Market Vendors

Swine_Glasto2014

Been sat down discussing the revenue the food vendors, clothing stalls ect must contribute toward the festival and how much they can potentially make!

Not after a exact figure but anyone know what GFL charge for the different pitches?

I know a couple of things about the food side.

Price varies depending on the type of food you are doing, hot, cold, snacks, desserts / drinks as well as the size of pitch, generally 3/6/9/12 metres. 

I know other festivals will have 'premium' pitches which in my eyes would be ones very close to stages (the run of food vendors near West Holts Brothers Bar etc.) which are again higher. For the application to Glasto I know you have no control on where you are placed, so it is quite different to all the other festivals.

I know that for a 6M pitch serving Hog Roast with 8 wristbands for the festival it is very reasonable compared to the other 'big' festivals. 

7 minutes ago, muddychick said:

Somebody on the craft fields told us that the food vendors can expect to pay around £9000 for a pitch. Not sure how true this is.

Ha not bad considering how much you'd pay to "glamp" if you got a decent spot :ph34r:

Thinking about selling a few cuppas and bacon sandwiches, kipping in a van and selling off the extra wristbands to get my money back 

My friend who had a food stall in croissant neuf said they paid £5,500 for the pitch, with no electricity. The bar by the pyramid apparently cost around £60k

you are only allowed to bring the stock you can get in before the gates open after which you have to use the wholesale market on site which is actually "festival wholesale" (so bloody expensive)

you have to pay full ticket price for each of your staff & this all has to be paid up front in March 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Thank you. We have been saying it for years to do our idea but never got round to it. Been pricing up stock today to see if it is possible.

Very exciting..! Let me know how you get on, very keen to try my own venture when I find the time..! If I can be of any help, please let me know.

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

you are only allowed to bring the stock you can get in before the gates open after which you have to use the wholesale market on site which is actually "festival wholesale" (so bloody expensive)

you have to pay full ticket price for each of your staff & this all has to be paid up front in March 

Not too sure that is exactly correct. I know last year Gilcombe Hog Roast got a delivery in most days (the farm is 10 miles away from the site - so easily managed) and this year had a delivery Friday morning. I know not every trader on site is able to do this, but I don't necessarily think there is anything from preventing you from going off site and back as long as you do so when vehicle movement is permitted.

I am sure also that the wristbands for staff are included in the pitch price, this typically being 8 per stall (which for bigger stalls / long opening hours is a bit of a squeeze).

4 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

I suspect a lot of the market traders (as in non food) did very poorly this year due to the mud. Every time we walked past they seemed to be empty. Shame really. 

Unless you were selling wellies at £20 a pop or folding chairs.. B)

20 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Thank you for this. We are looking at a pitch for next year selling food.

But you're a medic, and you're needed up at FMS! Unless you're thinking of providing tea and hot soup for the injured folk who come to you for treatment. And the police crew next door, of course! Treats for the horses? :)

1 minute ago, Ducky89 said:

Unless you were selling wellies at £20 a pop or folding chairs.. B)

Here's an ideal... ban stalls from selling chairs. Rent chairs instead for a deposit. Abandon chairs problem solved (partially).

Ah god it's so depressing we can't trust people to clean up their own mess.

16 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Thank you. We have been saying it for years to do our idea but never got round to it. Been pricing up stock today to see if it is possible.

What would you be selling??

The thing I always wonder when I see the market stalls is how people get stuff home!  Do any of the stalls offer a delivery service post festival, or do people make the slog back out to the cars to store their stuff?  

35 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

But you're a medic, and you're needed up at FMS! Unless you're thinking of providing tea and hot soup for the injured folk who come to you for treatment. And the police crew next door, of course! Treats for the horses? :)

Lol still hope to do my 2 shifts for FMS and help on the stall the other times depending on the line up. Been very lucky to have seen nearly all the acts I have wanted to over the years at the festival so will give the staff/ family time off to see the acts they want to .

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

What would you be selling??

The thing I always wonder when I see the market stalls is how people get stuff home!  Do any of the stalls offer a delivery service post festival, or do people make the slog back out to the cars to store their stuff?  

Can't say what we will be selling. It's something I've never seen sold at the festival in 7 goes