Tell us about your 'Moment'

parsonjack

Trainspotting was one of a few films that was watched religiously as I was growing up with my mates so when Born Slippy came on it was a really goosebump hairs standing on end experience, intensified even more with a skinful of Mandy - almost wanted to cry and still do every time I watch the short video I recorded of "the break" ahhhhhhhhhh

also;

sunrise at stone circle early Sunday morning, everyone cheering and applauding as the first few cracks of sunlight came piercing through - magical !

At 3am watching a guy called Gerald play voodoo Ray (a song also growing up to whilst recreationally indulging as teenagers) then 2 days later meeting him after his set at spike bar ! 

Still having moments now if I'm honest and really don't want them to end !

Much love to all X 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few lovely moments for me this year, and I think it was my favourite Glastonbury ever.

Getting engaged at West Holts on Friday afternoon and not actually believing that something so romantic and just generally pretty cool was happening to me.

Seeing Bat for Lashes do Laura brought tears to my eyes - her voice is absolutely gorgeous.

An unexpected one was LCD Soundsystem doing All My Friends. I've never really listened to them much but always enjoyed what I heard on the radio and as the reviews of them at Primavera were good, I decided to go along. I had so much fun at the set, it felt like everyone was having a great time and by the time they played All My Friends I just felt so incredibly happy. It was the perfect end to the festival.

Then on Monday as we queued to leave the car park I had a little cry as I thought about how it might be my last Glastonbury and how much fun I'd have...made me determined to find a way to come back!

Adele for me, I was dragged kicking and screaming as wanted to watch New Order but my gang went for Adele. 10 minutes in I had tears rolling down my face and was passed a tissue by a kind lady behind me, I am built like a rugby player and stand 6ft 6 so not sure if she felt sorry for me or just couldn't stop laughing at me..... I will never see her again I don't think but am glad I went to see her then..... I thought she was amazing..... 

I had a couple this year, my first was during New Order when they played Love Will Tear Us Apart and I think the mixture of the joy of seeing them play and the sadness of seeing Ian Curtis on the screen meant that I needed a few minutes afterwards to sort myself out.

The second time was at the end of the festival and my friends son came up to me and some other friends in tears because he didn't want everyone to leave.

I have actually lost count of the amount of moments I've had this year, but it's safe to say it's definitely in double figures. Watching the sheer joy on my glasto virgin friends face did it for me. I was so proud of the festival. The best/worst/strongest and uncontrollable moment I had was during caravan of love at Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott. They are my idols. I'm a bit of a groupie. I sobbed like a little girl who's just found out the tooth fairy has been killed. I was right at the front in the middle on the barrier so I hope to god the TV  people didn't catch it!' Even the security lady was laughing at me  :rolleyes:

Edited by Curlygirl

1. Adele - singing 'Hometown'  with her backdrop of  London shots.  Living where I do now I do miss my hometown and City.

2. Adele - singing 'Photograph' and then film showing her old family photos - in one photo she was wearing the same toddler outfit as my twin daughters wore - I got a bit emotional about my girls then - all growed up now.  

I may add I was no Big Adele fan but she nailed it good and proper - great respect for her now. 

3. Finally, Madness - singing 'Kooks' - one of my favourite Bowie songs - always used to hum it to my girls.  Then out of the blue found myself and husband tearing up to that. 

With the bad weather and mud this year I was not looking forward to Glastonbury - it turned out to be one of my best.  

Adele. The entire crowd seemed to be sobbing around me for the whole set but I wasn't feeling particularly emotional. When We Were Young came on with that slideshow and I started weeping!

Bastille. Whilst not particularly emotional songs, I absolutely love seeing them live, and they are a band I have seen several times with my other half. When everyone in the crowd got down (and EVERYONE got down) then started jumping, I just had such a feeling of joy like I was where I was meant to be :wub:

Coldplay. Several times, both during their songs and their tributes. I think it was a combination of sheer exhaustion (that mud destroyed me), sadness at leaving, reflection over the events of the past week and utter joy at being with all my friends at the best festival ever.

I want to be back now!!!!!

Adele. Hometown glory. Stood at the back of the field taking in that view, hearing all those voices and realising we were all this one beautiful entity in a bubble. Not gonna lie, i was fighting back the tears. 

Years and Years.Ollys pride speach. I was on my own at this point and a few cans down and my heart went out to him. Bottom lip was wobbling. 

Acoustic rave. Bandstand. Just pure joy in the rain. Grew from so little, to all out ecstasy.

Coldplay. Those visuals!!! They made the pyramid feel 3 miles wide.

Sorry, got greedy.

- Adele singing her Dylan cover of 'Make You Feel My Love' was pretty special, especially from the hill seeing all the lights lit up. I'm another who wasn't her biggest fan before she began her set.

- My euphoric Glastonbury moment was watching Muse - Knights of Cydonia from the hill with 2 of our group as we were separated from the rest due to crowd congestion before their set. I knew my cousin was due to set off a flare and seeing it go up right at the end and knowing who it was made it that bit more special. [side note: flares rule. No pyro, no party]

19 hours ago, Francine said:

Adele. The entire crowd seemed to be sobbing around me for the whole set but I wasn't feeling particularly emotional. When We Were Young came on with that slideshow and I started weeping!

Bastille. Whilst not particularly emotional songs, I absolutely love seeing them live, and they are a band I have seen several times with my other half. When everyone in the crowd got down (and EVERYONE got down) then started jumping, I just had such a feeling of joy like I was where I was meant to be :wub:

Coldplay. Several times, both during their songs and their tributes. I think it was a combination of sheer exhaustion (that mud destroyed me), sadness at leaving, reflection over the events of the past week and utter joy at being with all my friends at the best festival ever.

I want to be back now!!!!!

Oh yes...when we were young. I was gone.

Many moments this year as always, but the two that stick out.

Up in the ancient futures tent this year when we had a powercut. All of a sudden I was with a group of strangers and we decided to create our own music until it came back on. Someone called Fergie who worked in the circus ground started beatboxing, I was the piano (hardest job I think ;)) and a lovely guy who storytells each year at the festival the lyricist. My mate tried to imitate some scratching.

We were out of it so after a few minutes sounded quite good, and entertained everyone for 5 mins or so. Me and my friend ended up going to see the storytellers tipi, I have never been in one of these and thought it was fantastic, so much space! I leant him my lighter for the fire and ended up with his, so will cherish it as a memory of the night.

That and a intimate performance from Mr Eavis of "Goodnight Irene, goodnight" a fantastic highlight also.

Only at Glastonbury.

Edited by joeltg

An unexpected one was watching Mitch Benn when he brought his daughter out on to the stage to help him out with a song. She had a great voice and clearly was loving being on stage at Glastonbury. I thought it was great that she was living out a dream as someone no older than her early teens and great also that she got the spirit of Glasto completely. Mitch Benn was a really good watch as usual!

"After years of not being quite musically talented enough for the normal stages, here I am, not quite funny enough for the cabaret tent"

On 6/29/2016 at 7:14 PM, McCor said:

Incredible, wasn't it? I'd been following the band for while having heard them via This Feeling about a year or so ago. To see that song on that stage was something else, especially given the circumstances.

Beyond incredible.  I am never going to be a Coldplay fan but that was something so beautiful and so very special to see.  I've watched it dozens of times since getting home and get choked every single time.  A really emotional and fitting tribute to a young band with their whole lives ahead of them.  

On the school run this morning I saw someone sitting on a wall dressed in the cutest bunny costume, holding a big red heart and waving at everyone, it felt like a Glastonbury moment, if my daughter hadn't seen it too I would of thought I was still tripping. 
Charm x

Had a few 

Although frowned upon on here, a few of my group who went to see M83 the Saturday night had the time of our lives, and all had a nos balloon half way through midnight city, coming back around just as the sax gets going, one of the best moments I've ever had

All of Coldplay, always liked them but the atmosphere that Sunday night at the pyramid was something else

Many, many more great times over the weekend, didn't realise how much difference the sun made though. Last G my favourite memory was the whole Sunday night through to Monday morning, pink sky's at Arcadia through to the Chem Bros then the whole of our group lying around stone circle with speakers and a fire going religiously smoking joints clapping as the sun came up. Getting to stone circle on the Monday morning this year was just a totally different experience and not even half as enjoyable. 

Fuck a line up give me sun and dry ground for the 5 days next June, it's all I ask 

I'm having another moment now.  I am revisiting the sets on the iPlayer and am now watching/listening to Sigur Ros through the hifi (turned up loud, as I have the house to myself today).  Watching it again, I realise even more how special that show was.  It really did fit into the John Peel stage, with the light show really adding to the stunning sound.  Epic!

I had two big moments. The first one was when I was in the front row when Michael Evis sang at Croissant Neuf and pointed at me while singing 'can't help falling in love with you' during the secret gig which @Sawdusty Surfer told us about and who I had the pleasure to meet. Thanks a lot for telling us all in advance!

The second moment was when I was front row at Hell Stage when Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker had their DJ set and suddenly VIPs such as Rita Ora joined in and danced with us. Towards the end, Kevin Parker walked towards us and I gave him a hug. I also met amazing people there. 

The community spirit made every single moment magical at Glastonbury but these two will stick with me forever.

Reading this makes me realise I'm not the only one when I heard elysium by bears den I had tears streaming down my cheeks and thought get a grip man nobody else is doing this . But obviously I was wrong ....I'm watching James back now and I've gone again