Tell us about your 'Moment'

parsonjack

1 hour ago, Grayman said:

At the end of 'Mr Blue Sky' when he says Mr Blue Sky in the electronic voice... brought a tear to my eye and I just shouted "Yesssssss!!!!!!!"

This was a great moment, but Richard Tandy doesn't say "Mr blue sky" at the end, it's "please turn me over"

Edited by kevin0410

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

I cried all the way through Cold Play , and before that at the Years and Years when he did his little speech

Ditto, had a real shit house of a year, and in those moments I couldn't have been more thankful for the music, the experience, the moment, and my husband and friends.

I am useless as I get older . Went when James finally started as I thought I'm here I'm finally here and seeing live music at glastonbury.  Also when I heard elysium by bears den so beautiful.  Sitting in strummerville late sat night taking in the lights the sounds below. 

Actually when I saw the NHS choir. Their voices were beautiful and they looked just as grateful as I was to be there. Got given an 'I <3 NHS' sign to hold up and as an employee for the NHS I definitely got a bit overwhelmed.

When LCD launched into Us vs Them and I was going fucking mental, only to look over and see the woman next to me doing the same thing. We both made eye contact in a "how fucking great is this?!" manner. 

The whole atmosphere in that crowd was amazing. It felt like all however many thousands of us were all best friends - as if you had thousands of friends and all went to a night club together and belted out every word in unison. 

Edited by jparx

1. Accidentally stumbling into the Leftfield tent on Brexit day and hearing Jeremey Hardy talking about how his father had died three weeks previously, and of the magnificent care he had received from NHS staff of all nationalities.

2. Richard Hawley, Park Stage, Friday night, encoring with Coles Corner - middle aged men all around in floods of tears, myself included - the most romantic song about my home town ever written.

Both were incredibly moving, and at least temporarily restored my pride in my country of birth on a day when it was so badly needed.

Edited by mikeydredlox

On Wednesday night I decided to walk past the Sub Aqua place to the top of Pyramid hill. I walked down the hill and could see the lights of the Pyramid in the distance and I remember thinking to myself "I'm finally here, I've been waiting all year for this"

Also Sam Lee going into the crowd and doing that acapella song brought on a lump in my throat.

Edited by BlackHole2006

1 minute ago, BlackHole2006 said:

On Wednesday night I decided to walk past the Sub Aqua place to the top of Pyramid hill. I walked down the hill and could see the lights of the Pyramid in the distance and I remember thinking to myself "I'm finally here, I've been waiting all year for this"

Also Sam Lee going into the crowd and doing that acapella song brought on a lump in my throat.

We were at Sam Lee too but i didn't see you. Also i was convinced i was sitting near you in the bar at Williams Green on Sunday morning, but i didn't have the courage to say hello

2 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Art Garfunkel singing The Boxer 2 songs into his set. Caught me off guard and I completely lost it.

Went to pieces a bit during The Scientist watching Coldplay. A combination of the love that was passing between the band and the crowd and being surrounded by all my friends. 

The biggest moment though was crowd surfing on a rubber dingy at Wheel Of Four Tunes on Thursday night. Never have I been so excited and slightly terrified all at the same time!

Ha ha!  I was there - it was brilliant!  How did you get chosen?

Just now, Mardy said:

We were at Sam Lee too but i didn't see you. Also i was convinced i was sitting near you in the bar at Williams Green on Sunday morning, but i didn't have the courage to say hello

Yeah I was quite near the front on the left hand side with my parents for that one - they had never heard of Sam and said they really enjoyed it. Don't think that could have been me in the bar at Williams Green, I was cleaning myself up in my parents caravan after stepping into a deep muddy puddle the night before. Was nice to say hi to you at the meet though!

Two for me this year:

1. Christine and the Queens - St Claude. The precursor story leading up to the song set the scene, then when she sang I couldn't hold the tears back any longer.

2. Shura - 2shy. An already impressive set up to the point when she belted out this one. One of my favs anyway but again floods of tears on this one.

Love Glasto and the Glasto folk :)

First time poster here so take it easy on me!

My personal 'moment' was whilst watching Saint Etienne on Sunday evening up at The Park when Sarah Cracknell dedicated one of their songs to a lovely lady called 'Win' who was celebrating her 77th birthday and was attending her first ever Glastonbury! Turns out she was right down at the front when she put her hand up. The crowd then sang Winny....Winny....Winny.

Made me well up anyway :)

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

That's such a nice story. What a lovely bloke Al Doyle is, would've been a nice thing to do for a good friend let alone someone he's in loose contact with! 

Yep, that's exactly what we thought - just a genuine random act of kindness as far as I could see. He also gave us both a massive hug immediately after coming off stage. We got a nod from James Murphy too. Al's euphoria was so clear to see. We had a brief chat with him after, before setting off into the night. I mentioned how great the crowd looked and he said they gave them so much back - the band were clearly thrilled at their reception - so well done to all of you!

I had a couple of moments during Mercury Rev who were just fantastic, but the one that caught me off guard was during Cyndi Lauper doing Time after Time! I'm not exactly a massive fan as I just know the hits, but nostalgia / the crowd / her talking about love and not hate beforehand made it perfect.

After hellish journey weds, in shuttle bus to spring ground and seeing again the whole site at dusk with the lights coming on was just breathtaking.

Blossoms was the first band I wanted to see and the manic Monday cover just made me so happy to be there.

Saturday Adele set fire to the rain, then someone like you both choked me up because I was fittingly watching with someone very special to me.

Sunday sat watching Coldplay at home as I'd left early, bringing on Barry gibb I was very teary and so wanted to be back there in that crowd. 

Edited by slash's hat

When PJ Harvey stopped and read out "No man is an Island" by John Donne. A very powerful moment and brought a lump to my throat but not in a good way.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

pjharveyglasto.jpg

I didn't expect to enjoy Adele's set but I was in tears during When We Were Young. Then again when Coldplay played tribute to Viola Beach. Another was when Ezra Furman covered my favourite Arcade Fire song with Crown of Love and I was beaming at that moment.

Also the amount of people I saw helping those stuck in the mud put a proper smile on my face. One girl dropped her phone in the mud on Pyramid Field and as she reached down she decked it. I wasn't too close to her at this point but no one bothered helping her up. I ran up and grabbed her hand and ended up covered in mud myself. She was next to tears but she was so thankful and that made me feel good about myself in a daft way.