Missed bands / acts

Ducky89

Theres a lots of threads on the highlights and 'moments' of the festival, so I thought I would give this a try..

Who were the bands you were unable to see because a mix ups / clashes / appeasing other members of your group, or just not fancying venturing out in the rain to the park stage?

For me there was quite a few unfortunately due to clashes and other people wanting to see things - in no particular order:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Jagwa Ma

Hinds

Rat Boy

Kate Tempest

Night Beats

Grimes 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed quite a few things, mostly down to the conditions;

Thursday

She Drew the Gun and The Smyths - Tents were rammed both times and couldn't be bothered fighting our way in

Friday

Daughter - Went to see White Denim instead, regret that one

Savages - Couldn't face the Foals > Savages > Underworld mud sprint

Sigur Ros - Decided to go with Underworld rather than venture to the JP, don't regret that one

Saturday

Car Seat Headrest - Was at 11am and being in Worthy View I couldn't drag myself down in time for it, self-inflicted

Kurt Vile - Another victim of mud laziness. Couldn't be bothered going from the Pyramid after Wolf Alice to the Park then back to the Pyramid for TLSP. Just got some food and saw a bit of Madness instead

Sunday

Bat For Lashes and Bootleg Beatles - Decided just to booze in the tent and head to the Other for Peej than fight my way up to the JP. Don't really regret it.

In hindsight maybe New Order...I decided to walk aimlessly around SE Corner seeing a couple of rubbish acts when there was hardly anyone there. However, I was not to know that at the time.

I was debating whether to see Beck or PJ Harvey and in the end I saw............Show of Hands. Glad I did, they were terrific while others in my group were bit disappointed with PJ Harvey

4 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

In hindsight maybe New Order...I decided to walk aimlessly around SE Corner seeing a couple of rubbish acts when there was hardly anyone there. However, I was not to know that at the time.

I was debating whether to see Beck or PJ Harvey and in the end I saw............Show of Hands. Glad I did, they were terrific while others in my group were bit disappointed with PJ Harvey

Me too. I wish I'd watched Adele.

Missed Sigur Ros for Underworld (happy I did as Underworld were fantastic)

Missed Squeeze for St Paul and Broken Bones (wish I'd seen squeeze)

Missed Kurt Vile for Madness (Good decision)

I missed PJ Harvey and Gary Clark Jr for Beck. (Happy as beck was great)

Missed Earth Wind and Fire for Cyndi Lauper (Pleased I did, but would like to have seen both)

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

LCD.

Lost an argument with Mrs Jass and had to watch Coldplay, which was admittedly good, but really wanted to see LCD. Everyone banging on here about how good it was hasn't helped.

Feel. Your. Pain.

The only one I missed that really wanted to see was New Order, I figured I can see them elsewhere in the future but I'll never pay to see Adele and I doubt she will do any other festivals that I'll be at, really glad I saw her, not a fan but she was good.

50 minutes ago, Smeble said:

The only one I missed that really wanted to see was New Order, I figured I can see them elsewhere in the future but I'll never pay to see Adele and I doubt she will do any other festivals that I'll be at, really glad I saw her, not a fan but she was good.

They're playing Glasgow again in November so looks like more tour dates are coming.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

LCD.

Lost an argument with Mrs Jass and had to watch Coldplay, which was admittedly good, but really wanted to see LCD. Everyone banging on here about how good it was hasn't helped.

I saw LCD and think I'd have had more fun at Coldplay if it makes you feel any better.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra & Ezra Furman - Long slog from campervan field east to an uncovered park stage when it was already raining and none of my group were keen at all. Have since watched sets on iplayer and both of them smashed it! more fool me. Dont think i even watched anything decent in their slots.

LCD  - Everyone in my group was watching coldplay bar me and one mate, he was my rock! ha. He then proposed to his girlfriend on Saturday in Shangri-La and selfishly decided he wanted to spend his Sunday night with her at Coldplay. Unbelievable!! The cheek of the man. Therefore decided easier to go with group to watch Coldplay, They always put a good show on and didn't disappoint in that regard, but watched LCD on iplayer afterwards and started to weep! Might snub the weding after that lol

Nobody else I was with wanted to see Richard Hawley so I went to see Muse instead. After the referendum result I was up for a bit of a release so was fine to go along with that. Ended up disappointed.

I'd also planned to see Vince Staples but had resigned myself to seeing Jess Glynne instead. With the weather, I ended up not bothering with either. 

Missed Anna Meredith as well. I've no idea why I ever plan to see the first act on at any stage I'm not camped right next to. It never happens.

Wanted to see Kurt Vile. Ended up seeing Madness and John Grant instead - it was just easier with being over that part of the site already. Both were fantastic, and from the sounds of it, I didn't miss much with Kurt Vile.

Gregory Porter I was just too tired to get up, so went back to sleep instead. Probably most disappointed about missing him, as it wouldn't have required too much effort really.

Grimes - well, getting from Beck to Grimes and then to LCD Soundsystem was just never going to happen in that mud. Worked out for the best though, wouldn't have missed a second of LCD Soundsystem's set.

Edited by Vacant0

Would have seen Richard Hawley at The Park but couldn't facing trudging up there after Foals do stayed to see Muse who were a bit boring 

also wanted to see Guy Garvey at Park - but couldn't face trudge up there either! 

Other bands missed I 'll see at Latitude 

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Me too. I wish I'd watched Adele.

Missed Sigur Ros for Underworld (happy I did as Underworld were fantastic)

Missed Squeeze for St Paul and Broken Bones (wish I'd seen squeeze)

Missed Kurt Vile for Madness (Good decision)

I missed PJ Harvey and Gary Clark Jr for Beck. (Happy as beck was great)

Missed Earth Wind and Fire for Cyndi Lauper (Pleased I did, but would like to have seen both)

Squeeze were excellent, but i headed to Other right after ,snd still caught most of St Paul and the Broken Bones, who i thought were also excellent.

So you could've probably could've done both.;)