Unexpectedly good sets

rpfranks

Which sets did you go in to blind but loved it?

For me it was Caravan Palace. Had never listened to them before and we stumbled across them by chance while getting some food. Incredible energy and a really feel-good set. Just a shame they were on so early as they deserved more than that small crowd. I will definitely look in to seeing them when they come to Birmingham in November!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They disappointed me. Thought it started off amazing but then just petered away into samey mediocrity before ending on a high. 

Never heard of them before so was impressed. But yeah a bit samey at times but they're rocking.

That was so loud.

It really was!

Edited by The Nal

Art Garfunkel.

Having witnessed the disaster which was Paul Simon a few years ago, and having heard about his lost voice and his liking for reading poems, I didn't expect too much.

OK, so his voice did lack a bit on the highest notes, And yes, he did read a couple of awful poems. But he did all the songs Paul Simon didn't do, and more besides. And for someone 74 years young, he was pretty remarkable.

Coldplay were out of this world for me, magical. I've seen Years & Years before but they blew me away at Glastonbury, the singers voice is amazing. Also saw Michael Kiwanuka by chance walking past the West Holts stage and he was exceptional, got himself a new fan here. 

45 minutes ago, Quark said:

Churches for me.  Knew very little about them or any of their songs, but ended up being there as the best music / mud option before New Order.  Very pleasantly surprised, and thought they nailed it.

Loved Chvrches, one of the highlights of my weekend.