Booking "luxury accommodation" at Worthy View

glastogirl88

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Mr Mandolin's app (which may or may not be reliable) the walk from the stone circle up to Worthy View was the equivalent of walking up 14 flights of stairs.  No idea of the distance though.  Or of how many stairs make a flight.  Probably not very useful then.

9 hours ago, mandolin said:

According to Mr Mandolin's app (which may or may not be reliable) the walk from the stone circle up to Worthy View was the equivalent of walking up 14 flights of stairs.  No idea of the distance though.  Or of how many stairs make a flight.  Probably not very useful then.

The internet says there are 12 steps in a flight of stairs, it also says there are 17 inches in a step so that's 204 inches a flight, 2856 inches converts to 72.5 meters, does that sound like a more reasonable distance to the Worthy View walkers :)
Charm x

6 minutes ago, Charm said:

The internet says there are 12 steps in a flight of stairs, it also says there are 17 inches in a step so that's 204 inches a flight, 2856 inches converts to 72.5 meters, does that sound like a more reasonable distance to the Worthy View walkers :)
Charm x

I am greatly impressed by this level of dedication.

11 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

Amazing dedication! 

I wouldn't say it was the equivalent to 14 flights of stairs, more like 4. It's hard to gauge as the steps are deep so you are not continually climbing. 

Basically they walk up a hill won't bother you unless you are quite unfit. 

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I am greatly impressed by this level of dedication.

18 minutes ago, OBface said:

Amazing dedication! 

I wouldn't say it was the equivalent to 14 flights of stairs, more like 4. It's hard to gauge as the steps are deep so you are not continually climbing. 

Basically they walk up a hill won't bother you unless you are quite unfit. 

Thanks, I'm sure Mr Charm thought I was mental when I told him what I was doing. 
Charm x

11 hours ago, OBface said:

I wouldn't say anywhere near 300m of steps. Took me three minutes maybe to get up the hill. Strange how we all seem to have such different perceptions of it! 

Might be due to how big the place is? I camped there 2015 in a yurt and the walk continues to be up hill (albeit not steep) past tons of the tents. Always found the walk to the main tent bit was tiring but ok, but that last stretch to the yurts was a real bummer

Ok comedy people :P when I say 300 m it's only a few steps which then go into a slope I am including that as well.  Anyone who can walk up in 3 mins after a long day is a lot fitter than me :D. Let's just leave it at its hard work at 2 am but it's worth it 

27 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Ok comedy people :P when I say 300 m it's only a few steps which then go into a slope I am including that as well.  Anyone who can walk up in 3 mins after a long day is a lot fitter than me :D. Let's just leave it at its hard work at 2 am but it's worth it 

I think it could definitely feel like 300 metres as the hill is so steep, if I was staying in there I doubt I could face the journey back and would go and sleep in one of the tea tents.  
Charm x

1 hour ago, willd255 said:

Might be due to how big the place is? I camped there 2015 in a yurt and the walk continues to be up hill (albeit not steep) past tons of the tents. Always found the walk to the main tent bit was tiring but ok, but that last stretch to the yurts was a real bummer

That might explain the difference in distances stated. I was in a bell tent right at the back of WV but only counted the hill up to where the food tents are at the top.

24 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

From the top of Pennards its 500metres..... including the zip zag where the steps are.  Gotta love google maps.

Still can't fathom how it could be anywhere near 500m but will bow down to the all knowing google maps :) Using the accurate yardstick of an Olympic swimming pool in my head (50m) I'd say it could be no more than 100m. 

Whatever, it shouldn't put anyone off staying there. We couldn't believe how easy the climb was having read horror stories here and elsewhere. 

29 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It wasn't kermit. It was his nephew, Robin. 

Shocked - all these years and I thought it was uncle Kermit - and it was "down" not "up" the bleedin' stairs.
I'm just getting over Roger the Cabin boy being a fiction too.
At least Henry is still bricked up in that tunnel.

I need to erase and relearn my childhood.