Booking "luxury accommodation" at Worthy View

glastogirl88

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

We are looking at booking Worthy View as a couple friends in the group who have never been to Glastonbury before only seem interested in staying at WV (yes, I know!).

When did the WV tents go on sale last year?

It was the 29th of October I believe

24 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

We are looking at booking Worthy View as a couple friends in the group who have never been to Glastonbury before only seem interested in staying at WV (yes, I know!).

When did the WV tents go on sale last year?

Vast majority of the people who stay there are first timers/people who have never camped inside from what I could tell.  Appears to be due to some kind of bizzare fear of what hapens in the main camping site vs what happens in one you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for.

20 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Vast majority of the people who stay there are first timers/people who have never camped inside from what I could tell.  Appears to be due to some kind of bizzare fear of what hapens in the main camping site vs what happens in one you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for.

it's called being too snobbish to camp with the oiks. The result? A nice divisive "them and us" attitude at the festival. 

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

it's called being too snobbish to camp with the oiks. The result? A nice divisive "them and us" attitude at the festival. 

I don't think so.Didn't notice any of that 'us and them' nonsense. 

I stayed there last year when I took my family. It was brilliant. Not having to bring tents etc and decent showers and toilets (which they are) were the main draw cards for us.

The view fron the cafe is excellent, the walk is fine...good exercise actually, and given the downpour it was probably the best drained area on the site. 

Will try again this year.

25 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Some seem to have real trepidation about the main camping areas.

No idea why as I've never had any issues no matter which field I've camped in.

I can though see how WV would be appealing to people who have never been before or want a little more comfort in their festival experience.

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

Whilst that maybe the case for some I don't think you should be so sweeping in your judgements as not all people are nature born campers. The thought of not having easy access to showers scares folk, not being able to arrive Wednesday so having tent set up will be a factor and even that people are just simply rubbish at putting tents up or dealing with lugging stuff across site is another.

Half of my office would never camp let alone go to a festival for 5 days, doesn't mean they are posh b*****ds or think they are better than others it's just what they are comfortable with

Those folk in those really expensive Boutique camps on the other hand, there does seem to be a high % of seen to be seen at Glastonbury folk but again so what it should not affect your experience

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Whilst that maybe the case for some I don't think you should be so sweeping in your judgements as not all people are nature born campers. The thought of not having easy access to showers scares folk, not being able to arrive Wednesday so having tent set up will be a factor and even that people are just simply rubbish at putting tents up or dealing with lugging stuff across site is another.

Half of my office would never camp let alone go to a festival for 5 days, doesn't mean they are posh b*****ds or think they are better than others it's just what they are comfortable with

Those folk in those really expensive Boutique camps on the other hand, there does seem to be a high % of seen to be seen at Glastonbury folk but again so what it should not affect your experience

Whatever happened to community spirit and togetherness?

We're rapidly moving towards a scenario where half the punters are pampered, perfumed poshos, with the other half the great unwashed. How people can deny this is divisive is beyond me. 

It's little wonder those in the tipi village get heckled and jeered at each year, safe behind their massive fence and guarded gates.

For me Worthy View is simply a matter of convenience, not having to worry about arrival time in order to get 'that special pitch'. It just took the hassle out of the festival from an organisational standpoint, and I suspect that is it's main appeal. I stayed in an extremely generously sized four man bell tent last year, it was fab.

You did feel a little remote form the festival, but really that was down to the mud more than anything else. Will we do it again this year, should we get tickets? Hmm not sure, possibly, but we are also considering Lovefields as it is much closer to the site.

Don't see why WV gets a bad rep from some posters when really it is the camper van field sans wheels.

On 29/09/2016 at 1:26 PM, Hotchilidog said:

For me Worthy View is simply a matter of convenience, not having to worry about arrival time in order to get 'that special pitch'. It just took the hassle out of the festival from an organisational standpoint, and I suspect that is it's main appeal. I stayed in an extremely generously sized four man bell tent last year, it was fab.

You did feel a little remote form the festival, but really that was down to the mud more than anything else. Will we do it again this year, should we get tickets? Hmm not sure, possibly, but we are also considering Lovefields as it is much closer to the site.

Don't see why WV gets a bad rep from some posters when really it is the camper van field sans wheels.

I agree entirely with this. It's not necessarily a case of "it's them, and us" Glastonbury can be tough at times, especially this year with the mud, the trek through the mud from the carpark with all your stuff just to get to the gate was bad enough. That's before you even pitch a tent, and for many the traffic this year meant arriving at night and having to find a spot in the dark. For some people the ability to remove all that stress (which for some people it is stressful, for others of course it's all part of the fun) it is a price worth paying for. Live and let live I say.

Would consider it after the struggle this year

I was adamant this year was my last but times a great healer as they say and it's being part of my life since 1990 plus missus went for first time this year and struggled a bit.but loved it and could see why I return every year

Considering my options at the moment depending on ticket day of course 

Thanks again everyone for all your input on this :D

We were lucky enough to get tickets yesterday so that means I will be taking my mum for her first glasto next year at the age of 64! My sixth. So we will definitely be looking at some of these options as there is no way I can put her through anything like the mudfest that was this year.

Roll on June!!