So, who got in that shouldn't have?

Glastobuddy

30 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I just can't imagine how this is possible. There's two people standing on each individual little run where they check your ticket and band. Must be seriously lucky to be able to do this each time!

I agree but he showed me that he had an old v wristband on and I've no reason to think he was lying.  He just seemed like one of those jack the lad types who gets away with it.  I asked him if he always got in first time and he said that once or twice he'd had to try a second time.

Got properly checked on gate B on the six times I went in, no way you were getting back in without a pass out either. My 14 y o got searched twice as well.

we also turned up at C after walking from Cannards with tents on Weds early doors with the wrong tickets! I didn't even chance it lol given one was my Mrs!

Met some 19 year old on the Thursday who'd been snuck in either by one of the traders or by security in a van. I can't remember which he said, I was too taken aback by him trying to sell me a double of laughing gas for £8 and claiming it was 'Glastonbury prices'.

Was camped next to some really sound lads who were mates with some of the security. They said on the Saturday that one of their security mates had just been caught sneaking people in. They said he'd been caught with 4 wristbands in his pocket, 'he got too greedy' was the exact phrase they used.

If you were that way inclined, it definitely seems pretty hard to sneak in as a normal punter now, but if you know the right people on the inside, clearly its very doable.

We were staying in east campervan fields. My mates brother joined us later on the Wednesday evening after coming on train. After getting coach from station he apparently justed walked through whatever gate he was dropped off near.Just strolled through apparently. At first we didnt believe him but showed us his pass out that he got from gate C! The person checking couldnt believe he just walked straight in and said they couldnt be bothered with hassle of flagging him up to supervisor so just gave him pass out ticket and told him to go! We all went in later on and he got his wrist band then!

My friend had just dyed her hair pink and was been asked a few questions by then when she went in.

Glad she didn't get asked for I'D as she never changed her name on any since she was married but her ticket was in her married name.

Seemed to be a lot more stricker then normall. 

I posted the horror story about my friend whos dad chucked out their glastonbury ticket a couple of weeks before the festival.

We managed to find a local who had access to wristbands. They were charging 150 a pop to take you in, then they'd take the band off you once inside. This was going to plan until said local got caught on the Wednesday evening.

With no other option, his girlfriend managed to take off her a wristband and together we formulated a detailed story of "omg where's my wallet. It had my ticket and pass out ticket" and loaded up my friends confirmation details as, after all, the guy had a bloody ticket. At about 11pm my mate took out the wristband to him and informed him of the story and went to gate D.

Suffice to say, nobody at the gate gave a damn and he walked straight in. No issues all weekend and he had a great time :)

I was checked properly on every time in and out and the East Camper gate, no chances there of any slack at all as far as I could see.

On Saturday I was told if I left site at Ped Gate A I wouldn't get back in as I didn't have photo id with me to back up my ticket and wrist band! My wife luckily had some so she could go out to collect our daughter from B&S Showground.

Seemed tight as a drum to me.

Just to add, both tickets had likenesses to me and the Mrs....everyone i asked about the one i "inherited" said they wouldn't have known without me saying so it's I wouldn't say it was the people on the gates fault. 

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Maybe it's a bad idea to be publicising that people are getting in who aren't supposed to, sure the organisers wouldn't appreciate it, could be used as evidence against them. 
Charm x

I hear you but it's not like it's unheard of (Twix), it's been going on for years but by the sounds of things it's getting harder and harder. They'll never combat it completely with the thousands of vehicles going in and out all week, the external sources with access to wristbands as well as factoring in human error. Not sure who'd want it as evidence either, i'd be surprised if the blaggers made any difference to the overall attendance figures with the scale we are talking about? Also (if anything) it highlights the weak points of entry to the organisers.

24 minutes ago, Glastobuddy said:

Just to add, both tickets had likenesses to me and the Mrs....everyone i asked about the one i "inherited" said they wouldn't have known without me saying so it's I wouldn't say it was the people on the gates fault. 

I hear you but it's not like it's unheard of (Twix), it's been going on for years but by the sounds of things it's getting harder and harder. They'll never combat it completely with the thousands of vehicles going in and out all week, the external sources with access to wristbands as well as factoring in human error. Not sure who'd want it as evidence either, i'd be surprised if the blaggers made any difference to the overall attendance figures with the scale we are talking about? Also (if anything) it highlights the weak points of entry to the organisers.

Whoever issues the licence might be interested in written evidence of extra people getting in, I think they are strict about numbers, sure that's one of the reasons we have The Fence, the wonderful Twix story proves how hard it is to get in, this thread is making it appear very easy. 
Charm x