Booking "luxury accommodation" at Worthy View

glastogirl88

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, hez said:

How difficult is it to secure a bell tent at worthy view? Similar to getting a ticket or a bit more relaxed?

I imagine it's easier to get a scout tent?

Thanks!

Scout: relatively easy.

Podpad / bell / yurt etc: nothing like T-Day (page crashing, refreshing) but you need to be there bang on 9am etc and be really quick.

10 minutes ago, Snookstrap said:

Reading all about Worthy View does seem to make it more appealing. Giving your body a chance to recover and repeat easier.

How? It's exactly the same as camping on site. Except it's much further away from everything.

3 minutes ago, chrismcb said:

Thinking about WV next year also. Going over from Ireland and may not get over on the Wednesday. Would reduce the stress levels a bit knowing our spot is already there.

Plenty of great spaces in Pylon, Bushy, South Park etc right into Thursday afternoon.

18 minutes ago, Snookstrap said:

Reading all about Worthy View does seem to make it more appealing. Giving your body a chance to recover and repeat easier.

Undecided about 4 man Scout or Tipi though. Anyone stayed in either of them?

Me and my group stayed in the 6-8 person Scout tents this year and we loved it The tents are spacious enough and with the 4 pods in them you can get good privacy for changing or even if you just want a bit of a nap/quiet time. These tents did sell out fairly quickly when they went on sale but a few kept coming back up as available as other people cancelled theirs. The main difference between thee and the Octopads is that you get the pods for bedrooms, and whilst you have to bring your own sleeping equipment this doesn't matter too much. We are going to they for them again whenever they go on sale for next year.

25 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

How? It's exactly the same as camping on site. Except it's much further away from everything.

er, no it isn't. no queues in or out of the carpark, no more than a few minutes walk from your car to the entrance, showers, proper toilets and hand basins. more space and generally much quieter. it's no further away from the fence than most of the campervan fields, and "further away from everything" is obviously not true as it's quite a lot closer to various amenities/stages on the south of the site than some general camping areas.

you can make the case for whether those are pluses or minuses depending on your view of the festival, but it's blatantly not "exactly the same".

Edited by ghostdancer1

19 hours ago, hez said:

How difficult is it to secure a bell tent at worthy view? Similar to getting a ticket or a bit more relaxed?

I imagine it's easier to get a scout tent?

Thanks!

The bell tents (which are excellent by the way) go superfast. Be ready as soon as they go on sale. We missed out booked Scouts instead, however we did eventually pick two up after the resale day and people had put them back on the market.

55 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

er, no it isn't. no queues in or out of the carpark, no more than a few minutes walk from your car to the entrance, showers, proper toilets and hand basins. more space and generally much quieter. it's no further away from the fence than most of the campervan fields, and "further away from everything" is obviously not true as it's quite a lot closer to various amenities/stages on the south of the site than some general camping areas.

you can make the case for whether those are pluses or minuses depending on your view of the festival, but it's blatantly not "exactly the same".

You have missed the point. Which ones of those make it 'easier for your body to recover'?

In WV you are sleeping in a tent. No different to sleeping in a tent in the main site.

5 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

You have missed the point. Which ones of those make it 'easier for your body to recover'?

In WV you are sleeping in a tent. No different to sleeping in a tent in the main site.

there is little point in arguing with these people. They have to justify spending the obscene sums of cash to themselves, and thinking sleeping in a tent that cost hundreds of pounds is more comfortable than sleeping in a tent that you bring with you is just part of it.

The sad thing is this campsite is ever expanding :(

6 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Not if you get a podpad!

Flying in from America and then taking a coach, it was a big relief for me to not have to worry about lugging in a tent or sleeping bag.

I think that for a lot of people, myself included, its the benefit of having your tent/spot sorted and not worrying that your going to end up stuck in a bad spot because you cant make it over until Thursday/Friday evening. I would rather get there early Wednesday morning and get the spot we used to the last times we went over, but it likely isn't possible.

31 minutes ago, russycarps said:

there is little point in arguing with these people. They have to justify spending the obscene sums of cash to themselves, and thinking sleeping in a tent that cost hundreds of pounds is more comfortable than sleeping in a tent that you bring with you is just part of it.

The sad thing is this campsite is ever expanding :(

no queues in or out of the carpark, no more than a few minutes walk from your car to the entrance, showers, proper toilets and hand basins.generally much quieter.

3 minutes ago, willd255 said:

Don't think it's something worth arguing over - if people want to spend their money on it, why shouldn't they be able to? As someone who's done it I would say it's not worth it - but if people want to no need to try make them feel bad about it!

because people with more money than sense are generally entitled c**ts.

19 minutes ago, russycarps said:

because people with more money than sense are generally entitled c**ts.

Now your sounding like the c**t. The bell tents work out to be £140 per person. That's a few days work for most. We're not talking about obscene amounts of money that would make your eyes water. I've done general camping 3 times and worthy view once and will be doing it again next year hopefully. Glastonbury is 10 of my annual 22 holiday allowance, if I see the worth in spending £140 to have a far shorter walk from the car and pre-pitched tent when I turn up on my holiday. Then that's my prerogative, you may spend your money on ways I wouldn't see the worth in. Doesn't mean your an entitled rich c**t does it? Let people spend the money they earn on what the f they want to.

25 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Now your sounding like the c**t. The bell tents work out to be £140 per person. That's a few days work for most. We're not talking about obscene amounts of money that would make your eyes water. I've done general camping 3 times and worthy view once and will be doing it again next year hopefully. Glastonbury is 10 of my annual 22 holiday allowance, if I see the worth in spending £140 to have a far shorter walk from the car and pre-pitched tent when I turn up on my holiday. Then that's my prerogative, you may spend your money on ways I wouldn't see the worth in. Doesn't mean your an entitled rich c**t does it? Let people spend the money they earn on what the f they want to.

Yep and it's my prerogative to say it how I see it.

Take the tipi field for example. The toilets were dirty and the showers were cold the other year. The result? Massive complaints and demands for free tickets and compensation, which the festival caved in to. You think anything like that would ever happen in general camping if a blocks of toilets had skidmarks in them? Of course not. Because we dont have a sense of entitlement after paying over the odds.

Exclusivity never, ever has a positive impact.

Edited by russycarps

There may be some that are entitled but you can't say everyone choosing to stay in Worthy View are entitled. Many people have questioned me spending £240 odd plus flights and buses to spend "5 days in a muddy field".

And again, everyone has different reasons for camping in WV.

2 hours ago, Eks101 said:

clearly it's you who has missed the point.

not being stuck in the car for 12 hours to get on site means your body will be better rested and less recovery.

not being in a queue at the gates for 3 hours to get camped with friends means your body is better rested and less recovery.

not having to lug gear for a mile or 2 from the general carparks means your body is better rested and less recovery.

a hot shower and better cleanliness can help aid recovery and make you feel better too.

a much quieter campsite and better built tents meant easier to sleep.

having done both, WV was far more relaxing experience.

and as mentioned, it's clearly not "much further away from everything", which is an utterly daft statement.

48 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep and it's my prerogative to say it how I see it.

Take the tipi field for example. The toilets were dirty and the showers were cold the other year. The result? Massive complaints and demands for free tickets and compensation, which the festival caved in to. You think anything like that would ever happen in general camping if a blocks of toilets had skidmarks in them? Of course not. Because we dont have a sense of entitlement after paying over the odds.

Exclusivity never, ever has a positive impact.

I think the real entitled c**ts are the one's who pee on the land and leave their gear. They in the end will see the demise of Glastonbury far quicker than worthy view goers. So if I was you I wouldn't be worried about the minority who splash a bit more on their Glastonbury experience to have an easier setup day - because after setup is done it's the same experience really.