Confusion Phone-boxes

OfOrigin

I used one and spoke to a man whose name I can't remember and a woman called Sam. There were flyers pasted inside the phone box with phone numbers on so I called the number for the energizer bunny. Was amazed when someone actually answered! My boyfriend got a photo of the look of utter shock on my face when I started speaking to someone

Yes, at least some of them must definitely have worked then.

I range the number for Biggles the clown, and the bloke sounded very confused and told me I had the wrong number. Then decided he was the clown and was charging £30/hour, for everything included.

Very confusing overall but guess that was the whole point

18 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Don;t they just link to a phone box the other side of the field that some random answers :-)

Yep, this! 

I rang the number for bulging German sausage and it auto played some audio, then it started ringing and someone picked up. We soon figured out we were both on booths in the field and wished each other a lovely festival!

Used these a few times. They're a fantastic idea! You dial one of the numbers from the adverts stuck on the board, it plays a funny recorded message and then dials out to another one of the phones onsite, which passers by can pick up.

The first time round I dialled the number for Hot German Sausage and had a nice little chat with a bloke about Brexit.

The second time I dialled for Hot German Sausage again (because I'm a thirsty homosexual) and got put through to a gruff Bristolian bloke who told me to come and suck his fat cock.

And the third time I got put through to a lovely woman who put me on the phone to her 7-year old son who fancied a chat.

Great idea for bringing strangers together. All adds to the Glasto Magic as well.

29 minutes ago, Sidasta said:

Didn't work for us. :(

Someone has to ring it- it rang and she said is that Kathy or something like that. Don't know where these people are but guessing at the site?

latent
ˈleɪt(ə)nt/
adjective
adjective: latent
  1. (of a quality or state) existing but not yet developed or manifest; hidden or concealed.
    "they have a huge reserve of latent talent"
    antonyms: manifest, obvious, active

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They were there in 2014, not sure when they started. Does anyone know if they started earlier?

That was the first year I remember them as well. I can't remember having to dial that year though, I think you just picked up the phone and it rang?

I think i remember seeing them last year too but i could be wrong. 

It took me a couple of attempts this year before I realised you have to dial one of the numbers written in the booth, then after hearing a recording it will ring one of the other phones in the field. 

I spoke to some random bloke, asked him how his gout was doing then he asked me if I had some Ket. Quite a bizarre conversation. 

• 1 month later...