So, who got in that shouldn't have?

Glastobuddy

I was promised 2 hospitality tickets back in November from a mate but they never materialised (I only found out on Tuesday last week) so the Mrs and I were up s**t creek with a week to go. I refused to give in as this was due to be the fun before our wedding in 4 weeks time, so i spent ages searching all forms of social media and eventually (on Friday night) found tickets with some small likenesses to us both from two different sources. After sorting pick ups (a 3 hour drive) and postage, we had face value tickets in hand by Tuesday morning, along with a car park pass from a lovely lady on twitter who took a donation to charity from me for it. We were both crapping it when we arrived at Gate C (spending 6 hours in the traffic jams reciting the addresses of our alter egos) but with a bit of flannel and even after we were asked to remove our sunglasses and hats (we refrained from the Groucho Marx nose/tash combos) we were given the green light to proceed to the wristband queue where again we passed a further check. We were however too frit to go back out, so had to send our mates back for the booze all the way to Blue 13 on Friday!! What amazed me when doing the searches on the social media sites was exactly how many tickets are available and how quickly they were being snapped up (and in some cases for Hospitality tickets, how much they go for!) . There must be hundreds if not more ticketless/ punters with other people's tickets scattered about the site.

Has anyone ever seen people be turned away because the face doesn't match or did anyone else take the same chance as us and run the gauntlet as we did this year?

I was camped with a few mates & some of their mates who all twixed it again.

I also arrived back at site with a girl from the shuttle who had a crew band from a couple of years ago on & had just decided to try her luck. They let her straight through behind me in the queue. She gave me a cheeky wink and dissapeared off into the mud. Good times 

On the other side, some guy and his friend approached me in the car park late Wednesday evening and asked if I knew anyway to get in without a ticket (jumping fence, anyone taking in the back of food vans etc). He said he had a ticket but they conviscated it at gate A when they thought he didn't match his years old picture. The guy lived in Bristol and hadn't brought his ID. His mate had a band on and had evidently been allowed in. Not sure if he was being honest or not but the poor kid looked distraught.

Met two fellas, one had got in for free, can't remember how he said he did it, his mate got in on somebody elses ticket. After telling me they got a bit worried and asked if I was wired up :) 

Gate D around 12pm on the Wednesday, as we were getting our wristbands, one young guy just made a run for it through the turnstiles, only to be chased by 2 security guards as he legged it through the nearby campsites. This led to another guy seeing the opportunity to do the same (this youngster had a huge afro so would have been easy to spot). No idea if they got away but they were quick as hell!

Was quite amusing having everyone there cheering them on (including some of the workers).

I was in a group of seven, and three of them had tickets with other faces on them: price was £228 + £50. Two got in fine (they looked pretty damn similar to the pics) and one got stopped - bloke shook his head, laughed and let her in. All was good! I dunno if I'd fancy trying it myself, though. If I couldn't get a ticket through legit sources I suspect I'd work it. Wouldn't at all fancy trying a hooky ticket or a workers van type situation :lol:

59 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Gate D around 12pm on the Wednesday, as we were getting our wristbands, one young guy just made a run for it through the turnstiles, only to be chased by 2 security guards as he legged it through the nearby campsites. This led to another guy seeing the opportunity to do the same (this youngster had a huge afro so would have been easy to spot). No idea if they got away but they were quick as hell!

Was quite amusing having everyone there cheering them on (including some of the workers).

Saw these two hanging round the carpark as we made our way to Gate D. They stood out as they had no camping gear at all. We put two and two together when we heard the cheer ahead of us and was told there had been two runners.

2 mates got in with other peoples ticket, and we met a guy there with no wrist band on. he said 2 of his mates had hospitality bands on and when they got in one of them slipped his wristband off by putting a paper bag under it and sliding it off, the other lad with the band walked off site, gave it to the lad who didnt have one and they both walked back in with no question. i've never seen anyone get refused entry in the 3 years ive been, and at least 2 mates have had other peoples tickets every year

7 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I know someone who got his tent stolen.

All his belongings were left behind, they just took the tent.

Perhaps it was one of the 'runners'.

That is nuts. I was worried about this after the flooding. Was in south park 2 and some people camped right in the gully. After the rain woke up to a river running through people's tents into a mini lake that formed. People were hiking all over trying to find new spots to put tents. Leaving camp that morning I was just hoping no one would ffk with my kit given desperate measures. Really was surprised when I saw people pitching in the gully at the bottom of the hill though. 

On 6/29/2016 at 6:23 PM, Beerqueen said:

I got talking to a bloke who had just walked in among people returning from their cars.  He said he had done it many times over the years and had never paid for a ticket.  I was amazed he just told me all this without knowing me from Adam!

I just can't imagine how this is possible. There's two people standing on each individual little run where they check your ticket and band. Must be seriously lucky to be able to do this each time!

6 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I just can't imagine how this is possible. There's two people standing on each individual little run where they check your ticket and band. Must be seriously lucky to be able to do this each time!

Being a right cheeky fecker can pay off at times! He who dares, wins! Never tried it at Glastonbury, but been succesful at other festivals using this method.