Anker phone chargers

pie_and_a_pint

Thanks to everyone who recommended the Anker power packs for charging phones. Brilliant piece of kit! I was on site Monday - Monday, used my phone a reasonable amount, and the Anker kept it charged up fully, only running out of juice just now, forcing me to go and find my actual charger from the car. Best £20 I have spent on festival kit (and to think EE was charging that for a single-swappable power bar).

I had a 20000mAh Aukey charger for £16 off Amazon.. kept my phone charged for all 4 days I was at the Isle of Wight Festival earlier in the month.. might take a couple to Glastonbury next year (assuming I do a better job of getting tickets this time B))

Last year I took 6 of those EE power bars.. which I think barely gave my phone a full charge. Had to swap a powerbar at the Chill N Charge tent too.

Previous years I have taken an old Nokia with several spare (cheap) batteries.

So yeah .. these new fangled chargers are absolutely mint for festivals.. nice not to have to worry about conserving battery power like in previous years. A more connected festival.

How was the coverage this year?

8 minutes ago, holmz said:

Fucking superb actually - full fast 4G coverage on EE all weekend with the exception of early Friday morning when, for obvious reasons, more people than usual were accessing online services :( 

2 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Fucking superb actually - full fast 4G coverage on EE all weekend with the exception of early Friday morning when, for obvious reasons, more people than usual were accessing online services :( 

Ah good news! Previous years have always been OK until Friday when the data coverage falls off a cliff. Pleasing they have improved capacity this year

14 minutes ago, holmz said:

I had a 20000mAh Aukey charger for £16 off Amazon.. kept my phone charged for all 4 days I was at the Isle of Wight Festival earlier in the month.. might take a couple to Glastonbury next year (assuming I do a better job of getting tickets this time B))

Last year I took 6 of those EE power bars.. which I think barely gave my phone a full charge. Had to swap a powerbar at the Chill N Charge tent too.

Previous years I have taken an old Nokia with several spare (cheap) batteries.

So yeah .. these new fangled chargers are absolutely mint for festivals.. nice not to have to worry about conserving battery power like in previous years. A more connected festival.

I took the same Aukey, did me three full charges from Weds and is still 3/4 full!

the EE bars are only 2400mAh! The ones from Oxlyers lock up were 3500 for a tenner. Cockmill caravan did a charge for a donation!

4 minutes ago, holmz said:

Ah good news! Previous years have always been OK until Friday when the data coverage falls off a cliff. Pleasing they have improved capacity this year

I don't think it was as good on T-Mob, though - Mr P&P was having some trouble getting texts through. I guess EE is an 'official partner' so had boosted things. Very useful.

12 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I used my Aukey 20000mah one and there's still one light left on it. 

Also I was really surprised that I got 4g signal with 3 all over the site, since last time I got pretty much nothing unless I was lying in my tent at daft o'clock in the morning.

<_< I got no Internet coverage with 3 at all on the site, would get a H+ throughout the day but nothing would load, only times I got a working connection was between 6am-8am, that with using a Galaxy S6

i'm on a non 4g phone so data was rubbish nearly all the time, however my imuto 20000mah charger was great.

topped up my phone every night, offsprings phone and camping buddy when it was needed, and atleast four camera battery charges.

bit of a brick but very happy with and was sub £20

yep those chargers are a life saver. sounds bad that having a phone at the festival is such a necessity, but it really does help with everything!

with EE myself so had full access for most of the festival (few moments were it cut out but never for longer than half an hour, if that)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2016 at 11:48 PM, FloorFiller said:

yep those chargers are a life saver. sounds bad that having a phone at the festival is such a necessity, but it really does help with everything!

Just out of curiosity, which bits of having a phone are such a necessity?  I ask as I got by on one of the dirt cheap Nokia PAYG handsets, so phone, text and feck all else, with my HTC in a lockup in case I needed it.

This was partly through necessity as I'm waiting on a new battery for the HTC so I'm lucky to get a full day's use out of it per charge, but I found it pretty liberating.  I stayed in touch with group via tex and calls, and the only thing I really missed was having the camera.

On the topic of chargers thanks for the heads up on sales deals.  I picked up a Tesco one just before the weekend for £15, only 5,000mAh but managed to get 2 full charges out of it.  The Aukey sounds a lot better, might have to invest!

On 28 June 2016 at 10:58 PM, themuel said:

Weirdly my coverage depended entirely on which side of the railway track I was on.

Pyramid side = full 4G

Green Fields side = No internet

We don't need it up there :)
Charm x

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Just out of curiosity, which bits of having a phone are such a necessity?  I ask as I got by on one of the dirt cheap Nokia PAYG handsets, so phone, text and feck all else, with my HTC in a lockup in case I needed it.

Camera, video, group messaging all handy.

The official app was really nice too - easy way to have a full programme in your pocket, and quickly look up stuff you've marked as interesting. Even see what friends have marked down. And the map with GPS also handy.

Plus following the developments on Friday was a big deal for me at least.