Tell us about your 'Moment'

parsonjack

Had my 'moment' unexpectedly early this year....3 songs into James' set on Friday....god knows why but I think it was a combination of a tough few months at work, some recent health worries, the rollercoaster with the weather on the run up, and the news that morning but I suddenly realised that we were here, it was happening and for a few days we could forget everything outside the fence.  Smiled to myself a little and then , wham, hit me like a f*cking tidal wave, full on tears the lot.

Lovely :)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First one hit during Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott when he sang Caravan of Love, just a apt song for recent events and the way I was feeling after the referendum result.

second was during Bat for Lashes when she sang Laura, was just magnificent

2 minutes ago, blue6field said:

First one hit during Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott when he sang Caravan of Love, just a apt song for recent events and the way I was feeling after the referendum result.

This was great. They were ace and this was the highlight of their set for me.

Art Garfunkel singing The Boxer 2 songs into his set. Caught me off guard and I completely lost it.

Went to pieces a bit during The Scientist watching Coldplay. A combination of the love that was passing between the band and the crowd and being surrounded by all my friends. 

The biggest moment though was crowd surfing on a rubber dingy at Wheel Of Four Tunes on Thursday night. Never have I been so excited and slightly terrified all at the same time!

I was up at the JP on Friday at about 5pm watching half moon run, and with absolutely knackered legs thought I'd have a little sitdown by the side as it was quite quiet and listen to the tunes while I people watched - there was a mum and dad with their two little daughters, maybe 5 and 8 - the elder one was disabled, but she was having a really big dance with her mum and she had the most amazing smile on her face - it set me off blubbing like a big twat at the time, and as I'm typing this I'm crying again!

knobhead me :lol:

i didn't want to go and bother them, they were busy and didn't need a big crying hulk of a man telling them how ace they were, but jeez it was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. 

I've had weepy moments over the years at Glasto:

Primal Scream on their other stage Screamadelica set - an epic set, my favourite moment at any festival

Arcade Fire - Wake Up....amazing

And bizarrely at Mary J Blige last year, I have no idea what happened, but when it rained to No More Pain I just went....I cant really remember doing it but I get reminded a lot :o

I had a couple but Friday just seemed to be a series of moments designed to make me beam/cry a little.

My favourite was walking through Greenpeace in the afternoon and walking past the big vertical slide they had on the side of the rocket. There was a little girl aged about eight or nine at the top and she was hesitating, clearly a little scared about going down it. Her parents were encouraging her from the bottom of the slide and next thing I knew everyone around me was cheering her on, shouting that she could do it and encouraging her. She came down with a crowd of about fifty giving her a massive cheer and celebrated with her at the bottom with lots of people high fiving her. She looked thrilled.

It made me so happy to see people help her get over her fear and celebrate with her when she did. 

18 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

All My Friends.

Obvious, I know, but true.

For me, All My Friends will be the longest lasting memory, but the biggest WOW moment I think, was when the bass kicked in during Limit to your Love at James Blake, blew me away

I had one in the T&C area on Thursday. Taking in all the madness going on around and the beauty of the place, all these people coming together etc., and just thinking "hello again". Had to swallow hard though, you'd look a bit weird crying while watching Lekiddo, Lord of the Lobsters.

The unexpected ones are the good ones really. There are a lot of opportunities for 'moments' that you know are going to happen - like, say, going with all your friends to see LCD doing All My Friends - but those always feel a bit hollow to me because I've gone out of my way to experience that moment. 

This is going to sound really w*nky, and I wasn't going to post about it, but seeing as you asked ;)

In 2014 me and the hubby randomly got chatting to Al Doyle. We were struggling with my husband's wheelchair through some mud and he offered to help out. We've very loosely stayed in touch with him ever since, just via Twitter. 

I'm guessing he must've seen that we were there this year and on Sunday morning we woke up to a message from him asking if we'd like a 'convenient place' to watch LCD that night! Given the weather we jumped at the chance. Al met up with us and sorted us out with some wristbands so we could watch them from the side of the stage. 

We also managed to get completely cleaned up in the backstage area, where everyone was mega helpful, it was awesome. Whether Al had thought that we might have been struggling in the mud or just wanted us to experience another side of the festival, we were really touched at the random act of kindness. Not having to spend our final night attempting to find the least-worst place to catch a glimpse of LCD really made our festival.

And being that close to James Murphy jumping around like a maniac and singing like his life depended on it was a sight to behold!