Booking "luxury accommodation" at Worthy View

glastogirl88

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, muddychick said:

Can you work out the campervan East hill of death as well please? It's only the thought of bed and a brew that gets me up it.

Can't do the calculations but a gentler way to the top is to veer off to the right from the bottom and zig-zag your way up through the camper fields. You come out just past the three food vans, thus avoiding the crowds there.

Slightly longer walk but easier on the lungs and thighs!

Edited by JanieM28

2 hours ago, muddychick said:

Can you work out the campervan East hill of death as well please? It's only the thought of bed and a brew that gets me up it.

From PGC up the hill of death and to the road crossing in E19 is 700m.

The hill of mild inconvenience is less than 200m from gate to top.

2 hours ago, JanieM28 said:

Can't do the calculations but a gentler way to the top is to veer off to the right from the bottom and zig-zag your way up through the camper fields. You come out just past the three food vans, thus avoiding the crowds there.

Slightly longer walk but easier on the lungs and thighs!

2 hours ago, stuwilky said:

From PGC up the hill of death and to the road crossing in E19 is 700m.

The hill of mild inconvenience is less than 200m from gate to top.

Thanks. I really hate that hill. Feels much further than that! The zigzag is definitely easier on the old legs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

From memory, the 8-man ones were the last ones to be sold and were still available a few months before the festival.

They were £275 for the entire festival - quick maths - £27.50 pppn.

that's not bad, there is a B & b 15 Minutes away that will do you a twin room for £70 a night so £35 each, but that does include breakfast but you will have taxi costs each day I suppose. at least no queues for shower and will be dry and warm 

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm sure I've asked this before but I'd love to see a picture of this hill. Several pictures, from various angles.

No desire to fork out for WV, just interested after hearing such varying reports...

The hill is managable once a day the hard thing is if you havebeen out all day it's knackering.  But I am in 50s and survived it . 

This will be first year for me ive brought wife and kids with me, not up for camping normally `this time` with them as kids are still quite young (2 and 5 by the time glasto is on) and the 5 year old may be ok but with the 2 year old its just not practical esp if shes still in nappys etc by then.(will go for normal camping with them if they like it this time I think after fallow year when both little ones are a bit older) 

So anyway Ive been toying between the idea of worthy view, that and maybe trying to find a firm that would hire us a camper and drive it onto the site for us/take away at the end as me and the wife are both non drivers...in the end just today booked a room at a hotel in castle carey for wife and 2 kids for same kind of price itd cost to stay at worthy view or hire a camper so they can get a good nights sleep at least (essential I reckon with a 2 and 5 year old when on their feet all day), they are going to get the transfer bus from the station every day in and meet me as im staying on site then back to the hotel at the end of the days fun and after explaining about the worthy view hill the mrs said shed still prefer that then trekking up there and back with 2 grumpy tired kids every evening esp as wed be coming by public transport so would have to trek miles to get there in the first place!

this is `if` we get tickets.....if not, its pay on arrival anyway so not shelled out anything as of yet and can cancel booking up to a month before the dates for free anyway(doubt they have lack of takers to refill cancellations when glastos on) so its win win, think I was lucky to get a room- almost everywhere on booking.com pilton and surrounds sold out and this place only had 1 family room left that I took :) 

Edited by waterfalls212434

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, can anybody who has stayed at WV or attempted to confirm how quickly the different tent options tend to sell out? Are we talking instantly like the main sale, or within a day or so like CV tickets? Do different tent options sell out after than others?

We've always stayed in a caravan but fancy a change this year and being on the other side of the site (tickets pending of course, *crosses everything)

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Out of interest, can anybody who has stayed at WV or attempted to confirm how quickly the different tent options tend to sell out? Are we talking instantly like the main sale, or within a day or so like CV tickets? Do different tent options sell out after than others?

We've always stayed in a caravan but fancy a change this year and being on the other side of the site (tickets pending of course, *crosses everything)

We got 2 man scout tent fairly quickly but the other 2 person optons had gone immediately.  2 person scout tents seemed to be on sale for ages . Rest of options went very quickly . I'm not sure how quick bigger tents went but pretty fast I think 

35 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

We got 2 man scout tent fairly quickly but the other 2 person optons had gone immediately.  2 person scout tents seemed to be on sale for ages . Rest of options went very quickly . I'm not sure how quick bigger tents went but pretty fast I think 

Thank you, thats useful. looking at the options we'd probably want 3x 2 man pod pads, but from what I read you can only buy two lots of accommodation yourself, so by the sounds of it we'd need to be super organised to get them. the other option is the big tent with 4 bedrooms, although I'd prefer to have multiple tents/pod pads rather than one big tent.