. Running the first one gives you a DOS box to type S2H's command in. The second one I don't use.  Rereading it, it's 2 commands - the first is configuring the quality and the second is getting the whole range of programmes. Take a look on the BBC website and search for, say , Fat Boy Slim Glastonbury, then click on the link on that page for all of Glastonbury items, about 100+ I think.  That's where S2H's PID will have come from, as the link of all the Glastonbury programmes. If you want to be more selective, teal each link and extract the PID from the URL. Check out squarepenguin for the guide.

39 minutes ago, carlosj said:

What icons do you have? You should have a get_iplayer and the PVR icon. Running the first one gives you a DOS box to type S2H's command in. The second one I don't use.  Rereading it, it's 2 commands - the first is configuring the quality and the second is getting the whole range of programmes. Take a look on the BBC website and search for, say , Fat Boy Slim Glastonbury, then click on the link on that page for all of Glastonbury items, about 100+ I think.  That's where S2H's PID will have come from, as the link of all the Glastonbury programmes. If you want to be more selective, teal each link and extract the PID from the URL. Check out squarepenguin for the guide.

Cheers Carlo - I'm only getting the PVR icon will have a shufti for theother one.

Found it and with a bit of trial and error its working great ta and ta @stuartbert two hats

Edited by cornish hick