FESTIVAL FRIENDS REUNITED 2016 - try to find those chance encounters here.

JulesyBoy

:D  Did you meet a friendly festival face this year but forgot to take any contact details? Just maybe this thread may bring on a happy reunion!  :D

To kick off, does anyone know of a guy called Barry who had some sort of working connection with the Leftfield stage? We were pitched in camper field East 20 on Wednesday night watching Pink Floyd live & loud on DVD. He joined us in our traditional annual Glasto Floyd fix but then disappeared into the night after a thoroughly enjoyable two hours or so.  Too drunk & dark to describe what he looked like & didn't take any contact details stupidly.  Get in touch. 

Was going to set up another thread but will try this one first , does anyone know a lovely lady that is on here that I met and danced with to Beyonce , after coldplay , I met her in a bar just down from the beat hotel next to the new dance village cut through , I asked what your name was and your username but sadly I can remember neither, unfortunatly your friends arrived and I lost you :(

I met a lovely lady called Sarah during The 1975 gig at the Other Stage. She is from London. Works as a financial regulator or something relating to accountancy/auditing. Think she may have studied in Manchester. Her Da is Scottish and her second name ends in Hogg…like Beckett-Hogg perhaps? I cannot find this woman on Facebook or Twitter. Any chance anyone knows her?!! She is obviously really tidy. So annoyed i didn't get her number

To the guys I met at Editors before starting their shift at the Meeting Point Bar (Syed's the only name I can remember!), thanks for the rum and hope the rest of the weekend went well!

And I hope you'll be using my spiced rum, ginger beer and mint mix on the bars next year!

2 hours ago, TheWineBarman said:

Any of the lovely people who frequented the Wine Bar between the Other and Pyramid stages?

So many people who, like us, couldn't be arsed fighting the mud and just stayed with (as said by so many) "the best music on the whole site". 

We miss you :)

Yeahhhh, go Wine Bar!

To the couple we met at the Tea Shop on Thursday - Kathy and Colin I think. We talked about not wanting to have children, how many times we had been to Glastonbury and you ate some of my spiced apple cake. You said you'd look out for our flag

Edited by Guest

Sadly I have three.. The only problem with not carrying a phone at Glasto didn't get anyone's details:

1: One guy with his wife and daughter. We met in the Rocket Lounge on Thursday night for dinner. He is even an efester already.

2: The husband and wife Saturday we watched the sunrise at Stone Circle together. They work the ceramics tent in the craftsfield. 

3: the 4 dudes in the pit for Coldplay. We were about dead center sharing their gin and tonic and my whiskey. 

Ollie from Stoke Newington... Don't worry I don't want to go on a date or anything. Just wanted to say thanks for the wine and taking me into your group at LCD Soundsystem (down the front, near the white 'CJJ' flag) when I was watching them on my own. Top man. 

the two London girls I met in Shangri la,. with my two friends

sorry I jibbed on you , I was off my nut and going in to the Rum shack just wasn't what i needed. it was very crowded in there and I had just been crushed at hotchip

To Rachel, the northern Irish chartered surveyor working on a bar next to the other stage,

Me and my gf were the couple who were raving/chatting with you during DJ Yoda. You'd just finished your shift (I think at the Dreamtime bar next to the other stage but not sure) and were just absolutely bloody lovely!

We agreed to meet you the next day but must've got the place or the time wrong and couldn't find you despite asking numerous staff at Dreamtime. 

If you somehow manage to spot this: thanks so much for having a bit of a boogie with us and sorry we utterly failed to meet up with you, hope you had a great rest of festival! 

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:35 AM, JulesyBoy said:

:D  Did you meet a friendly festival face this year but forgot to take any contact details? Just maybe this thread may bring on a happy reunion!  :D

To kick off, does anyone know of a guy called Barry who had some sort of working connection with the Leftfield stage? We were pitched in camper field East 20 on Wednesday night watching Pink Floyd live & loud on DVD. He joined us in our traditional annual Glasto Floyd fix but then disappeared into the night after a thoroughly enjoyable two hours or so.  Too drunk & dark to describe what he looked like & didn't take any contact details stupidly.  Get in touch. 

Barry Gibb?

Not so much a search for friends but our group had a bizarre & funny year of suddenly stumbling upon each other without warning time & time again, in the dark, rain, mud & amongst tens of thousands of revellers in the massive festy site.  Honestly, you couldn't make it up.  We had made a 'law' that we would all go off & do our own things most days (worked out brilliantly)- we didn't need mobiles coz it seems the 'rendezvous gods' were on our side!

• 3 weeks later...

There was a nice bloke I chatted with briefly in the Avalon Inn before Hobo Jones, I was dressed as a Zoo Keeper and I think you said you were working in Silver Hays? Possibly called Neil? I was severely hungover but felt better after chatting about how brilliant the festival is with a complete stranger.

The wonderful French couple who I met after losing my mates exiting Muse, we went to the Spike together and shared some beers and smokes, I was suppose to meet you at Avalon on Saturday night and you described your flag to me in detail, sorry I didn't make it, you were ace and thank you for adopting me for a few hours if my woeful state!

To the lovely lady and couple I sat at the stone circle with waiting for the sun to rise on Saturday morning, I think in reality it had already risen and was just behind clouds given the time. Thanks for keeping me company until I calmed down enough to head off to sleep, we had a brief chat about Brexit and you made me feel in great company with like minded individuals!

To the lady during Coldplay, we got talking after security tackled a guy to the floor who was running about causing trouble after clearly taking too many drugs. You shared your flavoured vodka with my mates and me, we had a laugh and a dance, you comforted me when I cried during Sky full of Stars and I attempted to comfort you when you received some terrible news by text. I hope you're okay and enjoyed what was left of your festival, once again I'm sorry about your friend and thanks for sharing the magic of that set with me!

Actually from last year, but I still feel the need to be grateful for it!

Thank you once again to the nice lady who kept leaning over the side of her chair to check on me at the end of Charlatans while I lay on the floor sweating out a whitey, especially as your lovely kids were running around and stepping over the shivering mess on the floor!