Spot The Difference

stuartbert two hats

Where were the glowing blocks which are usually in silver hayes this year?

The introduction of the viking boat fire pit near the walkway from silver hayes to pyramid was a nice touch.

Loved the wood. I believe I said it was 'life changing' when a bit spangled after dark.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Yeah I thought that, was really confused for about 10 minutes as thought it had disappeared but seemed further round! Also thought Mandela bar had moved as sure I remembered being sat outside there a couple of years back and being able to see the Pyramid stage?

I don't think its been moved, they've just put a green fence on the right side of the pyramid field which ended up causing a crush at one point.

The whole thing with woodsies being closed for hospitality proper threw me. Was much nicer walking that way from Darble towards the pyramid via John Peel though instead of walking through Silver Hayes.

8 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

The wine bars didn't have the inflatable bottles on....also sure there was one by the Williams green bandstand last year. 

Gutted! That's about all the complaints I have though

The one at Other did have an inflatable bottle, I'm sure????

However none of the Wine Bars had banging soundsystems or people disco dancing outside them at 3am... ;)

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

19 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

the tapas stall at west holts with the huge flamenco dancer statue on top has gone :(

They had a sign up last year saying it was up for sale. I was rather hoping someone would take it on and continue coming to Glastonbury - they did great breakfasts. :)

3 minutes ago, musky said:

They had a sign up last year saying it was up for sale. I was rather hoping someone would take it on and continue coming to Glastonbury - they did great breakfasts. :)

I missed this place this year. They did wonderful breakfast in both veggie and non-veggie varieties but when I spoke to the owner last year on the Tuesday she said this was definitely her last Glastonbury and she had no idea whether it would ever be back. What a shame the buyer decided not to return. 

2 hours ago, justperfect said:

The big gorilla/man thing which shot lazers from its eyes (near the blues) had gone replaced by 2 big wood carvings 

I saw that this was at Download this year. Perhaps it was meant to come back and the wood carvings were going to be as well as not instead?

I think it may have been Scott that said a lot of the 'infrastructure' that was meant to come down from Download didn't make it due to due classic British summer conditions.

I think the tubing as opposed to the chicken wire made a great difference to the urinals. I didn't see one overflowing due to a blockage for the first time this year.

Another new change this year was that they made the top of the path that runs through Pennards a dead end whereas you used to be able to walk past camplight and over the ditch to the path with the entrance to the Tipi field. This had a big impact on my morning wee routine but I guess counts as a tiny detail in the grand scheme of things.

They also dramatically reduced the size of the urinals that are at the top of Pennards/side entrance to the park. This seemed like a really negative change to me. I didn't take one piss on the land all week but this is where I queued for the longest, which I think was a deal breaker for a few.

I know it was there last year but I didn't go in 2015 but love the spike area with the huge disco ball. Met some really nice people there and found it to be a great alternative to stone circle,which was shit this year but the weather had a part to play in that I guess

5 minutes ago, mr jolly said:

I know it was there last year but I didn't go in 2015 but love the spike area with the huge disco ball. Met some really nice people there and found it to be a great alternative to stone circle,which was shit this year but the weather had a part to play in that I guess

It was there in 2014 too.

7 minutes ago, mr jolly said:

By far the cheapest bar on site too :D

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Really? Ah gutted, kept going past it because it looked so full all the time.

Yep. Spent a while in there Friday lunchtime (got bored waiting for James to start). £5 double G&Ts £5 cocktails, £3 jagerbombs. We sampled most of them!

Edited by richy24

33 minutes ago, Bradders said:

No more flagtopia, it's now just an empty hill. I guess nobody goes there since they put the Glastonbury sign up a few years back.

Maybe that was a casualty of the late build? I noticed on the webcam that the flags at Other appeared at the last minute, maybe Sunday or Monday. I'm guessing that some elements were simply excluded due to the weather conditions.