Glastonbury proposals

sophlamb

My boyfriend proposed to me this year at the festival and of course I said yes! It was late Friday afternoon at the West Holts stage and he got down on one knee in the mud with a ring he bought at the festival. It was absolutely lovely and I did not expect it at all :wub:

On the way out we were listening to Worthy FM and heard a few other stories about proposals so we tweeted in and ours got read out too.

I thought it would be nice to hear if any other efesters have any Glastonbury proposal/wedding/honeymoon/stag or hen party stories they'd like to share too as I'm feeling completely loved up! ^_^

1 minute ago, NoBallGames said:

Saw a dude propose Wednesday in Park. Was super cool cause everyone started cheering. 

my friend accidentally recorded a proposal at the park On Wednesday evening in front of the Glastonbury sign

Not my own story as such, but I saw somebody propose on stage once, when London Community Gospel Choir (I think) were doing the Acoustic. This was a Sunday afternoon, so everybody was a bit emotional as it was. She said yes, thankfully, but then they did Bridge Over Troubled Water straight after - had a bit of a moment to say the least.

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Saw one up on the hill Friday afternoon, and then in the crowd during Adele, back centre of pyramid.

I saw one at the front left during Make You Feel My Love, shortly before the girl who had oded came towards us being carried by staff

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Wasn't me in this instance, but if you'd been filming in that spot Thursday.......... :wub:

Ah I think I saw yours then, proposing up at the sign Thursday evening, massive round of applause and cheering for ages, brilliant. Many congrats Mothy!!

hobo jones got a couple up out of the crowd on the saturday night in the avalon cafe.

The band pretended it was a compaition they had won to sing with them but when he asked the bloke to do a soundcheck on the guest mic he got down on one knee and asked the question she said yes.

all the band where in on it and the crowd gave a massive cheer.

It was a nice moment.

5 hours ago, sophlamb said:

My boyfriend proposed to me this year at the festival and of course I said yes! It was late Friday afternoon at the West Holts stage and he got down on one knee in the mud with a ring he bought at the festival. It was absolutely lovely and I did not expect it at all :wub:

Congrats. Carrie + Fred avatar means you are a sound person and deserve happiness.

17 hours ago, ripcurl85 said:

Yep, I did on Wednesday evening at around 8:00pm up near the bar above the Park. Sounds like some of you may have heard the cheers :lol:

I saw you up there! Man, it made my evening and gave me a huge smile :) Congratulations, dude!

On our way in on Sunday through Gate C, the group behind us said something like:

How are you man?
Fuck, totally wasted, Shangri La was mental, got in at 6am
Yeah, did you see .... propose to .... down there?
What?
Yeah, she said yes
Wow that's really cool, so happy for them

And so it starts...

I proposed to my now wife last year, it was her first glastonbury and after the annual new york new york in the john Peel tent i asked her if she enjoyed the festival? she said she loved it, so I asked her would she come back next year as Mrs overton and she said yes. We came back this year and it was our honeymoon.