Next time I will...

budvar

I did this after last year's festival and a few people seem to have found it useful so let's go for it again while this year is fresh in our minds.

Personally, next time I will:

• go up the ribbon tower (despite the queue)
  • bring more pairs of long socks
  • remember to bring my gloves for carrying stuff
  • get another massage in the greenfields on the Thursday

Reply with what you'll do next time and I'll endeavour to give you a timely nudge.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy walking boots or invest in decent wellies (serious blisters).

See Mik Artistic (missed AGAIN despite promising myself I would go).

Don't bring a trolley if it's muddy - plan accordingly and only take rucksacks. (Parking in Pink 55 was not fun with a trolley at all).

Maybe try my hand at camping a bit nearer to the action. Woodsies was fine...but that extra bit to Darble is a bit too much. Especially as I seem to be at park/avalon/shangri-la at night time.

2 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Yep, STILL not climbed the Ribbon Tower. FFS....

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

Me either! I want to do it next year. 

Finally did it this year late Wednesday night. If you have the option, definitely climb at night. The view is nice enough, but not particularly better than from the sign, arguably worse. However going up whilst the ribbons are all illuminated and colour cycling is utterly wonderful. Really quite something.

3 hours ago, budvar said:

I did this after last year's festival and a few people seem to have found it useful so let's go for it again while this year is fresh in our minds.

Personally, next time I will:

• go up the ribbon tower (despite the queue)
  • bring more pairs of long socks
  • remember to bring my gloves for carrying stuff
  • get another massage in the greenfields on the Thursday

Reply with what you'll do next time and I'll endeavour to give you a timely nudge.

Those three are exactly the same as mine! My hands were cut to fuck from carrying 'bags for life'! 

remember that there is an alternative entrance to climbing through a muddy hole to get into the piano bar (at least that was what I think it was, daughter on a mission to find hidden areas). The rope was covered in mud and it took my son and husband pulling n pushing to get me in.

Also more research, got took to the front of the queue to the rabbit hole but needed to answer a question. In my wine fuddled state would have been better off staying in the queue n gave up :-(

buy small tarpaulins from £1 shop before I go.

on the plus I learnt a few lessons from last year, took a small cool bag n ice pack for wine and decided not to keep eating noodles just because it was the only place without a queue. Took time to go to the circus.