Missed bands / acts

Ducky89

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loads!

Orchestra of Syrian Musicians (saw Gwenno instead)

Editors (Ed Harcourt instead as saw them earlier in the year)

Daughter (saw some of ZZ Top as saw Daughter earlier in the year)

Sigur Ros (was with friends in Block 9 crew bar! Although do have Citadel tickets so not the end of the world)

Savages (Block 9 again but saw them twice recently)

Wolf Alice (saw Jagwar Ma instead)

M83 (couldn't be arsed to trek back to John Peel after Mercury Rev at Park)

Steve Frost improv allstars TWICE (kept bloody forgetting!)

Bat for Lashes (ELO)

Grimes (Cyndi Lauper who turned out to be excellent)

Line-up was stacked so missed loads of acts I'd like to have seen :(. The most painful ones were...

Kurt Vile - our group agreed beforehand that Madness would be the one act we would all watch together.

Tame Impala - opted for Floating Points and CHVRCHES and don't regret it. Seen TI this year and will probably watch them at NOS next week... and FloPo was outstanding.

St. Etienne - my body was broken by this point so I decided to stay by my tent and get myself in the zone for PJ Harvey & LCD

New Order.  Felt a bit grotty after one too many Piritons on Saturday.... I know how to live!   Went back to the tent for a couple of hours around 4ish Saturday afternoon and got up 7am the next morning.  I could hear them from where we were camped and remember clearly being awake for True Faith, Blue Monday and Temptation.  Had to ask my son when he got back to the tent after seeing them whether I had dreamt Love Will Tear Us Apart

Gutted - they were my number 1 must see!

Nothing but Theives - Had a nightmare Saturday morning. In my still mangled, tired state I had it in my head that they were playing on Williams Green (??). Trecked over there from pylon for an early 11.40 start, arrived to be greeted by an band called InHeaven.

They were obviously playing in John Peel and what with it being a short set I had no chance getting back for any of it! Was reeling for about 2 hours!

At least my mates who I had left back at camp found it hilarious!

Edited by richy24

Most of New Order, because I felt really ill, which pretty much never happens to me (even at festivals) and so went with my friends to Adele, who exceeded expectations in fairness.

LCD because I was at EWF. Wouldn't say I regret it but then people I have been saying that LCD was very very special. 

And Four Tet despite him playing about 34 times over the weekend in various places. That was annoying. 

2 minutes ago, greenArmy12 said:

Just watched Muse back on iplayer, went to see sigur ros, so glad I did, was a fan of showbiz and origin of symmetry back in the day. They played 1 song from those two albums (plug in baby). So much for catering for all your fans

as much as i'd love them to still play material from those albums, they're like 15+ years old and they've released 5 albums since. can't blame them for preferring to play their more recent material, even if it is poor in comparison

On 7/1/2016 at 0:18 AM, brandycoke said:

Squeeze were excellent, but i headed to Other right after ,snd still caught most of St Paul and the Broken Bones, who i thought were also excellent.

So you could've probably could've done both.;)

I did it the other way - saw some of Squeeze and all of St Paul who I thought were one of my bands of the weekend.

17 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I did it the other way - saw some of Squeeze and all of St Paul who I thought were one of my bands of the weekend.

And the BBC didn't bloody film the St Paul stuff for watching afterwards! At least I can't find anything.

36 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

And the BBC didn't bloody film the St Paul stuff for watching afterwards! At least I can't find anything.

There was one of those special sets at their BBC stage - it's on youtube I think, but that's all.  I do find the BBC coverage very focused on well-known acts rather than the lesser known stuff.  Very disappointing.

Missed NAO for Christine and the Queens

Missed Daughter for beers at the tent, food and a loo trip by which time it was kind of late to head to the Park

Missed Ronnie Spector for Foals- not sure about the wisdom of this one!

Missed Sigur Ros for Muse- again not sure of the wisdom there

Missed Four Tet constantly every time he played due to generally being on the wrong side of the site.  Made it to his 4am Genosys gig last year and then my contact lens fell out!

Missed Kurt Vile for not wanting to hang about at the Park on my own, and also to meet my friends at This Is the Kit

Missed Bat for Lashes for ELO- watching it now and regretting it

Ultimately I think I got the balance right between seeing the acts I wanted to see and spending time with my group, and meeting up with old friends.  Couldn't have gone better I don't think.

On 30 June 2016 at 11:20 PM, Tomo18 said:

did anyone see Travis?

Possibly my favourite act of the festival. I thought they were fantastic. Very down to Earth and played all the hits.

We got in early and we're glad we had as the tent was absolutely rammed with people outside as well. In the end the CF team took the sides down on the tent to allow more people to watch them. 

1 minute ago, muddychick said:

Possibly my favourite act of the festival. I thought they were fantastic. Very down to Earth and played all the hits.

We got in early and we're glad we had as the tent was absolutely rammed with people outside as well. In the end the CF team took the sides down on the tent to allow more people to watch them. 

I went to try at 3:20 and was 10 deep outside the tent by then. Not getting to a set at least an hour before it starts when I could be doing something else. Completely stupid idea to announce them in there especially when there was a gap on the Pyramid and not an awful lot on else where. The acts and decisions unfortunately seem to be less thought of and less care taken since some bookers were replaced. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I went to try at 3:20 and was 10 deep outside the tent by then. Not getting to a set at least an hour before it starts when I could be doing something else. Completely stupid idea to announce them in there especially when there was a gap on the Pyramid and not an awful lot on else where. The acts and decisions unfortunately seem to be less thought of and less care taken since some bookers were replaced. 

To be honest I thought with Travis starting at 4 and Madness at 4.30, that would devide the crowd a little.  I agree that they maybe shouldn't have announced it and left them as special guest as originally stated. 

Glad we got in early as I wouldn't have wanted to hang around outside on the hope of getting in. Had a similar experience at Jack Garrat on John Peel.

Watching some acts on iplayer, I'm gutted for missing PJ Harvey (saw Beck/Grimes instead) and M83 (too far to walk from the Park) but not so much Chvrches (great performance but they played a lot from their last album which I didn't think was as good as their debut) and Sigor Rus (looked great but Muse were a bit more fun)

I would have liked to see Nathaniel Rateliff, Ezra Furman and ZZ Top but couldn't due to clashes. 

Heard Squeeze from my tent and wished I was down near the stage.

I opted for Cyndi Lauper on Sunday night and she was great, but am currently watching Coldplay on the iPlayer and kind of regretting not going. My God, they pulled out all the stops.

1 hour ago, muddychick said:

To be honest I thought with Travis starting at 4 and Madness at 4.30, that would devide the crowd a little.  I agree that they maybe shouldn't have announced it and left them as special guest as originally stated. 

Glad we got in early as I wouldn't have wanted to hang around outside on the hope of getting in. Had a similar experience at Jack Garrat on John Peel.

If I had missed them at TITP a few years back I'd have made more an effort but inside King Tuts tent was really good. I don't think there is anything else I was too gutted about. Started watching The King Blues and even if the weather wasn't crap I doubt I'd have left in the end to trapse all the way to Acoustic for 3 songs from Art G as I was enjoying it. I saw people heading there before TLSP started...there is no way that many people were going up that particular walkway just to their tents.