Spot The Difference

stuartbert two hats

What did you notice had changed since the last festival? I'm talking things like toilets, paths, PAs - the minutiae that this forum runs on.  

I'm a part timer who hasn't been since 2014, so I might be a bit out of date with these, but I'll try to kick things off:

* New tube thingy inside the urinals. They also seemed to be less opportunity for men to piss against the inside wall.

* The Park seems to have a beefier PA.

* Really lovely colour projections in the ribbon tower. Not sure when these came in?

* Obviously, JP tent is new and has moved.

What else has changed?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Bit of a boring one but Beat hotel has moved further from the pyramid, one of my mates kept taking the piss out of me all weekend insisting it hadn't, but I know it has!

Yeah I thought that, was really confused for about 10 minutes as thought it had disappeared but seemed further round! Also thought Mandela bar had moved as sure I remembered being sat outside there a couple of years back and being able to see the Pyramid stage?

Screens (and MUCH better sound) at West Holts

The skate park has moved to the back at Greenpeace and been replaced with a really ace bar / cafe which I hope is a permanent fixture as it's really fab

The Beat Hotel has moved. It's still shit, though.

Dorset Blue Soup has gone :(

The Wood is new and shiny and beautiful and lovely 

The loos at Other are now longdrops and composters not portabogs

2 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Yeah, meant to cut congestion. Not sure it did, though.

Wouldn't be so confident myself either, didn't it shut Saturday and Sunday due to being apocalyptically muddy, I may have made that up, but I definitely saw railings across it 

9 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Screens (and MUCH better sound) at West Holts

The skate park has moved to the back at Greenpeace and been replaced with a really ace bar / cafe which I hope is a permanent fixture as it's really fab

The Beat Hotel has moved. It's still shit, though.

Dorset Blue Soup has gone :(

The Wood is new and shiny and beautiful and lovely 

The loos at Other are now longdrops and composters not portabogs

Thank you!!! I've never understood the carnage at The Beat Hotel. I just don't get the hype 

6 minutes ago, McCor said:

Thank you!!! I've never understood the carnage at The Beat Hotel. I just don't get the hype 

We had to litterpick outside it, and on Sunday and Monday mornings we also had to litterpick inside it too. Utterly revolting - ankle-deep in NOS balloons and canisters, and the only place I found bottles of piss too. That, and the chap that runs it seems to be utterly in contempt of those of us who get up at 5am to clean up the shit his punters leave behind on the ground, and for the second year running was clearly uncomfortable with litterpickers resting inside his venue during our break - obviously we made the place look untidy - how ironic!

2 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

We had to litterpick outside it, and on Sunday and Monday mornings we also had to litterpick inside it too. Utterly revolting - ankle-deep in NOS balloons and canisters, and the only place I found bottles of piss too. That, and the chap that runs it seems to be utterly in contempt of those of us who get up at 5am to clean up the shit his punters leave behind on the ground, and for the second year running was clearly uncomfortable with litterpickers resting inside his venue during our break - obviously we made the place look untidy - how ironic!

I feel for anyone clearing up the site. We had a group near us who must have woken up Monday, grabbed their handbags, and left. They left EVERYTHING and a shitload of rubbish. A huge tent, airbeds, chairs, the lot. Makes me furious. 

2 minutes ago, McCor said:

I feel for anyone clearing up the site. We had a group near us who must have woken up Monday, grabbed their handbags, and left. They left EVERYTHING and a shitload of rubbish. A huge tent, airbeds, chairs, the lot. Makes me furious. 

So sad, isn't it? I looked over the site on Monday last thing and there were thousands of tents - some fields like Big Ground and Pennards looked half-full, still, yet the buses had all left and the car park was 80% empty, so they were all abandoned. Such a horrible waste. The post-festival litter crews are paid and they'll be working incredibly hard - I had the easy job really, picking up cans and bottles and cups in the JP tent and along the pathways is a doddle compared to cleaning up campsites.

They were still building the gully come Friday.

Loved the Woods and the new JP location, really easy travels from Darble to JP or Pyramid now, much less zig-zagging to get about and meant not having to do the trudge through Silver Hayes.

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

A lot of the tents are tatted & will end up on eBay and collections are made by some charities, like unopened food & tents, & of anything worth saving, although I do agree the place does look like a total shit tip by the end, it's sad but it's going to happen every year 

But it shouldn't. Like pissing in hedges and letting off sky lanterns the festival needs to stop 'asking politely' and start enforcing some of these things. 

1 minute ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

But it shouldn't. Like pissing in hedges and letting off sky lanterns the festival needs to stop 'asking politely' and start enforcing some of these things. 

I agree but how do you propose they enforce a take your tent home rule? Searches on the way out too, We'd be there till Christmas. It would take 30k staff roaming the campsites with whips enforcing it upon anyone not complying with several lashes 

the tapas stall at west holts with the huge flamenco dancer statue on top has gone :(

yes the two sound desks at other was a new one and also a 2nd barrier at other? perhaps that was there before.

i love beat hotel but the sound levels were shocking this year. it always looks a lot worse on the outside as people congregate but if you go in there is often room.