Missed bands / acts

Ducky89

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the obvious clashes, the one I definitely missed sadly was Savages. I simply couldn't hack the walk from Explosions In The Sky at John Peel tent, to the The Park, then back to John Peel for Sigur Ros. Cruel scheduling, but I'd of probably done it, if the conditions had of been bearable. 

Watched back Grimes and EW&F as its the two acts I missed for LCD, Grimes looked fucking marvellous, definitely need to catch her live soon. EW&F, hmm, looked a good party, but I'm so so glad I went to see LCD instead (not that there was ever any doubt) 

10 hours ago, muddychick said:

Possibly my favourite act of the festival. I thought they were fantastic. Very down to Earth and played all the hits.

We got in early and we're glad we had as the tent was absolutely rammed with people outside as well. In the end the CF team took the sides down on the tent to allow more people to watch them. 

On 7/1/2016 at 11:47 PM, greenArmy12 said:

Yeah they were great, they were well up for it and in such a small intimate tent it was my highlight

Bugger aha! regret of the weekend not seeing them :(

20 minutes ago, Tomo18 said:

Bugger aha! regret of the weekend not seeing them :(

I know they were touring recently. Maybe still doing the rounds. 

I was sorely disappointed that I missed Blackberry smoke on Friday night. Late night Thursday and too much walking Friday burnt us out early.

I missed Wolf Alice because I was in the circus, and decided I wanted to bimble in that area rather than trek it back to the Pyramid.  While I don't entirely regret it, I wish they'd been on another time when I had more energy/motivation

I missed PJ Harvey for Gary Clarke Jnr. He turned out to be my favourite set, so that worked out good.

Missed Selector coz I was miles from Letfield.

Missed Dreadzone again I was miles from it.

Missed 3DM as I forgot and was prob miles from it..

Spent loads of time at T&C / Healing fields. Prob missed a few more while there. But worth it.

I had 4 must sees and saw them all. So pretty chuffed with that.

i missed a shitload of acts due to clashes, but out of the acts i actually intended to go see

Oddisee, 'cause i was shattered and needed a rest
most of The Last Shadow Puppets 'cause i arrived late and then couldn't be arsed with their shit
Human Pyramids 'cause by the Sunday there was no way i was getting up and out for 11am
Mac DeMarco as it would've been a nightmare getting from Pyramid > John Peel > Other in such a short time and only to see about half of his set
and almost every electronic act i planned to go and see due to laziness and/or just being too fucked by that time of night to make my way to the correct venues

think i did pretty well this year

I missed quite a few this year, which was disappointing. Two main reasons was babysitting a newbie friend of mine and of course navigating form one stage to the other in the mud!!

Two big misses were:

Grimes - saw a snippet on BBC2, looked awesome at the park (love it there)

M83 - again saw a little on BBC when i got back.

Can anyone who saw these two recommend?

Of course there were a lot more than these two but these seemed to stand out, if you know what I mean! :)

Art garfunkel because of the walk tiredness etc but tame impala proved to be one of my hilights.  Band of horses for same reason unfortunately that meant watching ellie Goulding who was awful. The rest were pre arranged seen new order loads so let them go for adele . My wife wanted to see muse couldn't persuade her to see underworld but muse were great 

On Saturday, July 02, 2016 at 0:47 AM, greenArmy12 said:

Yeah they were great, they were well up for it and in such a small intimate tent it was my highlight

Couldn't even get in the tent. Why they picked that tent I'll never know. It was funny though because people all just sat round despite hardly hearing anything singing along