DID YOU LOSE WEIGHT OR FEEL ANY HEALTH BENEFITS FROM THE MUD PLUGGING?

JulesyBoy

1 minute ago, Larraht said:

I actually apparently gained 8lb to my horror! However I think that it was probably swelling to my legs from welly boots as 4lb has mysteriously disappeared since Monday evening. So no. The mud did not turn me into a pro-athlete.

LOL we got back and I asked my partner if she lost weight because it was like a gauntlet and she said the same thing! She was like "I gained 7 lbs somehow." It sure felt like we were all pro-athlete training holy smokes. Maybe it is 7lbs of leg and back muscle :D

If I hadn't drunk about 10,000 calories of booze I reckon I would have lost a few pounds but stayed the same. Had been working on the strength and fitness in the run up and been putting in some long cycle rides which really helped with the muddy conditions. In previous years I have been fooked after a muddy one but was not too bad this time.

After 18 mths of crossfit training this was my first Glastonbury where I didn't have any leg pain or back pain from standing or trudging through the mud and across site really pleased I only gained 1lb... I normally pack on half a stone with all my eating :lol:

Gained half a pound. I'm fine with that. It's probably water weight anyway.

I took up running (doing my first 5k event on Saturday), which probably helped the fact that I had absolutely no leg aches or similar issues during or after. I lost another stone in advance of the festival - I'm now officially "healthy" according to the BMI chart thing for the first time in my life. I felt energised throughout the festival, drank lots of water, ate well whilst still indulging, and I really feel like it helped make this year the best Glastonbury so far.

Only issues were on my shoulders on the Wednesday and the Monday morning, and could barely move my left arm on the drive home - thank the cat gods for automatic transmission...