Tell us about your 'Moment'

parsonjack

14 hours ago, crocodiles said:

They were great not a massi ve crowd but sounded brilliant especially agape and elysium.  I'm new to them be desperately looking for tickets for Manchester without success I'm desperate to see them again 

I've got tickets for the Manchester gig. Just sayin' :P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already given a moment but I just recalled this one which was too good for me not to document it somewhere.

Early hours of Wednesday morning in the campervan queue. About 4 am I think. I was sat in the van,    everyone was very quiet around us and all I could hear was Husband chatting to our van neighbour behind us. I had just put the kettle on which was gently approaching a whistle (I love this) when someone several cars on started playing Lady by the Commodores.

Suddenly all of these things together made me feel emotional. Yes, we were in a queue and had been on the road for 18 hours, but we were here. We were almost on site. All the ticket trauma, planning, queuing, tiredness was all worth it. In that moment I felt I was at Glastonbury.     

A few this year.

'No Ones Gonna Love You' by Band of Horses is very close to me, linked into the stillbirth we had in 2012, my wife being very ill after and then we had it played during our Wedding Ceremony later that year. It's a great song but even the opening chords did for me on a Sunday evening at Glastonbury.

'Someone Great' by LCD. I only realised while they were playing it what it was about.

At the end of Hobo Jones set on Friday, singing along to the Levellers. Just that glorious feeling of being home.

'The Perfect Kiss' by New Order. Never seen them play it and recognised it from the opening three seconds. Glorious.

I often feel like I'm on the verge of TOJ (Tears of Joy) while at Glastonbury

Just sat at work on a Friday afternoon listening to Ezra Furman, and Haunted Head took me right back to The Park. That was brilliant with the sun out and great music. With all the mud this year and continual drinking from the Wednesday it really caught up with me by the Sunday this time. For the first time ever I said that I had big doubts whether I'd come back again.  

It's good what a rest can do for you. Tickets willing I'll be back next year for number 12 :)

On 28/06/2016 at 5:14 PM, actionstations said:

Before Cassetteboy & DJ Rubbish on the Glade, watching Touretteshero and just laughing so much I couldn't cope (during the "we're waving at cats but they're not waving back" song). The combination of the shrillness of her voice and my addled brain drove me into a hysteria which continued for some time...

This was show was funny, sweary, clever, brave and positively life-affirming and put me on the edge ....

After Cassetteboy, wandered over to Avalon in time for this ....

On 01/07/2016 at 2:10 PM, Alfred said:

An unexpected one was watching Mitch Benn when he brought his daughter out on to the stage to help him out with a song. She had a great voice and clearly was loving being on stage at Glastonbury. I thought it was great that she was living out a dream as someone no older than her early teens and great also that she got the spirit of Glasto completely.

Lost it!

On 28 June 2016 at 1:58 PM, TheNewUnion said:

Major - Paul Carrack Living Years (I wasn't the only one either)

Yes, massively this! It's a song that reminds me of being with my Dad, and Carrack's whole set was a unexpected joy considering I hadn't a clue he was even playing there. We were up there early for Art Garfunkel, and Paul Carrack stole the show. 

On 28 June 2016 at 2:09 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I had about three during the Dance Bowie Dance DJ set up at Stonebridge, knowing that times to come together to celebrate the man were falling further and further into the past without attending a Bowie convention or something similarly hard core. 

I'm so glad we made the choice to miss a few bands we also wanted to see, for this brilliant Bowie celebration. Met lots of wonderful like-minded fans and there were many tears in the eyes throughout. One of my festival highlights! 

The other 'moments' happened during Underworld and LCD's incredible sets, and there were many of them. Blissful.

I had so many moments!

Getting into the rabbit hole as VIP because we were in fancy dress on the Thursday and Craig Charles being on and playing an absolutely amazing set! Was such an amazing atmosphere in there.

Musically my favourite moment was John Grant GMF - my friend and I singing to each other at the top of our voices and feeling so happy I could have burst! Also have to say that for lots of reasons someone like you Adele made me cry like a baby!!

My festival highlight however wasn't musical - it was standing after about 10 attempts of falling in the mud to get up the hill at the Glastonbury sign on the Sunday night - it was absolutely the most perfect ending to 5 days that I will never forget.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2016 at 3:04 PM, jennilily said:

Getting into the rabbit hole as VIP because we were in fancy dress on the Thursday and Craig Charles being on and playing an absolutely amazing set! Was such an amazing atmosphere in there.

Oooh very jealous of that one, sounds fantastic!!

Howdy, lurked about this forum for a while now and thought it was time I got involved!

This was my second year at Glastonbury and I've got two moments that come to mind straight away.

The first happened on the Friday when my group of 3 all wanted to see different acts so I went off on my own to watch Bring Me the Horizon. Considering all the gigs and festivals I've been to before it was the first time I had watched an act on my own. Although alone I felt totally part of something and just started to feel overwhelmed but in a great way!

The second was on the Saturday. CHVRCHES. The highlight for me when the line-up was first released. From the moment the music started I could myself on an emotional knife edge. I love that band. I love the sound. I love the lyrics. I love the style. I love them. I can only apologise to the girls in front of me for my constant singing of every song! I just couldn't hold it in. The high I was in afterwards made me totally forget I had a mad dash to make to Adele as I just floated about feeling all blissful :)

On 02/07/2016 at 7:48 PM, Martin Ashford said:

Coldplay had managed to invoke the true spirit of Glastonbury. It lasted for ages. I realised I was on a massive natural high that could not be broken.

Beautiful post.  I'm guessing I wasn't that far from the position you were and came away exactly the same, energised, enthused and feeling that there was no better way you could end a festival than the experience I had just shared with a fantastic crowd of people.

To the poster who mentioned M83, I ummed and ahhed all weekend about going and ended up chosing New Order, who I enjoyed, but that M83 gig on iplayer looks class.  Hope you enjoyed your nangs, as long as you don't leave a mess I have no problem with nos, shame the law (as it was) meant that such a litter creating and noisy workaround was necessary for people to enjoy a relatively benign substance.  If we had more sensible drug laws people could just use some sort of pen like vaping and it would no longer be antisocial (sorry to go off topic).

This year for us was particulary hard. My best friend passed away in January who also had tickets. He was really looking forward to it too. Me, My girlfriend and his fiance were and are super close and we were very much looking forward to it. The last time we went was when Coldplay headlined and he was moaning that he didn't want to watch them, he thought they were rubbish etc. but we had such an amazing time and we all cried with how happy we were.

This year when we went to watch coldplay, I spent the whole set on the floor in floods of tears. Very difficult.

You may have seen our group walking around, we all had white t-shirts on with a silloheutte of his face and Ricky on the back. We wore these all day and night saturday as below, that was special.

IMG_3338.JPG

It's a difficult task to follow the post above (tons of respect for sharing your story)

My moment was the fact I'd basically resigned myself to not being able to see Fisherman's Friends in the acoustic tent on the Sunday and in a twist of events I managed to arrive 2 songs in to their set.

Just me and my mate singing sea shanty's having split off from the rest of our group along with an incredible vibe amongst the crowd it made me feel like I was floating.

Then straight after the bootleg beatles were on. WOW. I'd convinced myself that watching what is ultimately a cover's band at the festival was a waste of valuable time but the atmosphere was amazing. Every single person knew every word to every song.

My moment was just getting through the bloody gates and actually arriving against all the the odds.

Those odds being, Dad placed in dementure unit, Mum having stroke and being paralyzed down left side, new baby arriving and nearly missing it, nearly loosing job, inheriting a family financial mess and becoming a care worker from 200 miles away - even the cat dying - all in the space of 3 months! 2016 has been year zero for me so far.

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

My moment was just getting through the bloody gates and actually arriving against all the the odds.

Those odds being, Dad placed in dementure unit, Mum having stroke and being paralyzed down left side, new baby arriving and nearly missing it, nearly loosing job, inheriting a family financial mess and becoming a care worker from 200 miles away - even the cat dying - all in the space of 3 months! 2016 has been year zero for me so far.

Bloody hell and I thought I hadn't had a good 2016!  Between you and @PudForever I feel positively blessed!  Happier vibes to you both