Tent walkabout post festival

ian the worm

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some decent tents.. if anybody was allowed in after the festival to take them down :P

At least you didn't seem to see anything horrific leftover in the tents....!

I normally take MORE home with me - Free chairs, tents etc.

Sadly this year I only grabbed a couple of chairs - but they'll get used in my back garden fo'sho! :)

Why can't everyone do this? - I know a lot does go to charity but a lot also doesn't.

Lazy entitled twats...

The camping store on site was shocking to me. In the States there are no camping stores on site even for the biggest fests. You see those air mattresses everywhere. Chairs everywhere. They could minimize onsite waste by simply not offering solutions like huge blow up mattresses that are utterly ridiculous. If they didn't hike it in what makes you think they are going to hike it out? I'm sure some do but Thursday the amount of people walking around with those air mattresses purchased was mind boggling and was obvious many were not going to leave the farm. 

I had no idea it was anything like this bad. Really really shocked. On so many levels it's staggering this goes on; there's all the expensive gear that they just leave behind after paying for, and then there's the much worse lack of respect for the site and people who have to clean it up. Properly disgusting stuff.

Jeez :( that's hugely depressing. My group of seven people - four tents - left behind precisely zero. One bag of rubbish, one bag of recycling, both placed into the dump areas afterwards. I felt properly guilty about having to bin my broken camping chair, my missus wanted me to carry it back to the car and bin it at home but I wasn't going to do that: it went in a rubbish pile, though. 

The people who have the patience to clear that site up afterwards: fair play. They get £7.20 an hour and three meals, I believe? It should be doubled. And paid for by the filthy bastards who can't tidy up after themselves. 

Fucking hell, I knew a fair amount got left behind but this is just absolutely shocking. So what if your tent is a bit wet and muddy? Take it home!

So appalling how throwaway money is to some people, let alone how rude and lazy it is just leaving it there. People could at least pack it up and hand it in so it can be sent to the refugee camp.

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There has to be a way to stop all this. I knew tents were discarded, never quite realised how many there are left on site. Sometimes I don't know why the Eavis's put up with it all.

They just pay people to take them down. From our ticket price. It'd be nice if people took the stuff home, and it's a real shame it's wasted from an environmental perpspective, but it's not a big deal for the Eavis'.

We left our tent behind this year. Absolutely no way we were going to take it home...

We did stay in Camplight though :P Pretty good service, at least someone is making some use of those discarded tents. Unfortunately from the pictures above many more would go to waste. 

One thing - we normally take our tents home whatever. But the first I heard about the collection for Calais was when leaving the gates. Maybe if this was publicised more, a few people might actually pack up their tents and leave them at the gate? I think some can't be bothered taking them home particularly on trains/coach - sure it's sheer laziness anyway but might at least get a few more to pack them up. Definitely not a solution though. 

This was the first year I ever even contemplated leaving anything due to exhaustion. However we still packed everything up even though tent wouldnt fit properly into tent bag and sucked it up and carried back to the coach and hotel. Repacked when we got to the hotel so we could carry it back on the flight to Ireland.  Bet most of those dirty c**ts were travelling by car. Really boils my piss cos I can't even take some extra home cos just can't fit in baggage for the plane.