Rate the acts you saw

FloorFiller

Pretty simple - give the acts you saw over the weekend a mark out of ten, and if you want, why

Friday:

Orchestra of Syrian Musicians - came so close to missing this due to feeling pretty ropey and none of my friends really being up for it, but managed to convince one to come and he loved it, and as did i. really good mix of songs - both familiar and not - and they seemed to be loving it. 9/10

Skepta - the place, as expected, went off, and it felt so triumphant to have him up there with the rest of the BBK crew. 8/10

Vince Staples - didn't pull the biggest crowd, but was ace. managed to squeeze a shitload of songs in to his hour and is a very funny guy. 8/10

ZZ Top - again, had to force people to go with me, and tbh once i got there i kind of regretted it. i do like some of their songs, but they also have a lot of stuff i'm not familiar with and kind of lost my interest. i think i would've preferred to have gone to see Bring Me The Horizon, if only for the comedy/nostalgia factor. 6/10

Foals - nailed it. i don't really listen to them that much anymore, but live they're just fantastic, and it was great to hear another song from Total Life Forever being played. crowd around me seemed well up for it as well. 9/10

Sigur Ros - fuck me. i'd kind of prepared myself to be slightly underwhelmed due to the type of shows they're doing and the venue they were in, but was anything but. whole thing was incredibly euphoric. crowd was fantastic. light setup they had was mind blowing. me and my friends got pretty damn emotional. 10/10

Saturday:

Car Seat Headrest - unfortunately turned up a little late to this but what i saw was pretty damn good, and got to hear my favourite song by them Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales. was fucking shattered though so struggled to really get in to it. 7/10

Cat's Eyes - loved this. there was a fair bit of fucking around between songs but fortunately Faris is a pretty funny guy so made light of it all. great early day set. 9/10

Jagwar Ma - finally got to see them and they were ace. crowd was absolutely loving it and everybody around was dancing. 9/10

Kurt Vile - haven't really been able to get in to his new album as i find it all very monotonous, so for me the set fell a bit flat. didn't help that my friend kept reminding me how he thought he was shit. 6/10

Tame Impala - was mming and ahhing over choosing to go to see them right until the last minute, but i'm glad i did. thought they were ace, and the crowd was surprisingly up for them. though they were gonna be a bit boring but i was dead wrong. 8/10

Adele - a prime example of just how much a good crowd can change a gig. people were going mental, belting out the songs until their throats were raw, and there was a real air of excitement before it started. not to diminish Adele's performance, because she was fantastic. probably the most all out fun i had all weekend as it was the one set that all of my friends joined me for. 10/10

Sunday:

Kamasi Washington - unfortunately i was feeling pretty shit this day so my plan to get down and boogie was scarpered by force feeding myself a burger that made me feel worse. i also feel like the lack of choir makes a big difference. although the final song, The Rhythm Changes, really perked me up, and Patrice Quinn(?) nailed those vocals (was shocked when she hit all the notes at the end). 7/10

Bat for Lashes - was still feeling pretty fragile by this point, but fortunately she was really great. me and my friend had a simultaneous little cry during Laura, and by the time Daniel was played i was back in business. 9/10

Band of Horses - surprisingly great. the one-two of The Funeral and Is There A Ghost was just insane - the crowd went wild. even the songs i wasn't all too familiar with i enjoyed a lot. 8/10

Beck - gave it his absolute all, but it was pretty apparent from the get-go that the crowd wasn't there to see him. made a few little comments on it during the show but didn't let that stop him. just wish he didn't play so heavily from Guero. 8/10

LCD Soundsystem - what needs to be said? incredible. was absolutely off my nut for this and the whole experience was just amazing and really seemed to fly by. not even a guy pissing all over my leg could bring this one down. 10/10

i saw bits and pieces of other acts over the weekend but not enough to rate em. saw a couple of songs from The Last Shadow Puppets and decided going for a poo was a far better idea than watching those two dickheads, although the songs i saw weren't terrible

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Davis DJ set 2/10 didn't realise he was on stage until about 20 mins in. Part of the problem was large crowd for a small venue and couldn't really hear it.maybe I'm being harsh.

Glastonbowie 2/10 just a disaster and felt sorry for the performers.

The Smyths 9/10 finally got my glasto going with a cracking set, great crowd and it was my mates 30th bday (his fave band is the smiths) which made it all the more special.

a DJ in shangri-la 8/10 can't remember his name though. Was in a small room.

A Guy Called Gerald 7/10

James 6/10 I've never really been a fan anyway but Laid and Getting away with it were awesome.

Night Beats 7/10 really impressed and will be checking their albums.

Yak 8/10 same as Night Beats

Vince Staples 7/10 only caught a few songs but liked what I saw.

Explosions In The Sky 8/10 was over the moon that they played Your Hand In Mine.

Sigur Ros 10/10 one of the best things I've ever seen, topped the two previous times I have seen them. JP was the right stage for them.

Car Seat Headrest 8/10 was feeling awful but made the effort to go and wasn't disappointed.

Ozric Tentacles 9/10 Mindblowing visuals.

Kurt Vile 9/10 

Syd Arthur 7/10

Art Garfunkel 8/10

New Order 8/10

Mystery Jets 7/10

ELO 8/10

Beck 9/10 perfect setlist and he had the best Bowie/Prince tribute that I saw all week.

PJ Harvey didn't see enough to  but sure I would have loved it if I caught more than 2 songs.

LCD Soundsystem 10/10 what a way to finish off the festival.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Jess Glynne. Shuddered at the thought but had to compromise. Actually wasn't that bad, plus she brought the sunshine out so was happy. 6/10

ZZ Top. Didn't plan on seeing them but due to the mud i couldn't be bothered to move around. Really enjoyed them. 7/10

Foals. They were ok. Played a decent set. 7/10

Muse. Gutted i left before the end. Just watching now on iplayer, what a show! 9/10

Hot Chip remembers Prince. Biggest disappointment of the weekend. Expected a hit filled set but got something far too deep for how i was feeling at the time. Crowd didn't seem that fussed. 3/10

Madness. Completely what i expected. Lots of fun. Great sing-a-long 8/10

Last Shadow Puppets. Can't stand them but again due to the mud i didn't want to move. They weren't too bad to be honest whilst chilling. 6/10

Tame Impala. I was looking forward to seeing them and i thought they were great. Well deserving of the slot. 8/10

Adele. Oh my gaaaaawd. Amazing. Loved it. A special time at Glastonbury for everyone there. 10/10

Earth, Wind & Filler. I did enjoy it but it seemed they dragged out every song for ages. I thought they had more hits. Still a great show but looking back Coldplay looked way better. 8/10

Didn't see a Dj the whole festival. It's not bothering me too much right now but i can see it being a regret.

Anyway i'd give this year a solid 7 out of 10.

Roll on 2017

A few from the weekend....

Friday

Skepta - 8/10....bouncing

Vince Staples - 9/10....great set and had great banter with the crowd which I wasn't expecting

Foals - 10/10....nailed it, awesome setlist

Saturday

Jagwar Ma - 7/10, I was feeling a little ropey at this stage so wasn't as in to it as usual but they are always good live

Kurt Vile - 6/10....as above, I was struggling, had to go for espresso to bring me round which everyone found hilarious. I should've known Kurt Vile wasn't the type to bring me round. I absolutely love all his albums though so maybe i'm being harsh.

Last Shadow Puppets - 7/10....was stood right at the back and only caught half of it but they weren't bad

Tame Impala - 9/10, as expected. Great set, had a good dance!

New Order - 6/10....maybe it was just me but it felt a little flat

Sunday

Catfish - 6/10....they are just a bit shit aren't they?

Coldplay - 9/10....they aren't my thing but promised the girlfriend and friends we would go. Just like the last time they put on a great show

ROLL ON 2017

James - 6 - my usual half arsed friday morning turn up to the Other stage.

Two Door Cinema Club - 8 - great setlist and performance despite conditions

Editors - 9 - never, ever disappoint live. On form.

Foals - 8 - mostly new to me, but excellent performance. Will be investigating their back catalogue.

Muse - 8 - technically excellent, but a bit samey given it was my 10th time seeing them. My Muse-noob friend said they were the best thing he saw.

Wolf Alice - 9 - seemless transition to the main stage. Was right up front, so not sure how it went down with the crowd.

Madness - 7 - enjoyable run of hits in the second half

Chvrches - 10 - sang every single word, and the sound at the front was incredible

M83 - 10 - so glad I did my homework on these in my quest to find a saturday headliner. A new favourite band.

Caravan Palace - 6 - they played well but not what my hangover needed.

Hinds - 5 - as above, but the screechy vocals pushed the set into annoyance. The Park isn't usually that loud is it?!

Bat for Lashes - 7 - disappointingly flat crowd for the first half... 2nd half was beautiful.

Ellie Goulding 20/10 for Love Me Like You Do. Didn't see anything else.

Beck - 7 - entertaining set despite the crowd (including myself) clearly waiting for Coldplay.

Coldplay - 10 - I've already given my thoughts elsewhere, but this was an undisputed classic. The perfect festival set.

Edited by Lubic87

Thursday:

Vaults - 8/10 definitely improved their live performance since I last saw them at TITP 2015

Friday:

James- 7/10 good way to start the set proper, not familiar with a lot of their new stuff though and yes I'll admit, I was let down there was no Sit Down

Blossoms- 7/10 they'll be big in a couple of years, felt the Other stage was too big for them at this stage though.

Two Door Cinema Club- 8/10 great to see the boys returning and the couple of tracks they played off the new album sounded great.

The Lumineers- 9/10 one of the highlights of the weekend for me, great energy on stage and great singalongs with a near perfect setlist.

Editors- 7/10 been dying to see them for years and they didn't disappoint, seeing Smokers Outside the Hospital Door was special. Had to leave before the end due to doing my back in but Pappilon sounded amazing.

Savages 8/10 lack of stage presence was a bit disappointing but some great tunes.

Richard Hawley 8/10 very entertaining, had good banter with the crowd but the technical difficulties were annoying. Also didn't play There's a Storm A Comin' which I was massively disappointed with, but put on a good enough show that I'll explore his music more!

Saturday:

Wolf Alice 6/10 felt extremely let down by Wolf Alice. I'm a huge fan and this was my third time seeing them but from where I was stood they just couldn't seem to get the crowd onside. Shame as they're one of the best live bands I've seen.

Madness 8/10 guilt tripped by my friend to go as I'm not a huge fan but what a performance! It was a good laugh and the run of One Step Beyond/Baggy Trousers/Our House was amazing. Definitely going to go back to their back catalogue after that.

The 1975 5/10 I know they get a lot of stick on here but I do love their records, but my God they were the let down of the weekend for me. Just didn't come across great live and Matt Healy is a bit of a prick.

Chvrches N/A saw the first couple of songs and they seemed alright, wouldn't seem fair to rate them.

Santigold N/A see above, saw last couple of songs and was perplexed 

James Blake 10/10 Wow. What a performance. I was right at the front and blown away by Blake. When Bon Iver came out I nearly lost my shit, incredible incredible stuff.

Sunday:

Hinds 9/10 Great way to start a Sunday afternoon and the girls put on a great show as well as being interesting and funny. Watch this space.

Bat for Lashes 8.5/10 mesmerising stuff from Natasha, but again the crowd didn't seem into it. I was the only one I could hear around me singing along to Laura for example which was a let down, thought that'd be a big sing along.

PJ Harvey 7/10 not a huge fan but was the best of the subbers for me, musically very talented and I enjoyed The Wheel, however she has the stage presence of a wet fish.

LCD Soundsystem 10/10 no words can describe it.

Friday: (weakest day for me)

James - 7

Elle King - 7

Frightened Rabbit - 5 (weather didn't help)

Lumineers - 6

ZZ Top - 7

Foals - 5

Muse - 4

Saturday:

Wolf Alice - 8.5

Madness - 7

LSP - 8

Garfunkel - 9

Adele - 8.5

Sunday:

CassetteBoy - 3 (couldn't see or hear it)

Heaton/Abbott - 7

ELO - 7

Beck - 9

Coldplay - 8

Wednesday -

Biggles Wartime Band. Fantastic. The perfect way to start. Funny, great crowd interaction. 10/10

Thursday -

Back to Basics - Went in the spaceport at Random times. Always good. 7/10

Vodka Jellies Featuring Michael Eavis. Live Karaoke. Fun. Eavis did 2 tunes. Including My way, WITHOUT Coldplay which is a bonus. I met michael afterwards too. 9/10

Friday

James - Great performance. Kicked off the main stages in style. Such energy for that time. Didn't do "Say Something" or "sit down" which was slightly annoying. 8/10

Dakkha Brakka - Unexpectedly fantastic. Knew nothing of them. Great fun. Ukrainian folk with added bounce. 10/10

Yak - Not as good as the last time I saw them. A bit too much screaming for me this time. 5/10

Jess Glynn. - Saw 35 mins or so whilst waiting for Zz Top. Much better than I expected, did a good job. She obviously enjoyed it. 7/10

ZZ Top - Loved it. Proper rock n Roll. Would have liked Viva Las Vegas. Otherwise spot on. 9/10

Roisin Murphy -  She is off her tits! In a really good way. The crowd near me were not into it. I enjoyed it though. 7/10

Underworld - SET OF THE WEEKEND! Blew me away. 10/10.

Carl Cox. Arcadia. Oh yes oh yes. 10/10

Saturday -

St Paul Broken Bones - Good live, but too many long slow ballads for me. Liked the livelier stuff, but found myself bored 4/10

Madness -  Never been a massive fan, but they were great. Really pleased I saw them. 9/10

Vessels - Saw virtually all of them in the glade. Nice surprise as knew nothing of them. 7/10.

Floating Points - Wasn't really feeling it. Disappointing. Probably its the fact I wasnt in the right frame of mind for it. 3/10

Sacked off the headliners and went to SE corner...

Shibuzu Orchestra - Bit underwhelmed. I expected more on the Hell stage. I should have watched new order. 4/10

Bez's Acid Bus  - Mike pickering was good, 808 State was very Good, Carl Cox was not the best. Especially after how good he was the night before. 6/10

Sunday

Touretteshero & Capt Hotknives - Brilliant stuff. Would recommend and see again. Funny and sincere. 9/10

Cassetteboy. Not as good as last year. Too samey. 4/10

Paul Heaton & Jackie Abbott - Great stuff. Really pleased I went to see them. 8/10.

ELO - Wasn't going to bother, but pleasef I did. They were good. A few songs that sound like John Lennons shit cast offs, but they got the crowd going and they were better than I expected. 7/10

Ellie Golding - Shit. I went to the Bar after ELO and watched from the side. Shit songs, shit voice. Just shit. It isnt my kind of thing, but neither is Jess Glynn and I enjoyed her. 0/10.

Beck - Fantastic. Shame about the crowd waiting to see Coldplay. I loved it though. 9/10

Cyndi Lauper - Still has some voice. Girls just wanna have fun and the acapella True Colours were obvious highlights. Drove all night was good. Enjoyable. Got an ok crowd too. 8/10

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Skepta - 8/10 - as fun as I expected it to be

Vince Staples - 9/10 - awesome

Editors - 8/10 - had never seen them live before and they didn't dissapoint for me

Foals - 9/10 - had seen them before so wasn't expecting to be blown away but they were very, very good.

Alunageorge - 7/10 - was really looking forward to them and it was good but not incredible

Disclosure - 6/10 - not really a fan, just felt a bit bored

Wolf Alice - 9/10 - never got into them too much before but the lead singer was so much fun

Band Of Skulls - 4/10 - utterly bored, only went because there was nothing else I wanted to see. Not for me.

Snakehips - 8/10 - Had no idea who they were before but it was a fun set

The 1975 - 3/10 - Again just not my thing

Tame Impala - 9/10 - Fantastic. As good as I expected

James Blake - 10/10 - Incredible performer, everything was perfect and the guests were a nice addition. Any fears I had about his music not translating to live performance were completely blown away

Hinds - 9/10 - Third time seeing them, I love them. Yes their voices arn't great but the songs are catchy and they always have so much fun

Bat For Lashes - 9/10 - nothing less than I expected, amazing. Was struggling from lack of sleep at this point but I made it through and still enjoyed her

Dua Lipa - 7/10 - good fun and nice to look at :)

Lapsley - 6/10 - this was the TBA set at Introducing. Seems like a nice girl but the music is a little dull for me

Craig David TS5 - 8/10 - utterly rammed, terrible location for it, couldn't get anywhere near the tent but it was still amazing fun, even if a little cheesy

Coldplay - 8/10 - at the last minute decided to end the festival with my mates rather than watching Grimes on my own, and despite having little interest in Coldplay they put on a really impressive show. And surprisingly I knew all the songs. It may have helped I was very drunk

Highlights in no particular order.  Also have to say I thought Glade were absolutely bang on the money this year, a superb, varied lineup.

Christine & The Queens, Other: 9/10.  Thought they were excellent, plenty of humour and little adlib'd moments, despite the rain.

Underworld, West Holts: 10/10.  Spot on, absolutely did the business.

Stereo MC's, Glade: 10/10.  Superb set, such energy and had the crowd going from start to finish.  Excellent.

Dreadzone, Glade: 9/10.  6th time I've seen them, always a festival favourite, despite missing MC Spee (get well soon!), they put on a great show.

Davos, Glade: 9/10.  Essential Sunday rave up at Glade.  Spot on old school bizzness.

Shades Of Rhythm, Arcadia: 8/10.  The only decent Sunset of the festival, throwing down some classics.

Earth, Wind & Fire, West Holts: 7/10.  Decent show to finish the festival on.

Roisin Murphy, West Holts: 8/10.  Great show, thoroughly enjoyed her set, good interaction with the crowd.

New Order, Other: 9/10.  Great set IMHO.

Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs, Avalon: 8/10.  Always a great laugh, delivered once again.

Preditah, Blues: 9/10.  Small but well up for it crowd, but dropped top drawer tracks.

Yak - hiding from the rain. Didn't really work for me, definitely too hungover. 4/10

ZZ Top - got bored quite quickly. 4/10

Billy Bragg - didn't fancy any Friday headliners so seemed a decent shout to finally go see him on EU ref day. Not really my cup of tea but glad we went. 7/10

Mbongwana Star - had been looking forward to this and it was pretty enjoyable. Could do with refining their live show a bit perhaps. 7/10

Shibusashirazu Orchestra (west holts) - Completely mental and brilliant in every way. This is how you do it. 10/10

Floating Points (live) - It's a really good live act but would have been better after dark, and the sound let them down a bit. 8/10

New Order - Bernard Sumner is pretty hopeless but this was pretty good. Atmosphere was great. 8/10

Phillip Glass heroes symphony - Like many I wasn't quite sure what I was watching here. Cool lights though. 4/10

C Duncan - Would have been a great sunny Sunday afternoon at the park act. Oh well. 7/10

Kamasi Washington - Brilliant. 9/10

Kwabs - Wasnt familiar but got drawn over by the sound and enjoyed the last bit of this. 7/10

PJ Harvey - Very good. 8/10

LCD soundsystem - saw them last month but they were better here. One of the best things I've ever seen at Glastonbury. 10/10

Shall just rate the acts I saw during the day, with some of my electronica memories being a tad blurry

Skepta 9/10 - this grime resurgence has really captured a hell of a lot of young people's attention, the crowd seemed massively into it where I was. I expect Konnichiwa to be a contender for me album of the year, and it was every bit as good live, incredible energy to start my festival. 

Fatima Yamaha 7/10 - the place was absolutely mobbed, I'd much rather see a bit of his live set, but a good DJ performance none the less, the place went absolutely off when he dropped What's a Girl to Do, pyrotechnics in WOW, who'd have thought it! 

Foals 8/10 - been consistently one of my favourite live acts for the past few years now, and I think they really showed they're just about one album away from headlining the festival, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind they'll do it one day. The crowd could definitely have been better, that and the sound problems at the start of Two Steps, Twice, are only slight down points about it

The Last Shadow Puppets 8/10 - I had expectations that this could fall flat on its arse on the pyramid, it certainly did not do that at all. There's a measure of lunacy about Turner and Kane that just works so well together, rolling out the old classics like Age of the Understand and Standing Next to Me really got the crowd going, and that Moonage Daydream cover was absolutely sensational 

Tame Impala 8/10 - I was so undecided about this slot right up until around the time of TLSP, where we had a good slot and I decided to watch Tame Impala; a decision I certainly didn't regret anyway. Phenomal sound, crowd around me was massively into it, just a really happy groovy place to be, that's what Glastonbury is all about I think, I'd watch them headline if they ever kicked on to that next level. 

James Blake 9/10 - bass that would rearrange your organs coupled with the usual completely dreamy melodies makes for some combination. He's such a seriously talented musician, I don't see how he could ever do any wrong, I left after Bon Ivers appearance to make The Beat Hotel, but missing two songs wasn't too much of a blow, I was absolutely taken by his performance 

Kamasi Washington 7/10 - that's some nice jazz isn't it, made for some quality Sunday afternoon listening, I didn't know a great deal of his music except a few tracks off The Epic, but you didn't really need to I don't think, it's so easy to listen to anyone could enjoy it. 

Laura Mvula 8/10 - left Kamasi Washingtom slightly sharp to catch it, she's got a fantastic voice, infectious music and a good stage presence, what's not to like, she could really go places I think, British music needs more phenomenal woman like her 

Jeff Lynne's ELO 9/10 - how they still sound so good after all these years I'll never know. Definitely better live than they sound on record, perfect set list for that slot too I felt, people complained about the lack of crowd interaction around me, but who cares, I'd rather hear a catalogue of classics than Jeff talking AND that lead violinist, it turns out love at first sight might be real 

PJ Harvey 6/10 - I mean, I liked it, and she's legendary and it was LOUD. But I think maybe I expecting slightly better from reviews I'd read of her recent shows, maybe the weather and thin crowd didn't have such a good effect on it, but still a good performance 

LCD Soundsystem 10/10 - After 18 festivals and hundreds of gigs across the U.K. and Europe I've finally put a new performance to my absolute No 1 off all time. Absolutely stunning in every way, the energy from the band and crowd was infectious and they definitely both fed off each other, I was an emotional mess by the end of it. All My Friends will be a story to tell the grandchildren years down the line. 

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty simple - give the acts you saw over the weekend a mark out of ten, and if you want, why

Friday:

Orchestra of Syrian Musicians - came so close to missing this due to feeling pretty ropey and none of my friends really being up for it, but managed to convince one to come and he loved it, and as did i. really good mix of songs - both familiar and not - and they seemed to be loving it. 9/10

Skepta - the place, as expected, went off, and it felt so triumphant to have him up there with the rest of the BBK crew. 8/10

Vince Staples - didn't pull the biggest crowd, but was ace. managed to squeeze a shitload of songs in to his hour and is a very funny guy. 8/10

ZZ Top - again, had to force people to go with me, and tbh once i got there i kind of regretted it. i do like some of their songs, but they also have a lot of stuff i'm not familiar with and kind of lost my interest. i think i would've preferred to have gone to see Bring Me The Horizon, if only for the comedy/nostalgia factor. 6/10

Foals - nailed it. i don't really listen to them that much anymore, but live they're just fantastic, and it was great to hear another song from Total Life Forever being played. crowd around me seemed well up for it as well. 9/10

Sigur Ros - fuck me. i'd kind of prepared myself to be slightly underwhelmed due to the type of shows they're doing and the venue they were in, but was anything but. whole thing was incredibly euphoric. crowd was fantastic. light setup they had was mind blowing. me and my friends got pretty damn emotional. 10/10

Saturday:

Car Seat Headrest - unfortunately turned up a little late to this but what i saw was pretty damn good, and got to hear my favourite song by them Drunk Drivers/Killer Whales. was fucking shattered though so struggled to really get in to it. 7/10

Cat's Eyes - loved this. there was a fair bit of fucking around between songs but fortunately Faris is a pretty funny guy so made light of it all. great early day set. 9/10

Jagwar Ma - finally got to see them and they were ace. crowd was absolutely loving it and everybody around was dancing. 9/10

Kurt Vile - haven't really been able to get in to his new album as i find it all very monotonous, so for me the set fell a bit flat. didn't help that my friend kept reminding me how he thought he was shit. 6/10

Tame Impala - was mming and ahhing over choosing to go to see them right until the last minute, but i'm glad i did. thought they were ace, and the crowd was surprisingly up for them. though they were gonna be a bit boring but i was dead wrong. 8/10

Adele - a prime example of just how much a good crowd can change a gig. people were going mental, belting out the songs until their throats were raw, and there was a real air of excitement before it started. not to diminish Adele's performance, because she was fantastic. probably the most all out fun i had all weekend as it was the one set that all of my friends joined me for. 10/10

Sunday:

Kamasi Washington - unfortunately i was feeling pretty shit this day so my plan to get down and boogie was scarpered by force feeding myself a burger that made me feel worse. i also feel like the lack of choir makes a big difference. although the final song, The Rhythm Changes, really perked me up, and Patrice Quinn(?) nailed those vocals (was shocked when she hit all the notes at the end). 7/10

Bat for Lashes - was still feeling pretty fragile by this point, but fortunately she was really great. me and my friend had a simultaneous little cry during Laura, and by the time Daniel was played i was back in business. 9/10

Band of Horses - surprisingly great. the one-two of The Funeral and Is There A Ghost was just insane - the crowd went wild. even the songs i wasn't all too familiar with i enjoyed a lot. 8/10

Beck - gave it his absolute all, but it was pretty apparent from the get-go that the crowd wasn't there to see him. made a few little comments on it during the show but didn't let that stop him. just wish he didn't play so heavily from Guero. 8/10

LCD Soundsystem - what needs to be said? incredible. was absolutely off my nut for this and the whole experience was just amazing and really seemed to fly by. not even a guy pissing all over my leg could bring this one down. 10/10

i saw bits and pieces of other acts over the weekend but not enough to rate em. saw a couple of songs from The Last Shadow Puppets and decided going for a poo was a far better idea than watching those two dickheads, although the songs i saw weren't terrible

What else did Syrian Orchestra do?, probably could have got to it given the James delay....not sure if they were late on too?

I thought Adele for what I knew smashed the shit out of it and best onstage banter of the weekend!

Walked past LCD on the way to Arcadia and really not my thing...could have headlined JP imo with that crowd.

PJ Harveys crowd was small but enjoyed the 1st half and as I expected BMTH got one of the smallest crowds of the weekend and that was 3rd place down. I got back to my tent and heard Throne and Drown at the end but it wasn't planned that way.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What else did Syrian Orchestra do?, probably could have got to it given the James delay....not sure if they were late on too?

Damon came out and performed Out of Time by Blur, and two rappers (was it Bashy and Kano?) came out and performed White Flag by Gorillaz, but i think(?) the rest was music from Syria. really good though, and seems to be getting glowing reviews 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/damon-albarn-and-the-orchestra-of-syrian-musicians-helped-put-gl/

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Damon came out and performed Out of Time by Blur, and two rappers (was it Bashy and Kano?) came out and performed White Flag by Gorillaz, but i think(?) the rest was music from Syria. really good though, and seems to be getting glowing reviews 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/damon-albarn-and-the-orchestra-of-syrian-musicians-helped-put-gl/

Ah nothing I cared to miss

Skepta - 8, Unknown Mortal Orchestra - 7, Foals - 8, Muse - 8.5

Hurts - 8.5, Kurt Vile - 6, Last Shadow Puppets - 8, Tame Impala - 9.5, New Order - 7

Mystery Jets - 6, ELO - 8, Band of Horses - 6.5, Beck - 6, LCD Soundsystem - 10

I thought Tame were perfect, but not as perfect as LCD. 

orchestra of syrian musicians amazing way to start off the weekend out of time killed me 8/10
frightend rabbit the rain really helped them 7.5 10
ezra furman a hour was maybe abit too long for me but that crown of love cover7.510
explosions in the sky  one of my favourite bands of all time but coudlnt full get in my head into it 8.5 10
sigur ros THAT FUCKING STAGE SET 9.5 /10

churves perfect setting for them 9.5/10
new order the last 5 tracks knocked my socks off 9/10

gregory porter fun got abit bored towards he end 7/10
kemasis washingto only saw 20 minutes but so good7.5/10
electric light orchestra too many middle pacers but cracking mr blue sky into roll over beehtoven yes 8/10
PJ harvey  the best backin band ive ever seen corking setlist 9.5/10
LCD soundsystem what can i say TEN/TEN

Edited by Neal86
missed a line

Friday.

James 6/10

Blossoms 6/10

Jess Glynne 8/10

Foy Vance for what I saw 6/10

Bastille just sat at tent 6/10

Muse what I saw which was a fair bit 7/10

Underworld 9/10

Saturday

Madness 7/10

TLSP 5/10 bar the two I cared for it was shite!

Chvrches just sat at tent 7/10

The King Blues 9/10. No way was I trying to even get to Art G....saw loads heading there even before TLSP.

Adele 9/10

Sunday

Newton Faulkner 9/10

Bears Den 7/10

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott 8/10

Years & Years 6.5/10 for what I saw

Band of Horses 8/10

Catfish and the bottlemen 9/10

PJ Harvey 7/10

Jake Bugg for what I saw 8/10

Arcadia.

Special shoutout to the 0/10 wednesday for being stuck in traffic for so long we decided to attempt to get in before dark and walk the last 5 miles but still only making it in at 11pm and missing the whole day after setting off at 9am. Grim that people were being kicked off coaches too and forced to walk.

Friday

James 7/10- Would have been lower as the wait for them to start was frustrating and their set started a little slow but when Laid came on and the sun started to shine I knew it was a great way to start the festival.

Skepta 8/10- Good to see Grime doing well for itself at Glastonbury and he smashed it, couple more big songs like Shutdown and he could rise up the line up quickly.

Two Door Cinema Club 9/10- Wasn't really expecting these to be too great but they have so many catchy songs and the new stuff sounded good live, even in the pissing rain they were a perfect festival band (although being fairly drunk helped this set a lot).

Catfish and the Bottlemen (secret set on BBC introducing) 10/10- Just happened to be meeting my mate nearby when we caught them on the sign outside when the tent was still empty. I know a lot on these forums hate them for being indie landfill but I really think they are bigger than that to me and this was a special little 20 minutes, they are great in smaller settings.

Editors 7/10- Pleasantly surprised as I'm not too much of a fan on record, decent but wish the crowd would have been up for it more.

BMTH 9/10- A big fan and expected them to fall flat at Glastonbury but they seemed to go down fairly well and proved this type of music has a place at Glasto, even if they played a softer set. Should of been headlining a stage.

Foals 9/10- Caught the second half of their set and it was fantastic. So energetic, cant wait to see them properly at LF. Only downside was the technical issues for the first half of Two Steps Twice.

Muse 7/10- I usually think Muse are one of the best live acts going and are perfect for festivals but it wasn't quite the spectacle I'd seen before. Which I think was the problem, I'd seen them play the exact same set but better twice before and once in April. Can imagine they were great for first timers though, didn't help my pleb of a mate spent most of the set on his phone.

Saturday

Wolf Alice 8/10- Was feeling a bit rough but they were good and didn't seem too out of place for the Pyramid.

Kurt Vile 5/10- Thought I'd enjoy this one but was just boring.

Tom Odell 6/10- Caught a few songs which were good but lacking atmosphere, imagine it'd of picked up towards the end.

TLSP 8/10- Planned to see the full set but the mud slowed me down, thankfully saw all the songs I wanted to and was good fun. Miles and Alex area a great duo if you don't take them too seriously.

The 1975 9/10- Used to hate them but for some reason thats changed and have really gotten into them lately and they did not disappoint. Great set that need to be longer and probably would be better than any of their own shows which would be filled with all the screaming young girl fans.

CHVRCHES 10/10- They really have come a long way since they first started out, Lauren has become a lot more confident in her voice and stage presence. They have great onstage banter and the atmosphere was top notch for them. Feels like they could headline the other with one more good album.

Oliver Heldens 7/10- Was really not up for the slowness of Adele on a Saturday night so opted for something more lively. Was good fun.

Sunday

Years and Years 5/10- Caught a few songs as I was passing by and it seemed a bit flat, the weather probably didn't help and I preferr them in an indoor setting.

Ellie Goulding 8/10- Great songs and stage presence, questionable setlist and probably should of been above Beck (for both of their benefit).

Craig David 8/10- Tent was stupidbly busy so couldn't get anywhere near but thankfully could still hear well and the crowd outside was still up for it. Good bit of nostalgia, JP would have been a better setting.

Coldplay 10/10- Wow. They are a very camp band and I thought it was going to be too cheesy for my liking but it blew me away. Huge crowd so was way up on the hill but it helped as I could fully see the spectacle they put on. Great setlist, amazing stage show with great cameos, good atmosphere throughout the crowd and some really emotional moments. Fix You, Yellow and The Scientist and the viola beach tribute all had me holding back the tears. A fantastic festival band and perfect way to end the weekend. Consider me won over.

Edited by Followill

Friday

Skepta- Brilliant, I have been following grime for a long time and was so excited for this. Never thought it'd be so prominently on the Pyramid stage! Great crowd and got to watch with all of my friends, loved every minute. Wasn't even bothered by the torrential rain which followed and resulted in me hiding in the tree to the left of the stage. 9/10

Unknown Mortal Orchestra- Only managed to catch a couple of songs from quite far out, didn't expect it to be so packed! Sounded good but would like to see them properly to give a true rating. 5/10

Vince Staples- Due to distance from UMO decided to go catch Vince. No regrets here, really upbeat set with everyone dancing and enjoying themselves. Surprised by how funny he was in between songs, one of my favourites of the weekend. 9/10

Ezra Fuhrman- After walking back again from West Holts I think I was a bit tired by this point and not able to fully appreciate the set.  A couple of songs got me jigging but I had to go sit down before the end! 4.5/10

Foals- Went alone to see one of my favourite bands. Did not disappoint. So cheery and fun, slight mishap with Two Steps Twice which was annoying as it's my favourite song. However, I couldn't have been happier I went along even if all my friends went elsewhere. 8/10

Bastille- Caught half of Bastille whilst I waited for friends. Certainly not my cup of tea, enough to bop my head occasionally to some recognisable songs but overall quite bland. 4/10

Disclosure- Saw them before headline West Holts, really glad about the movement to Other Stage. Energetic crowd with some lively dancing. Amazing visuals and sounded excellent. 8.5/10

Saturday

NHS Choir- Really lovely start to the day, got me a bit emotional. Some beautiful voices singing some really nice covers. Really got to me as a fellow NHS employee, happy I went along. 7/10

Lady Leshurr- Heard from the tent. Recognised some of the songs and she sounded pretty good as I continued my recovery in a campsite chair. Would go along next time.

Mbongwana Star- Went with a group of friends to this. Not my typical listening but I had so much fun, really entertaining guys on stage. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. 6.5/10

Tom Odell- I did not get this. Dull. Saw a couple of songs and left, confused when I heard someone say 'isn't he amazing live'. Not sure what I was missing but I would avoid him if I knew he was on again. 2.5/10

The Last Shadow Puppets- Loved them.  Really like Alex's voice and although they may be a little unconventional on stage I thought they were hugely entertaining. Thought it was a brilliant set list too. 9/10

Tame Impala- Ahhhh, was looking forward to them so much and they were exceptional. Really happy the crowd seemed to appreciate them as well. They sounded so so good. 9.5/10

Adele- Boring. I honestly don't understand the praise she is getting. Her voice is exceptional I'll agree. But christ, I listen to her music occasionally and even I couldn't stand this. Her talking in between songs began to infuriate me and I had to leave after about 5 songs due to the depressive nature of the set. Really disappointed with her. After seeing Beyonce as a big female headliner before I really felt like there needed to be more than just a good voice. Was not entertained at all, maybe better on a Sunday. 2/10

New Order- However, leaving Adele meant I saw half of New Order. This was great, loved the set and 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' at the end was perfect. 7/10

Sunday

ELO- If I'm honest I don't think I knew enough songs to fully appreciate the set but I did enjoy it all. Very old-school style to performing and their big tunes I did know really felt great in the crowd. 6/10

Ellie Goulding- Waiting for Beck with my mac n' cheese I thought I'd catch some of her. Terrible performance, really, really uninvolved with the crowd and sounded quite rushed? Saw her on the other stage before and although I'm no way near a fan she was much better then. 1/10

Beck- I was a teenage fan of Beck and have never got to see him. I was torn between him and PJ Harvey but I'm so glad I went to the Pyramid. Wow, I thought he was great, really cool persona on stage, I want to party with Beck! Loved the songs he played, would barely fault it. Crowd close to him seemed poor but further out where I was people were dancing and enjoying themselves. 9/10

Grimes- Caught a couple of songs mid-set. Really like Grimes and would have liked to have caught a bit more. Next time. 5/10

LCD Soundsystem- Perfect. The perfect set. The perfect crowd. The perfect end to a festival. I just want to repeat that moment everyday for the rest of my life. 10/10.