Wooden Sunglasses

Boordy

Hi Guys,

One day this festival, there was a stall selling Wooden Sunglasses, 89 pounds a pair (I think), which i couldnt afford out of my glasto budget, However i really really liked them. Would like to see if i could find the seller online somewhere or something. The problem being i dont actually remember the location, or the stall name.

I Seem to remember them being made out of skateboards? (I was very wasted) They also had phone cases in the middle, also made out of wood.

Any Help Appreciated.

1 hour ago, Boordy said:

Hi Guys,

One day this festival, there was a stall selling Wooden Sunglasses, 89 pounds a pair (I think), which i couldnt afford out of my glasto budget, However i really really liked them. Would like to see if i could find the seller online somewhere or something. The problem being i dont actually remember the location, or the stall name.

I Seem to remember them being made out of skateboards? (I was very wasted) They also had phone cases in the middle, also made out of wood.

Any Help Appreciated.

Fk that m8, go the park, source your own wood and build your own. ;)

8 minutes ago, DAVA said:

Fk that m8, go the park, source your own wood and build your own. ;)

As a town councillor, I cannot condone chopping down trees in your local park just to make some 'cool and trendy' sunglasses. Go to your next town and chop down their trees.

They were at least two stalls of different makes, I think you mean the Woodstylz ones who I think are Dutch, (stall on the drag from pyramid to other stage) I have a pair and think they are great quality sunglasses, mine were £49 (bought last year)I think they sold ones with different types of wood and also some made out of stone for £89. The other half got some this year, we deliberately didn't buy them online in advance as I was positive they were significantly cheaper at Glastonbury and I was right. 

As others have said, there was also a different company to the right of Williams Green, and a bamboo products shop on the run from Williams Green to the circus, and also a shop that sold stuff specifically made out of recycled skateboards, also on the way to the circus, sorry I didn't clock the names of these other 3 companies.

Edited by BrokenDown
Additional info.

1 hour ago, BrokenDown said:

They were at least two stalls of different makes, I think you mean the Woodstylz ones who I think are Dutch, (stall on the drag from pyramid to other stage) I have a pair and think they are great quality sunglasses, mine were £49 (bought last year)I think they sold ones with different types of wood and also some made out of stone for £89. The other half got some this year, we deliberately didn't buy them online in advance as I was positive they were significantly cheaper at Glastonbury and I was right. 

As others have said, there was also a different company to the right of Williams Green, and a bamboo products shop on the run from Williams Green to the circus, and also a shop that sold stuff specifically made out of recycled skateboards, also on the way to the circus, sorry I didn't clock the names of these other 3 companies.

The skateboard company is called SESH (www.ihavesesh.co.uk), saw them at Download a few weeks ago as well and got chatting to them.  They sell some lovely stuff, and it's just the one guy that actually makes it so they don't have a huge product turnover and everything's individual.  Really nice stuff.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I'm liking the look of the cases but not the PRICE of the cases! DAMN!

Maybe one of these at £6.98 with free shipping would suit?

http://www.banggood.com/Wooden-Wood-Back-Cover-Bamboo-Protective-Hard-Case-Skin-Shell-For-Apple-iPhone-6-6S-4_7-inch-p-1025086.html

And for the glasses, what about these at £17.77 with free shipping;

http://www.banggood.com/Unisex-Men-Women-UV400-Protection-Retro-Wooden-Frame-Sunglasses-Driving-Outdoor-Glasses-p-1046621.html

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Evening Yog, I got a pair just like the ones in your pic for free when I bought a pint of Kilkenny in an Irish bar in Barcelona earlier this year. They do have " Kilkenny " written along the side but I like them and managed not to lose them at a couple of festivals this year. I looked to see if I could find a picture on google for comparison but no luck. I think free is the correct price for sunglasses as I always lose or sit on them.

29 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Evening Yog, I got a pair just like the ones in your pic for free when I bought a pint of Kilkenny in an Irish bar in Barcelona earlier this year. They do have " Kilkenny " written along the side but I like them and managed not to lose them at a couple of festivals this year. I looked to see if I could find a picture on google for comparison but no luck. I think free is the correct price for sunglasses as I always lose or sit on them.

Hello comfortablynumb1910

Free is a good price for sun glasses. I don't wear sun glasses to walk around in but would like a pair for driving in sunshine with. I actually found a pair recently that were really cheap quality and had Southern Comfort written on them. I thought to myself that as I don't give a shit what I look like they'd be ideal for driving in sunshine. Then I lost them almost immediately.

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

cheers yog, much better

7 minutes ago, bamber said:

I've no affiliation, French website selling cut price wooden sunglasses. Ethically produced hardwoods apparently.

No Video, no comment, just cut price wooden sunglasses.

http://uk.label-park.com/private-sale/woodsies-092016.html

That's ethically sourced rather than ethically produced.

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Count yourself lucky - I struggle with everything!

Hope that you are happy and well bamber

I am very lucky in both the well and the happy departments, thank you. I do not wear wooden sunglasses though.